I am currently at 4000 playing loads of different heroes, mainly McCree, Widow and Ana. However, I also like playing Lucio and Genji, and I have an account where I primarily play them.
However, I am playing McCree and widow at 800dpi and 4.6 sens, but I find Lucio and Genji incredibly hard to play play at those low sensitivities. So I tried playing Genji and Lucio on 6.5 instead.
My question is for the people that use different sensitivities: Do you build muscle-memory with both/all senses? Or do you just not flick and other things as such? Because when I play with one of the senses, the other one feels weird to use and I feel extremely uncomfortable, yet I perform best on those senses for those heroes. 180’s with genji just feels wierd, and flicks with widow/cree just feels awkward and miss a lot.
Can you give some tips?
I’m not 4k, but I can say that if you want to build muscle memory you need consistent sensitivity. That said, if something is more intuitive for you on certain heroes then go with what works. Everyone’s unique!
My tip is to not have multiple sensitivities, find 1 that fits “everything” and stick with it. It will hurt you trying to adjust to multiple sensitivities in the long run.
It sounds like the sensitivity you chose isn’t right for you. You should be comfortable with all types of aiming on one sense. Finger, wrist, and arm.
Credibility, since I’m only 3.2K on OW is Global Elite on CSGO. I know my way around mechanical aim.
Hello Adde!
While I may not have the perfect answer for you, I’ll share how I am able to work with two different kinds of sensitivities. I hope it helps!
For General heroes, I play them using 400 DPI @ 11 sens.
For Genji/Lucio/Mercy I play them at 800 @ 11 sens.
I generally switch DPI by using a button below my mouse.
The biggest thing for me is memorizing key placements using my mouse pad. I based my sensitivity off it’s size, so going from the center to the edge is a perfect 180 (400dpi). When I’m using 800 DPI, it’s half way from center to edge. It may be a weird way to do it, but it really becomes second nature once you get used to it.
GL HF
It sounds like the sensitivity you chose isn’t right for you.
Do you mean the sens I use for McCree/Widow or the one for genji? I find the lower one to be perfect for aiming precisely at almost all ranges, but on the higher one I am able to hit 180-triple-headshots very easily and using blade also works nicely. The sensitivities are only problematic when I switch between them, as I need to readjust to them
Ideally you’re going to want one sensitivity that allows you to comfortably do everything, it’s the best way to keep your mechanics consistent. Every bodies muscle memory develops differently, so maybe you cannot have that one sensitivity for all or maybe your setup doesn’t allow it.
What I recommend is you develop a training exercise in which you alternate between the sensitivities, with different aiming techniques. You can use any external trainer of your choice, just make sure you do the math while translating and try to get used to that alternating feeling. Perhaps you can even do a dpi switcher to get used to it. This takes a lot of time though, and you’ll have to put in that time to get the value out of it. In csgo I had 2 different DPIs for snipers and normal weapons, and it took me about 100~ hours I want to say before I can play at my best with seamless interchanging. However I found that updating my setup allowed me to have one comfortable sensitivity for all, and I no longer needed it.
However I found that updating my setup allowed me to have one comfortable sensitivity for all, and I no longer needed it.
You mention setup, and I think that may play a part in my problem. The way I feel most comfortable aiming is with my hand like this https://imgur.com/8fF9BnW
The problem with this is that I usually hit my keyboard if I try aiming too far to the left. This is why I always 180 to the right on my normal sensitivity. However, this doesn’t really work when playing genji, hence why I increase my sens.
Maybe fixing this can solve the problem?
You will build muscle memory for both. It will just take longer than if you had 1. FYI there are some pros that use different sens. So it’s doable.
Hello everyone! 
The problem with overwatch compared to some other games is that every heroes uses different kits. You can’t have the same sens on all heroes and expect to play equally good on all of them. There are for example heroes like Genji that requires you to have really high sensetivity compared to what people in general uses. The reason to why Genji players has much higher edpi are because they battle against you at near range and they need to be able to rotate fast when using blade. Genji mains usually uses 7000 and up. Other Dps players often use 3000-5000 edpi. Having a lower sensetivity will make you able to do more precise/small movements which is good when you play against people further infront of you. Playing near people with for example Genji and having lower sensetivity will result of you having less accuracy shooting the target because it will take to much time to move your mouse across the mousepad and keep up with the target. The nearer you are to a target the more centimeters on the screen will the target move at a given time. If you are 1m infront of a target and it moves to the right in 1 second it maybe will move 1cm on the screen and if the target is 10 m infront of you maybe it will move 1mm on the screen when it moves to the right in 1 second. Being able to do more precise/small movements are also not required as much when playing Genji because if you are near a target it will apear bigger on the screen, it’s harder to miss a shoot on a target that are near you if it is still but when it moves it will make bigger movements on the screen which is why having higher edpi on Genji is much better. Now this is the same to all heroes, this is why some players are able to be better at some certain heroes than others.
I read that Fl0w3r which were dps on Nyxl had multiple senses depending on which heroes he played. You can search on google liquipedia and then write Fl0w3r . I think I agree with Jacqui, you will build muscle memory for different edpi but it will take longer to become really good at all of them. I play myself right now on 900 dpi by 4 (3600) on most heroes and then 900 by 5 on Rein, orisa, Lucio, mercy, Winston. Before I added my 900 by 5 sensetivity I checked what accuracy I had on for eaxmple Baptiste and it were still the same before and after which is 45% weapon and 60% healing. However I play in gold/plat border and I think my main problem is game sense and not my edpi because I haven’t met anyone with the same acuraccy in my rank. people have 25-30% acc on weapon as a Bap in my rank.
Sensitivity is not needed really for m and k cause you have more control but having diffrent sensitivity usually arent extremely different from one another unless you know how to flick i personally use a very high sensitivity on mcree ash but slower on characters not needing to flick like genji mercy etc
I use two sensitivities, and bind the switch to a mouse button that’s out of the way.
I play mostly hit scans, at 4000 edpi.
I have another at 5600 for things that just don’t require that precise aim. D.VA, Winston, Rein, Mercy, Reaper, etc.
After a few months, i find switching between the two dpi settings feels pretty natural. I’m no pro or anything (gold) but i can say i’ve messed with this stuff a LOT and finally settled on two DPI settings. I enjoy it quite a bit.