Pulse bomb nerf a mistake

Still not a fan of him ever doing 75 with storm arrow, due to the 125 bodyshot then spamming 6 arrows and only needing to land 1, that feels very cheap and leads to very fast kills. Totally on board with storm arrow having a longer cd. Id like his projectiles to not be so fast, but idk if they would do that, they wanted to make him more consistent, and that speed sure did. Maybe nerf it down some, faster than before, slower than current.

But I think the main nerf he needs is in the form of his leap, giving him that mobility made him so much stronger, and made heroes that used to counter him no longer be that good against him. 4 sec is way too short, id like to see it at least at 6.

I don’t think it would be cheap because the arrow speed would be slower and he would have a 10 second cooldown, besides plenty of characters have an ability killing combo such as: soldier 76 helix rocket primary fire combo, junkrat mine primary fire combo, mccree flaah bang primary fire or fan the hammer combo, i could keep going on but you get my point, also if a hanzo is hitting you with nothing but body shots their probably a bad hanzo and if their a bad hanzo it wouldn’t be that hard to dodge storm arrow and i don’t see much of a problem with hanzo’s mobility.

Edit: i forgot to respond to one point of interest, his arrow speed was fine before and it wasn’t even slow it just prevented him from being a long range sniper like widowmaker it was his only weakness and it separated a good hanzo from a bad hanzo but he doesn’t even have that weakness anymore.

there are silver level players calling it a bad part on the devs decision making but i think it needs to be undone and a possible buff to the radius i loved taking out campers with pulse bombs but i see the nerf is a way to protect campers and i know it can damage D.va becuase i play both Tracer and D.va as those are honestly the characters im best at

You do not kill anything with pulse bomb lately. yesterday still I pulse a grav with 4 people in it, noone dies on the pulse itself.

That is not what’s called doing fine. If you died to that it’s pure luck more than anything else. Storm arrow is better than Pulse Bomb, as is Shield Bash, Rocket Punch, Widow’s Kiss… There are actually loads of very short cooldown abilities which are more reliable and do more reliable damage than Pulse Bomb does.

Tbh it’s not an Ult at all. It’s just a long cooldown regular ability on the Ult slot.

1 Like

even they nerf her pulse bomb, she can still kill tanks tho

2 Likes

If you dont kill anything in a grav with a pulse is not because the pulse nerf damage, something was mitigating damage there or you stuck it on a zarya shield etc. Thats normal. No ultimate has 0 counters and just because you ult to a grav, you dont have guaranteed kills.

The hilarity is that now PB is so unreliable against small armoured targets that it’s actually more viable to throw it into tanks as part of burning down their health.

If they’d never changed the ability to get out of grav this wouldn’t even be an issue. Having grav be inescapable was a mistake. That said, PB does such little damage now that having nothing die to it in a grav is not entirely unsurprising.

You are overexaggerating and that doesnt help your case at all.
Once again, its not about the damage, a well placed pulse with no shields or mitigation will in fact kill a vast majority of the roster. If you dont, its because you didnt place it properly or it got shielded. Period.

Its still 300 damage, dont act like it does 100.

2 Likes

I’m not overexaggerating. The amount of HP, Armour, healing and barriers in the game make it a pretty trash tier ult. The fact that Bastion straight up survives it and Brigitte gets to tank through it (support btw) with her perma-armour is just ridiculous.

Have you tried doing that yourself? Firstly, tracer’s pistol sucks against armour. Secondly, unless you’re sniping her from long range in which case you’re not doing anything to the armour, you are probably in close range. And which character has a close range stun and 150 damage burst?

Rule 174 of Overwatch:

Tracers ultimate has to do less potential damage than an ability that Hanzo has on an 8 second cooldown.

Thems the rules.

2 Likes

Yes you are.
The HP hasnt changed, the armor hasnt changed either and the healing didnt. Its a 1 hit 300 damage, it WILL kill anything under 300 hundred hp and thats a fact.
Bastion survives on 5 HP on a grav since he cant get the 20% damage reduction.
Anyone with 275 armor will still die, pulse does 295 to armored targets.

You can keep saying things over and over but the facts are there. You cant stretch them, sorry.

It’s pretty obvious they nerfed her because they knew Zarya would be meta again and buffed hanzo really hard to make him the meta dps

Eh, i guess you have a point. The tracer nerf was needed, but it was a really bad time to add it because now the briggete meta is going on and making tracer more useless is a bad idea. It’s the right nerf, wrong time

No it wasn’t though… players literally just needed to git gud. Instead they just got EZWIN W+M1 hero and are just working their way through every skill character until it’s just Mercy and melee attacks left in the game.

I understand you’re a tracer main and that makes you hate the nerf. That’s understandable, I’m a zenyatta main and hate the speed reduction nerf on his right click

No, it just wasn’t needed. The Zen nerf also wasn’t needed… the balance decisions in this game are just mind-numbing levels of stupid at the moment.

definitely agree. I love playing Tracer, but even before the nerf her ultimate felt weak and underwhelming, so making it even more underwhelming hasn’t really changed much!

I think she might have needed a nerf, but actually hitting the weakest part of her kit was kinda stupid. Especially at the same time as introducing a hero that baths everyone in armour and basically nerfs and hard counters her anyway.