Question for those that tell me PBSR isn't broken

My bad, sorry about that then.

For me to lower my SR 200 (which is what I needed to play with my bronze friend), I quit one game before it started to avoid affecting people wanting to win, then I only played heroes I wanted to learn so I wasn’t soft/hard throwing the game, but instead, testing my skill on those heroes (where i belong probably in silver on). I lost the 200 SR and then played on my main. I got her up to a certain point but her skill in the upper SR was not good enough to handle those players, and I wasn’t skilled enough to carry her. After I stopped playing with her, her SR went back to where she was. He husband thought she was hard stuck in bronze due to her teammates. Sorry, but she belongs in Bronze.

Her husband is a gold player who often hits mid plat. I watch him play and he really is a plat player, but, he makes these HUGE game changing mistakes and takes a loss when he could of won. “We’re not killing them quick enough, I’m switching off MT and going DPS”. Then there is no MT, the enemy team hard pushes us, we lose. Or he plays Rein and just randomly charges into the entire time, line of sights the healer, and instant dies when we are like 2 seconds away from over time.

He just simply makes random mistakes that cost him wins. He gets to mid plat when he stops doing that, drops to gold the more he does it.

Yeah I’ve been seeing more brutal smurfs than usual in gold. They send me nice messages sometimes about my Tracer play even if they destroy me on Widow ;_ ;

I’m not back peddling, read what I have said. Someone having SHD doesn’t mean they are throwing/trolling smurfing.

Something you have stated to believe. And to make a remark on your edit

I’m sick of the forums being flooded with “I belong higher” “The matchmaker is rigged!”
People such as yourself, who make self assesments on your skill and assume that you belong higher. You are silver boarder 1 start, almost 2. You have played many, many more games than needed to smooth out any bumps that may suggest others are holding you back.

Every time someone like you posts for a vod review, they make the same mistakes stereotypical of people in their elo. It has been debunked numerous times, and I honestly don’t know why I waste my time on here anymore. It’s filled with people like you who would rather be handed elo rather than earn it.

I think a lot of people don’t understand that in this game, the tanks carry. If the tanks don’t create space for DPS, you only have hard shots available. you miss a lot more shots if this is your only option. When the tanks do their jobs, you can literally free shoot people. But if the tanks can’t or don’t create that space for you, then you are likely to have their tanks in your face. You can’t play the game as DPS when the tanks are in your face constantly.

The logo is displayed in all of their youtube videos, pick something better to lie about. I don’t want to be handed anything, I want to play people that don’t queue in with the sole purpose of focusing me out of the game. I want to play actual games where my teammates are as skilled as I am. You couldn’t do anything if your tanks never peeled and your supports never healed YOUR mistakes. So don’t think you are this amazing player. My stats rival yours and I have NONE of your support or team organization that is taken for granted in diamond.

Your tanks and supports know how to do their jobs. If they didn’t do their jobs, you couldn’t do anything. You can’t flank if the tanks never push. It’s impossible.

No. Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted

I mean, if enough people are shouting fire, you might want to go check if there’s smoke. One player affected THOUSANDS of ranked games in the process of griefing the streamer timthetatman. ONE. What do you think 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 dedicated players could do with organization and the proper motivation? Cause serious damage to the integrity of a ladder, that’s for sure.

However, the equation I derived does not produce very good agreement, likely because these streamers have much higher performance than me.

Before the Mercy re-work (your example) you could exploit PBSR gains by encouraging your teammates to die in a nice little pile and hide and then fly out and resurrect them. You didn’t even have to heal or win the game, you just had to ressurect more players than every other Mercy player in your ELO.

If you would have done that and just glocked people. you would have placed much higher in your test case. J000mla was getting like 100 SR a win in his bronze to top 500 stream, and he didn’t heal anybody at all. But he outfragged every Mercy player in Bronze, and got rocketed out as a result. it’s why PBSR is stupid. it encourages players to play for stats and never switch heroes.

And for the smurfs who come in and pad their stats, it makes it hard to climb playing legitimately without resorting to the same method.

I admit that my information on QP MMR affecting initial ranking is based on the threads on the COW subreddit from high ranked players. And until Blizzard states otherwise, I will operate under that assumption - because it matches with what I know of other FPS ladders. 10 placement matches is nowhere near enough data to determine a player’s skill.

You will see that I was initially placed in platinum, and I know that I was placed exactly 1,000 SR away from the friend I only played Overwatch with. A multiple season gold ranked player that was on a downward slide into silver. When I completed my placements with him, he was 1569. The system placed me at 2569. It did this so we could queue together, a major flaw in the whole competitive mode. You should be forced to solo queue placements. Everyone should.

Gold is all about people not being able to aim, the frequent cries in voice for hitscan to do something about Pharah is more than enough confirmation.

if you can flick head shot a Pharah out of the sky with an arrow. You shouldn’t be in gold…

Nope. He started from 919 and after the mercy game hes SR was 968. Anyone can confirm that and its a 49sr gain. Not “like 100”. But hey, keep giving examples where everyone can see your lying :slight_smile:

Absolutely true! But we are not in a DPS meta. So with that said, for the last 2 seasons, if you play anything but support or tank, then you’re at a disadvantage.

You chose to believe some random post, rather than carefully gathered in-game data, from multiple players, all pointing to the same conclusion: new accounts all start competitive around 2350.

Again, irrelevant if you have better information: carefully gathered data.

This is true, but that is a critique of the system as it exists, not a statement that it can’t possibly be that way.

You need to get away from:

1. I think things should work this way
  2. Therefore, that is the way that things work

I love how you obviously JUST watched it to pull that 919 number out of the air, and then ran straight here to tell me about it so you could call me a liar. You are very invested in this matter that doesn’t even concern you.

I was going on memory, and his gains increased far beyond just 49. I’ve gotten more than that in my games when I performed exceptionally well.

No, I believe my decades of experience in the matter.

You present your hypothesis as fact. This is folly. Only Blizzard knows the details, you are just guessing with science experiments, but it is impossible to draw an accurate conclusion because you don’t have the facts, or even access to the facts. None of us do. We can only use prior experience and deduce that Blizzard didn’t opt to reinvent the wheel in any of these systems. No developer would. They clearly took CS’s bell curve system for stat distribution and applied it. It’s too risky to try and develop these systems when you are on your very first foray into a new genre. A very well established one.

Yep some watch it and you call it “pulling number out of air”. Some pull the numbers actually from the air and call it sound proof.

Yep but not with mercy. And it wasnt even “like 100” after mercy games. More like 70-80 with hes MAIN (aka widow).

But tbh I find it hilarious how you just lie about things, when someone points that out, your like “lol you pull things out of air”. Like what?

Nope. This is actually what you do. Kaawumba actually has some data. You dont.

This is pretty much all you do Vyel. Thats why no one takes you seriously.

I watched it when he streamed like a year ago dude. You watched it five seconds ago to march right here to call me a liar. You are one dedicated troll.

I did watch it also in the stream. But instead of lying it took me a minute to confirm that you were lying.

I don’t care about your little feelings. Neither does most of the world, even if they fake nice to tell you that they do. I’m not here to make friends with 12 year olds.

I dont care about anyone caring about my feelings. I care about exposing liars. And people who think their tinfoil theories are true thus spreading their misinformation aka. lies.