PTR patch: Dive is BACK!

Mei may be good v Dive Tanks, but she’s kinda useless v Dive DPS, especially Tracer. They can get away quicker than the Tanks, and generally evade her primary.

Tracer getting a buff is the best part. Not in the sense of playing her, but for how big of a middle finger it is to all of the “Tracer is OP” users on this forum. lol

D.Va

Defense Matrix

Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second
Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds

Man. This does nothing about the range being unreliable or the delay being predictable. It feels like “ANYTHING BUT ADMITTING YOUR MISTAKES HUH GUYS?” Some of the most stubborn people alive.

Not saying I’m not going to like having it up a bit more but still. I feel like that wasn’t the problem. The problem is it not doing it’s job when you use and it being so easy to read. Dva at the old charge rate was fine. Charge rate was not the problem.

If that were true tracer would be running all over this meta. What’s stopping her? She doesn’t care about shields.

The fact is mei can just spray anyone who comes near the bunker and force them off.

They just keep power creeping to avoid nerfing heroes mercys like as much as possible and the game just keeps getting more broken. when they finally nerfed mercy back when I had hope. Then they finally nerfed Brigitte after another year of broken heroes winning for you.

And it’s just the same cycle repeated.

Not entirely but it’s pretty okay.

What did they call it a remaster.

Can’t wait for Widow to kick Genji out of dive again. Then get a double sniper meta which gets countered by sustain and shielding for a year.

Peaches and cream we’ll be going in circles in no time.

1 Like

Not even close Mei instantly shuts down anything that wants to push including brawl.

Until they address Mei. Nothing will work except passive tanking which just means shooting barriers

Dive was originally Lucio/Zen.

The only reason it became Mercy/Zen was because of Mercy’s rework and her being busted OP.

1 Like

It’s the other heroes in the current meta that prevent Tracer getting play, not Mei. Reaper can one tap her. So can Doom. Orisa has always been an Anti-Dive Tank. Moira has Fade to escape and no problem healing through the damage.

All but Reaper of those are getting nerfed, whilst Tracer, and heroes she gels well with, are getting buffed.

I know right? Going from Doomfist to Widow. Sure will be fun to play in mid diamond + after PTR patch goes live.

With all that time hiding behind corners and walls I can get much :sleeping_bed:t6:

Tracer specifically counters doom reaper and orisa. She used to counter mei, but the spray buff changed all that

Besides, who is going to dive with tracer? Monkey and dva can’t get anywhere near a mei. Neither can rein. Or hamster.

Orisa sigma isn’t going anywhere

Of course in another year once they have another hero mercys can stomp good players on without doing anything, they’ll finally nerf mei for real and won’t walk back any changes they’ve done to try and build around the fact that they’re deliberately boosting bad players

I can’t imagine Brig actually fulfilling her role as a significant counter to dive the way she is now, especially with the wildly unnecessary buffs to Tracer’s range. I’d like to think they have some buffs in store for her, even if they are small ones. Can’t possibly expect her ultimate to do anything to mitigate Pulse Bomb anymore, though, and with Tracer’s extended range, any and every tank is going to be ult fodder.

1 Like

Bunker comps have always been the Anti-Dive compositions, I don’t see how you don’t see that. Tracer struggles way more against Orisa for instance than Rein. Why do you think that in the last Dive era when an Orisa appeared, Tracer would get switched for Double Sniper or a Bastion.

Fortify gives her better protection than any other MT v Tracer’s primary. Same deal with Pulse Bomb because of Atmor reduction. Just like Winston she can Shield Dance in a way Rein can’t. Halt greatly limits Tracer’s ability to safely Dive without getting CC. The entirety of Orisa’s kit makes her better against Tracer specifically than any other tank.

At least with Doomfist you have a face to face confrontation with him. With Widow she can knock your dome off from over the rainbow and there’s not much you can do about it.

Tracer doesn’t struggle against orisa or rein. Winston is the main tank you want to run against her because he’s the only one who can actually fight her off your Ana consistently. She’s too fast for the others.

Tracer struggles against healing and cc. Which are both too strong

1 Like

If I may ask, WHY is dive back? Nothing was done about REAPER or MEI. I have a hard time seeing the outcome of a dive being that different as long as you’re still jumping into a meat grinder.

2 Likes

You can dive against reaper+doomfist. It will be tougher with smaller margins but it is doable. You can barely dive against just a silver Mei tho.

Nah, doomfist can do the same thing. There is plenty of rooftop glitch areas on every map for him to exploit and come in from anywhere and kill you.

The difference is your team has 1 tiny fraction of a second to save your life if they are paying attention. Unlike fighting Widow.

The champion changes are Lucio speedboost revert and Orisa and Sigma barrier nerfs. It’s gonna be Rein/Lucio deathball thats gonna stomp out double shields, not dive. Dive however has always been good against Rein comps. So it’s almost like a rock paper scissors effect between the composition styles.

Some thoughts on the rest:

• D.va Matrix recovery feels great now.

• Winston needed a barrier CD reduction IMO, not this. The strength of his barrier was never durability/sustain, but rather how well it paired with his mobility to zone. Weaker barrier more frequently for dives would’ve been ideal.

• Doomfist punch charge was overnerfed, thinking 1.5s would have been more reasonable.

• Tracer buff was solid, she’s now a threat at slightly greater distances, thus doesn’t have to put herself at risk of many closer range stuns anymore to get proper DPS in.

Overall good changes.