PTR Speculation time!

Nothing in particular, just the Titanic amounts of cash that investors have pumped into OWL.

So much so, that if OWL dies, Overwatch dies. Heck, maybe Blizzard dies.

He said there’s no dev update coming with the next patch, so I imagine the surprise is something simple that doesn’t need much explaining; I suspect it’s a QoL or UI change.

1 Like

That titanic amount of cash didn’t get rid of the Mercy Meta any faster.

Honestly, this is more Comp OW talk, but yikes i dont know how professional Players can handle changes like this. They spend all their time perfecting their playstyle playing this specific comp, only for Blizzard to change it drastically right before the big tournaments.

Ok i didnt knew i wanted this but i really want it now. Specially after Warframe’s SUPERB port.

I think im gonna edit the OP with the most common buff/nerf ideas, thanks all for participating in the speculating game!

1 Like

Buffs to Sym Junk Reaper Doom Brig Orisa

Nerf to Nano
Slight buff to Moira
Pharah jets mvment speed increased

Reverting McCree and giving him a decent buff somewhere else

Soldier Healing buff (?)

That’s all I need to see to be happy

Ok so the special surprise has to be big enough that Jeff mentioned it but small enough that there is no dev update for it. This probably means the surprise has little to do with gameplay

So I think a new map is the absolute maximum it could be, that would be the biggest content but arguably it’s not really a ‘surprise’ - to some degree the community expects a new map to eventually come out.

It might be a mini-event like the d.va thing, unlock a few skins and sprays

new arcade mode might be on the cards, something simple enough that they don’t need to explain it with a dev video

maybe new custom game settings to let us make our own hide and seek games and such.

could be career profiles change, let us showcase heros or something. probably don’t need a video to explain that.

1 Like

I think it’ll be anti-goats changes. Brig will probably be nerfed more, maybe in Rally (I think Blizzard is starting to regret ever creating her and Doomfist).

I think we might see buffs to S76 and McCree (yes, even with the right click buff). They are still openly worse than other options than Hanzo or Ashe.

I think we might see nerfs to Ashe, Ana (I hope not and I think it’s really the wrong tactic to take, but…), and possibly Rein.

I think Orisa buffs are also likely. Orisa is the only main tank who has never been meta, with the exception of Hammond (who feels kind of niche by design).

Yeah you’re right. If it doesn’t warrants for a developer update, it’s not that big of a surprise, so no Reworks.

True true. Jeff made it sound like it was a big surprise, but a new hero and/or a new map is something the community already expects. So either he said “surprise” to hype the already disheartened community, or he really meant it-- but not getting a dev update is kinda disheartening too…

It’s hard to say.

I couldn’t honestly tell you what the goal is at the present or how Blizzard feels they are doing about reaching said goal.

I believe that they mentioned at some point they might be looking into D.Va?

I believe they’ve also mentioned that they feel Sym counters/could counter D.Va? It’s possible they will buff Sym instead of nerfing D.Va

If they are trying to kill GOATS (*which I am not sure they will actually try to do) they would most likely either need to nerf a hero in the comp to the ground, nerf several members of the comp slightly, change how a mechanic works, add a new hero that counters the composition, or buff heroes that could counter the composition.

The thing about GOATS is that the majority of the heroes in the composition have been popularly used in many or most of the previous competitive top tier metas. So, nerfing many of the heroes in GOATS may not go over well as the players that hate GOATS may not actually hate most of it. Some of the heroes in GOATS are also less annoying than other heroes so that buffing other heroes to compete may lead to annoyances.

Oof I really don’t know what to expect for the surprise… In terms of the balance, I am really hoping for Sym’s TP buffs and crossing my fingers for a Mercy buff, do not care if it related to her healing just give her something.

1 Like

My dream ptr,

Brig nerf
Dva nerf
Pharah changes/ make her less spammy
Less tank heavy comps

1 Like

Now imagine how hyped you’d be if they announced it would launch with crossplay between Switch+PS4+XBox1 :slight_smile:

I don’t think those I crossed-out aren’t “little surprise”. About the OWWC Viewer for OWL, that’s not a surprise.

Omg Ily lol. Thank you for cheering me up. :purple_heart:

On a real note, I hope Symmetra and Mercy get buffs. Mercy just feels so awful to play lately compared to playing Moira or Ana instead.

1 Like

Sym needs a TP cast time buff, and maybe a final Primary Fire buff. I’d also love if they tested her with 225 or 250 HP (she’s like the only purely melee Hero that has 200 HP, compared to Mei/Doom/Reaper, and they all have better self sustain abilities even on top of their extra health)

Mercy could use a change. I’d suggest trying 55 HPS. I also had an idea to make Rez more enjoyable for everyone without directly buffing the Rez aspect. Allow her to use her E ability on living Allies to burst heal them (like Brig’s armor pack), which would put the ability on half the cooldown (15 seconds). That way Mercy players could contribute more healing to the fight without just rezzing people. During valkyrie, the burst heal could be AoE around the target.

I think Doom could use some adjustments to make him feel better to play, but please nothing that breaks him. I really detested playing against Doom before his nerfs came out.

Reaper could use some minor buffs, and maybe Solider too.

I have a feeling Genji nerfs might be on the prowl. If the devs have listened to the forums some for this patch cycle I feel he might be a target, and a very unnecessary one at that point.

Don’t get your hopes up. Knowing blizzard we will all be expecting the badly needed balance patch, only to be told they are making an overwatch lite for mobile.

1 Like

Disappointment,I expect disappointment.

2 Likes

They might actually do this

They legit did this to Brig in otder to justify

s

no

1 Like