Question about dummy bots

Hello,
1.first how can i make a bot to find a good way to player? he always stuck in wall/objects if he move straight to him. (is there option to check walls and other staff in front of bot? )
2.how to set move left in action Start forcing throttle if i set -1 it doesn’t move.

you should try using “Start forcing throttle in direction” more cuz it’s way more simple than the complex “Start forcing throttle” action, you can also change the way a bot can face using the “Start facing” action so it would move to many more paths. Yes, there is a way to check if there is a wall/object in front of the bot, but it’s way too complex, This link can help you:

h.ttps://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyTangentialRavenGivePLZ

This link explains about raytracing, and it basically detects if something is in front of you or not.

While you can do this to detect objects infront of the bot, the actually challanging point is the decision where the bot should go next.

Fortunately I have made a resource/tool to get bots to navigate on the map:

2 Likes

BGB324
you didin’t understand me, i know how to move bots and how to make them come to me when there a straight line between me and bot, but if i stay on second floor or in another room there starts a problem, about raytracing, it’s interesting idea but it don’t give information about what the way is right to the target, okay, you checked that in front of you there is wall, now you checked that right and left side is clear. what now? how bot need to know what way will bring him to second floor and other problem of that kind.
but thanks, i think a second idea is better.(second comment)

Shanalotte
thanks,
i thought about something with points on map but hoped that someone will offer something more easier :slight_smile:
it’s a good idea but a problem that need to configure for each map :slight_smile:
now i understand why all old games used point on there maps for bots.
and thank for good example now it will much easier to make :slight_smile:

1 Like

Custom Legendary Bots V10 (300 Rules!)- Final Patch Notes + TRAILER thats the all the magic you need