QP needs fixing!

I have complained a lot about the non-existing balance in QP!

Many answers has been, that it’s because it’s QP, and we get shorter que times due to the looser matchmaking.

Ok, today I played 10 QP, with an average que time of 7+ minutes, the longest was over 12 minutes, and I have as I write this waited for over 9 minutes in QP.

So it takes about 5-8 minutes que time for me to get a game in competitive as a plat/diamond dps/support, and it takes the same amount of que time in QP as dps…

And blizzard just announced they have about 1 million players in OW2 right now…

Sure… 10+ minutes que time in QP

You playing Damage-role?

There’s your answer as to why.

Does that matter with a que time over 10 minutes in QP?

13 and counting as I write this!

QP as in quickplay with longer que times than a top500 lobby, sure!!

There is your answer. You queued Damage.

We knew this would happen based on OW1. When you make tank and support less fun/impactfull then damage, you get long damage queues.

The same thing happend back in OW1. Not a surprise its happening again with the recent balance changes

ISP quality can also impact queue times. The better your connection speed and ping, the larger the player pool you can game with, and the faster your queue times get. The reverse is also true – if your connection quality is poor, there will be fewer players who can game with you, and the longer queue times will get.

1 Like

Nah, the que times for dps in QP has never been this long since I started playing at season 6 release.
Something has happend, something really wrong, since the que times in top500 lobbies are long due to it being top500, but if the que times are the same in QP as in top500, then something is really wrong!

Que times as dps in QP has been on average less than 2 minutes for me since season 6.
Now it’s about 10 minutes.

Its just repeating what happened in OW1.

when OW1 added roleque, quetimes where more even, dps always where longer, but nowhere as much. But they kept on making supports and tank “less” when compared to damage, as a ruesult, damage queutimes skyrocketed. It was common to see 15-30 min queue times for damage

In OW2, it was more even at first, then slowly tanks became less compared to damage and support, and with the recent changes in S9, its started to make supports less as well.

OW2 is just repeating what happened in OW1. When you make 1 role more then the other 2, that 1 role will get longer quetimes.

The problem with the un-balanced system they have, with both ranks bronze-champ, and a rank within the rank the hidden mmr. You can be diamond rank and still be top500, meaning you will face top500, not diamond players.

Also all these reworks and changes, switching passives and all, makes the heroes extremely un-balanced.

Make small tweaks, and create new content, maps, courses, game-play and pve to make the product interesting.

Wide-groups and the recently talk about even more generous grouping regulations, just makes the ranks even more irrelevant, why try to rank up in gold, if you play against everything from bronze to gm anyway?

Having que times over 10-15 minutes in so called QP is beyond me, and even more that they have no interest in fixing the real issues. 15 minutes is about the que time in top500 lobbies.

im gonna be honest im even upset with matchmaking im not even getting 50% wins bevuase fo trash balance but maybe its deliberate by aaron to get rid of some players

All im saying is im not suprised, the same situation happened in OW1, so its not a surprise it happening in OW2

As support if I have to wait a minute I start thinking something is wrong.

Also, today there is a new DPS hero to try.

Ana is back and tanks are jumping to DPS.