Put Reaper's Normal Voice in all Modes (775+ Likes)

I think this would be cool, however, Overwatch is big on audio cues. Especially for new players, Reyes’ voice might be unrecognizable and hard to get the hang of. Like how OR14-NS for Orisa doesn’t make the characteristic “DUH-DOOOM” intro sound, because people who don’t watch the cinematics won’t understand it. However, for the Reaper player in isolation, I think it would be nice for only the player to hear Reyes, while the rest of the team hears normal Reaper. I’d support it :grinning:

1 Like

Baby D.va already uses this feature, so why not Reaper ? Please Blizzard, make it happen !

2 Likes

yeah, reaps not having his normal voice with blackwatch and soldier:24 really bothers me. I want him to have a normal voice for those too :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe as something only the player who’s changed it can hear. I don’t suddenly want voices I don’t recognise messing with my game sense.

1 Like

I was about to make this post myself tbh. It makes no sense that they went through all the trouble to have the VA redo all the voice lines yet only have it in retribution rather than just on the skins themselves.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from, but we already have skins that alters the words. Genji, Hanzo, Zenyatta ults for example, and you get used to it very fast.

EDIT : + those two reaper skins are limited in time or is bought with the origins version of the game, so not everyone will have it.

1 Like

Yes! Yes! I love the Reyes voice and I would love to see it in the main game! Yea they recorded all of it, why keep it in a limited time mode?

1 Like

It just seems so wasteful to record all those lines and make them so limited, it would make one of the best skins in the game even better. Come on Blizz, make me want Soldier:24 even more.

To me, this is what makes the skins even more amazing!

1 Like

They have already done so for every voiceline. All that’s needed now is objective-related voicelines I assume. Perhaps it’s something that we can get in the future.

Yes, definitely. I would love to see that for Reaper. Playing Retribution, I found myself loving his new voice lines throughout, and I would love to see them added to the actual game for those skins.

1 Like

Re-voicing some of the missing ones wouldn’t take long. It’s around 20 lines, grunts, death screams, and reactions. It’s not like they’re re-recording Mass Effect dialog trees. I bet you they will do it. But ran out of time, at the last minute. When they thought: This sounds dumb hearing the cut scene dialog. but than haring Reaper Mask.

2 Likes

I already made a post about this matter (that got completely ignored) so bring up my points here:

We talk about the fact they re-recorded EVERYTHING for this event. Even his goofier unlockable voicelines you can unlock at events for god sake. And they are just going to lock something as awesome as this behind a 1 month event for god sake.

If they don’t intend on putting the new voice on his maskless skins then i think its an absolutely shameful waste.

5 Likes

Why even bother re-voicing all of Reaper’s lines for his Blackwatch skin just for Retribution and not put those on the skin general WHY!??!!?!?

6 Likes

I have a feeling somethings are incomplete. Once they get them done. They should do it. It be insane they wouldn’t. Like They/re probably missing the death screams, ult line from enemy side, reactions from getting a kill off someone situational, Mercy’s resurrection lines, voice lines in waiting room etc.

2 Likes

I guess it’s because some players would be confused with the same character having two “different” voices. Like some people fast recognize ultimates and react to it through the voiceline, like D.VA can hear the “die die die die die” and turn around quickly with matrix, but if the voicelines completely change with a skin, players might get confused.

I love Gabriel’s voice, but I’m not sure if Bliz is ever going to put it ingame

1 Like

Than baby DVA should be confusing. If Reapers regular voice gets people confused. Since she has a filter too.

5 Likes

yes please. please blizzard those miss this opportunity especially since all reapers voicelines are able to be used in his reyes voice in retribution.

3 Likes

This is very possible but still would love young Reaper’s voice!

Me too :’(

1 Like