QP bans ruined the game

Throwers can be reported and banned.

So do that. They’ll learn the hard way.

2 Likes

i said this would happen months back once the first batches of anti leaver penalty “fixes” came out lmao. why bother trying when you can accurately determine which team will win within a minute thirty of the matches start. if they cant leave theyll just stop trying and instead of going all out at 100% theyll drop their effort to about 20% and speed the match along so it ends faster.

the only fix is to tighten matchmaking so people play with people of the same skill because the number one reason for leavers are the stomps that happen in 9/10 games. you can instantly tell who will win within the first minute of the match and at that point if youre not stomping, you will be stomped and so you can determine if youll try or not.

i see alot of people in matches who just straight up say gg when they lose their first skirmish and it DESTROYS the vibe of the match entirely because the other team no longer cares if they win and will no longer try so you sit through a boring match and feel like an idiot because you now realize that your team was always going to win because the matchmaker matched your obviously better group with a group of noobs or bad players.

blizzard succeeded in making sure no one leaves matches, downside is that people now forfeit by just not playing.

8 Likes

Actually wow is trying a mode were you have ai duo in 3 member team so it’s 6 but 3 ai teammates one for each human player.

profiles of leavers :

toxic qp warriors, mental low players, players who talk too much and crying after one teamfight…

They just throw because they don’t accept the easy game. And Overwatch doesn’t suit them.
But in the end, the game is the same : if there’s leaver, we lost (rank or QP). Just mass report them and go next

Tone deaf developers and arrogance thinking the solution to punish people who have a bad time with removing them will improve the game. The match quality gets worse and worse and the devs will not fix it.

9 Likes

If they leave you get a new player, usually instantly or pretty quick, that actually plays.

Either a 4v5 for the whole match or let them go and get a 5v5 :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Not the kind of throwers people are talking about. They’re talking about people who switch into a kind of super-casual mode where they still play, but they’re not really putting any real effort into it. It’s virtually impossible to distinguish that from lack of skill. And playing badly is expressly not a bannable offense.

14 Likes

Yeah, imagine thinking that an unmotivated feeder looking at YT is better than them leaving and being replaced by an actual player

10 Likes

man its almost like this is what some of us said would happen.

we told yall that doing this would just lead to people soft throwing and throwing games.

and well, look at the game now.

11 Likes

Blizzard OW doesnt know how to fix the game because they dont listen to the community. They just create their own set of rules and you have to follow them, if it doesnt work. they’ll just be quiet.

4 Likes

Yes, they can be.

You forget, Blizzard has access to all your past game records. They can look at those for comparison. For example, if they see you constantly performing very well with say, Moira, before the QP penalties were increased, and then they see a pattern of poor gameplay with Moira after the QP penalties were increased, they can safely assume you’re throwing, or you’re account sharing, both of which are bannable.

I’m still seeing leavers in every other match, it’s like the harsher penalties did absolutely nothing

Haven’t had any issues. Quality of my games have improved. Something tells me the pro quitter crowd has a different definition of “thrower”.

2 Likes

Rallying an underdog team is the best experience in the entire game. I’d honestly backfill all of my matches if I could.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

Sure, I see the occasional leaver and I will backfill into the occasional game. But far less than before the penalty increases. Before Blizzard started putting QP bans in place for repeated leavers I would see leavers every single game, and I’d be backfilling into half of my games.

No one claimed that Blizzard’s changes would stop all leavers, but the fact that it has reduced the amount of them is a good sign.

2 Likes

This players can’t be saved, worst community by far.

2 Likes

The best fix would be a clan/guild system, so that players can filter out the leavers and trolls (on their teams) before a match even starts.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re not going to do that. That takes way too much time and effort and subjective judgment. Keep in mind a simple defense against that is “I changed my hardware setup” or “the heroes play differently in the new season” or even “I was in a car accident and I don’t have the range of motion I used to.”

I’m willing to bet literally zero OW players have gotten action because they’re not playing as well as they used to.

9 Likes

Blizzard isn’t a court of law. They don’t have to be impartial. If they see someone who looks like they’re throwing, and they feel like they have the proof that shows they’re throwing, then they’ll ban.

And no, none of your excuses are actually valid. A gameplay setup change won’t cause repeated poor performance and heroes don’t change that much to create shifts in playstyle.

Also, I doubt Blizzard is going to buy that you or anyone else was conveniently in a car accident right after they increased the QP penalties.

Except in my and many other cases, performance would depend from results. If game isn’t going well, I won’t be staying.

1 Like