Pulse bomb nerf a mistake

For me as a support main the nerf hasn’t really made much of a difference, so if they reverted it I would be pretty much indifferent. I’m just glad some of the supports allow me to take them down with me:

She has the fastest ult charge in the game when she is in the hands of a good player. The issue was a lot of Tracers were primarily attacking tanks with it because they’re stupidly easy to hit with a Pulse Bomb. As a tank, you’re already being bombarded by literally every thing.

Tracer is a flanker, her goal is to pick off healers and other squishes, not solo tanks (although a good Tracer still can). The devs said multiple times that she’s not supposed to be a tank buster, and due to the nature of her setup, she was mostly targeting tanks for easy kills with Pulse Bomb.

It had to happen. She had to have her role reestablished more firmly. A good Tracer still lands her Pulse Bombs on her targets. It can still kill stuck targets with <300 health, so that’s everyone but tanks. It can also kill people too close to it.

If anything, the mechanics of the throw need to be adjusted. It’s awkward. If she lobbed it in more of a straight-line than some half-assed under-handed lob, it probably wouldn’t be so bad for players who struggle with it to begin with.

tracer is not the only hero that is suffering from armor reducing damage

I am pretty much indifferent when it comes to tracers ult. Dont compare anyone to broken hanzo. Hanzo right now is hands down the most broken dps I have ever encountered in my 2 years playing this game.

Hanzo 2.0 should of never left beta let alone PTR

1 Like

Stop making a fuss man
I don even use pulse bomb when it available lol .

Only way to buff pulse bomb would be to reduce her normal damage by 20%. If this is done I don’t mind her pulse bomb even doing 1000 dmg since its a ulti and is supposed to be powerful.

I’d rather they just remove PB entirely than touch her normal damage at all. Don’t forget that touching her damage would impact her charge rate (20% dmg reduction would actually be a 25% increase in charge time).

1 Like

Riptire is the one of, if not the loudest, ults in the entire game. When that goes off, the enemy scatters to the four winds. Pulse bomb is more like the quick kiss of death. It appears with little warning, and is done in an instant. Getting killed by pulse bomb is expected, while, if you get killed with a riptire, you almost deserve it.

You main Mercy/Junkrat in comp, so I understand you want her damage nerfed. But you should realise it’s her job to kill you

Her toolkit is still strong, and in the right hands, can still do work.

Pulse bomb nerf is comparatively light considering she was pretty much untouched since the start of the game.

I agree, they should’ve changed how long it takes before she can blink again instead

You do realize her shots rapidly eat armor rite ?

1 Like

So I initially thought the goal of ults was to be an ultimate ability which would make the difference in a fight.

To be like that, ults need to meet 2 requirements:
-> needs to be on a long CD or difficult to aquire
-> needs to be powerful.

I remember a few months into the games release they tried to raise the charge rate of all hero ultimates to get less ults per match.
Honestly, seeing genjis and tracers, rats etc get their ults in less than 1 min doesn’t really sound nor feel/look rare or hard to acquire.

Also, with tracer they basically went the complete opposite way of this mentality: it’s a generally weaker ultimate with a very short ‘CD’ or chargerate. They should juat have reduced the aoe damage making it so that it basically only deals damage if you stick it and keep the damage or even just raise the chargerate.

Right now it feels like an ability on a 30s CD (you basically have a pulse bomb every 1.5teamfights if you’re an average tracer)which is around the time it takes me to get one pulsebomb.

You should be glad that Tracer was nerfed in this way, because a nerf was coming regardless and this was the least impactful one they could’ve done to her.

i think that reason isnt good , as a junkrat and hanzo right now can get their ult up ultra fast by just spamming and they will gladly use it to solo ult a reinhardt . i see that so often , it makes me think that the pulse bomb nerf was uncalled for. tracer isnt the only one solo ulting tanks. and you know what ? tracers still stick on reinhardts and roadhogs , it still happens. the only difference now is that she have the worst ultimate for a dps now.

yea right. Pulse is TOO EASY.

while it’s completely acceptable for a mechanic such as widow headshot to exist that deals the same amount of damage from 200 meters away.

pulse bomb’s basically a more risky, less available widow headshot now.

Not saying that widow needs a damage nerf. Just mentioning that how stupid, this nerf decision really was.

Pulse bomb does the same damage as a Widow shot. An ultimate having the same damage as a regular ability. How is this even balanced?

they nerfed the blast radius of pulse?

I don’t remember that.

Agreed, she is not the only one, there are a handful of others that also have half dmg instead of -5 dmg on each shot.

If rapidly means being one of the worst heroes for it, then yes. Are you actually trying to say she is good vs armor?