PTR Hero Pool - February 5th, 2020 - Sigma, Ashe, Symmetra, Mercy

LMAO. Banning Ashe and Symm will make a real dent in the meta for sure.

9 Likes

its…a test…on the ptr

Fixed that for you

2 Likes

What does it have to do with feelings? The last couple of patches were fast and had a lot of changes. These are just facts.

We can’t know if they’ll be able to keep it up, sure. I don’t think that we should trash talk them for trying tho.

1 Like

I have been watching the general chat feed on the PTR lobby while in queue…

the salt is delicious…

3 Likes

It’s amazing that some mains assume their main won’t be banned, when all heroes are going to have their week off. It literally doesn’t matter who’s first once it hits live comp.

The more I think about it, the worse this whole idea seems.

A week is way too long.

Muh floaty feet!!!

Are they just changing the pools everyday for ptr ?

Syms been in the Hero pool since launch.

Seems to be; like someone else said it looks like they’re making sure the ban mechanic works properly for everyone. At this rate they’ll be through the roster by maybe Thursday next week, at which point they may test some other mechanic.

3 Likes

I’d imagine so. PTR is for bug testing, so rotating the heroes every day makes sense if we’re trying to keep the PTR time to a minimum and push the feature to live in short order. If they made the time each hero spent in pool longer it would take much longer to get through all of the heroes, and they won’t push the feature to live until they’ve checked every box.

3 Likes

Can’t have Symm in any matches!

There are some people in this thread that need a juice box and a nap. :baby:

They need to make one with Orisa/Mei/Reaper/Lucio

I maybe asking the same question someone else has 100 times before but
are they doing pool changes daily on PTR but weekly on live?
Or is live going to be daily as well? Or is it not yet decided? I thought Jeff said in his video it would be weekly but I understand if they’re doing daily on PTR to speed up testing for live-release.

For what we know publicly, it seems that the PTR is doing rotations every day at 4 PM, however based on what was announced by the development team the rotations should stay for a week. That being said they mentioned they may make the hero rotations faster if they feel it is necessary.

1 Like

Okay that’s the info I had, I was just making sure I wasn’t missing a critical change that they decided and I didn’t hear about somehow. thanks!

my guess is they’re just banning everyone once to see if there’s any bugs before finally launching, I wonder how they’re going to determine who gets banned on live still