✅ PTR balance changes, Edits to make

Devs could take a step back from some changes that the playerbase isn’t going to be that happy with, and replace them with some changes the playerbase is going to love.

Let me demonstrate:

Doomfist

Uppercut

• Doomfist’s recovery time reduced back to 0.2sec, down from 0.5sec.

Rocket Punch

• No Wall-Slam damage on targets knocked back further than 6m range.
    • Maximum knockback distance is 12m range.
  • Blocks enemy player movement, Ultimate casting and ability casting.
  • However currently active Ultimates or Abilities are not interrupted.
  • Enemy players can also still use their primary fire and secondary fire attacks.

Comments: Doomfist players regain their fluidity of movement, which is especially important for a melee range fighter. In return the amount of crowd control from Doomfist, and “unfair” feeling of using a rocket punch into a crowd that’s nowhere near a wall and instantly dying to wallslam. These changes are meant to focus on the “Feels bad to play against” aspect of Doomfist. While still maintaining a fun, useful and high skill cap playstyle.

Hanzo

Normal Arrows

• Revert

Storm Arrow

• Reduced to 3 arrows
  • Each arrow does 56 damage
  • Headshots for 2.5x damage

NOTE: Alternate version of this, would be to keep the projectile speed changes.
And reduce StormArrows to 3, with no damage changes.

Another version, StormArrows do 35 damage, and have a 4x headshot multiplier.

Comments: These changes make sure Hanzo is a considered to be a Sniper, instead of a general purpose hero that is good at killing all player types and barriers. It increases the player skill needed by making it so that headshots are more required from a “Sniper”.

Reaper

Lifesteal

• Reduced to 30%

Shadow Step

• Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10 seconds.

Comments: Reduces the power of Reaper between Platinum and Bronze, while also preventing Reaper from being the forefront of a resurgence of a composition similar to GOATs.

Orisa

Fortify

• Reverted

Halt!

• Does not pull enemies that Orisa cannot see.
  • 50% Slow effect duration reduced to 0 seconds, down from 0.45 seconds.

Comments: Enemy players are no longer dragged out from behind cover and eliminated easily.
Note: Not entirely sure about the mix on this one, but wanted to highlight the options.

Symmetra

Teleporter

• Time to deploy is instant.
  • No longer teleports pre-existing sentries.

Comments: This allows Symmetra to be very useful to her teammates with her teleporter. Allowing for highly creative attack strategies. In-trade she loses her ability to instantly deploy 3 sentries behind the enemy team. As this would be too powerful.

Bastion

Configuration : Recon

• Ironclad passive increased to 40%, up from 0%.
  • Hitboxes overall reduced by 20%. (As formfitting as possible, especially the head hitbox).

Configuration : Tank (Ultimate)

• Transformation reduced to 0.5sec

Comments: Giving Bastion additional power to his Sentry form seemed like it was not a good idea. However Bastion was too weak. So power was given to his other forms. In particular, Bastion has one of the largest hero hitboxes while in Recon form. So he was given damage resistance to counteract the higher likelyhood of taking damage. Could also give him as much as 50% damage reduction during the half-second of transformation, as a “parry” mechanic.

Torbjorn / D.va / Winston

• Head hitbox size reduced by 20%.

Comments: If needed.

2 Likes

i wouldnt, that would be slapping more hp on him.
instead look at decreasing the power of the turret and giving him an e ability that works with both sentry and reco.
it could even be the iron clad

Effectively yes.

And but only in his Recon form, which has a massive Tank sized hitbox.

Apex Legends did a similar approach where Caustic, and Gibralter are characters with overly large hitboxes.

So, I don’t understand the doomfist changes
He literally stuns you, so it doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t cancel abilities/ults that normally would get cancelled by the stun. The players wouldn’t be able to shot either, it’s a stun, not a boop, so… No? The rest of doom changes are ok (I think)

Reaper changes are incredibly bad, sure his lifesteal is too high for low tier but buffing shadow step CD does nothing really. They should just replace them
The pro scene used more “die die die” than shadow step lmao, reducing cool down would have no impact, replace shadow step

Bastion changes are also bad, making him a bit too good in the low bracket. I think he should have at most 25% resistance when In recon mode (and I still think it’d be too much… He needs a hard rework, harder than sym 3.0)

I don’t agree on Torbjorn and Winston. Dva is fine but I would also have the reverted goats nerfs for D.Va on top of that.

Good morning, Falc

Yes to Doom

Hit Hanzo with both nerfs

I kill Reaper really often, he doesn’t need a nerf at all.

Imma skip Orisa

Basically let Sym keep the buff. Sure

Bastion should be a tank.

And shrinking critboxes does literally nothing, don’t bother. Torb literally has the smallest critbox in the game and his players think that its big, there is no winning by shrinking critboxes, IT DOESN’T WORK.

Basically all it would be is an ability lock, an ultimate lock and a movement lock, not a stun.

CC is annoying, so this makes it so you aren’t entirely losing control of your character. (Or losing a valuable active ability/ultimate).

So, something like a junkrat trap with sombra hack and Lucio boop weirdly combined?
Like, talking about how they’d work. Trap locks your movement, hack locks you and boop makes you move without control. Something like that combined?

Honestly, I’m surprise they didn’t make it so that RP charge and/or Uppercut consumes his shield as a nerf instead.

Kinda, but without the canceling active abilities/ultimates part.

Hmm idk, I’d be weird to punch a hog onto a wall and then he stills shooting while he can’t move, pretty weird is actually fun to imagine lmao

Idk, I’d definitely be pretty buggy so, I don’t personally feel like he shouldn’t cancel ults anymore… I like the other changes though, :slight_smile:

I like this.

I also approve of this.

As for the other changes, I’m going to stay in my lane and only discuss the tank changes for now. But I like these.

Lol, like that’s ever stopped me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like