Question about Mergin Problem

Like many others I’m affected but the merge account problem and being recognized as a New Player. I only play in PlayStation and I’m waiting for the fix to the known issue but my question is, if I wait for the queue and play with my user would that affect somehow when they bring back my things from Overwatch 1 or would it be better to not play at all with that account?

I would like to think it shouldn’t matter but at the same time, and with all the issues at launch, I’m afraid of using the account.

I think I’m in the same boat, I play on Xbox and only Xbox, my stuff should just transfer because I don’t need to merge anything. All my stuff is gone and I’m being treated like a new player. Not sure why, but I believe it’s a bug🥺

You can play, your items aren’t lost or wiped, they’re just stalled and Blizzard knows and are working on it.

I don’t recommend buying anything yet though.

1 Like

Looks like they have a fix for it, but won’t arrive till next week. Hang in there. :face_with_peeking_eye:

“In the other half of reported cases for this issue, things are just taking longer than expected for items from the original Overwatch to transfer and populate in Overwatch 2. In all cases, no player data has been wiped or lost. We have a client-side fix for this that cannot be deployed until next week, so we are exploring server-side fixes and will provide updates as more information becomes available.”

1 Like

Thanks!! I’ll have to give the game a try then, I was worried that playing the game without my stuff would erase it for good😂