PSA: Soldier buffs went live (+nerf)

by making it worse?
Who even sat down and thinking “Do you know what the game blance needs? Soldier changes. Lets pick the one hero nobody talks about and ruin him.”

1 Like

Is only worse for people can’t control recoil.

So is the skill of the player to make it worse or better, for the primary damage.

Recoil is insanely easy to control. That is the issue. :joy:
They just made him into a sniper.

1 Like

Said there would be a damage nerf. I’m just surprised they actually did it. Being able to play it in the game now I feel it makes Solider more consistent close to mid range but less effective long range. Which is fine. There are other heroes that do long range better.

Always need more skill than waiting the game to control the weapon for you.

I cant play him anymore from a mental health perspective. Blizzard forced me off my favorite hero to use. It just too much screen shaking it physically hurts.

1 Like

Automatic weapon with pin point accuracy requires skill? Yeah sure.

1 Like

Is the player now to control the weapon and achieve pin point accuracy, so yes.

Before was the game to control the weapon, player wasn’t involved.

Overwatch is a game want to be competitive so the player must be involved in how control the weapon.

But considered you not even played is normal you don’t known.

Control over the weapon doesn’t make it balanced. It just makes it easier to use.
It is like giving widow a laser gun that can wave around like flashlight.

Isn’t about to make it balanced.

Is about to make it skill based.

Then it is even less skill based than before because the recoil is way easier to deal with compared to the spread he had.

1 Like

Again…

Player isn’t involved in control spread.

Player only wait the game to control spread.

Random spread, 0 skill involved by the player.

This recoil pattern, the skill of the player is involved in control.

False. You could control it if you aren’t holding LMB all the time.

Read better what you writed.

You are saying you are controlling spread by doing nothing.

How is the player involved if he doing nothing to reduce the spread?

The game is reducing the spread, the player is only waiting.

Or you want to say waiting the game do the work is a skill?

Play the game and maybe you will understand how it work.

Honestly- I don’t feel his “RnG” was ever a major issue.

This video-

Was taken at around 35~ meters, by all means, at least in my book- a fairly decent range within the context of overwatch.

At that range it took 12 bullets to down a 200 hp target

Old soldiers “rng” spread would fire a handful of bullets with zero spread (and no recoil), before slowly blooming out over the next few shots.

In practice- with this mechanic in mind, even at these ranges- soldier could reliably dump 12 rounds into a target without moving his crosshairs a single inch (enough to eliminate them), before bloom was too much to reliably / consistently land shots.

About half his magazine, with amazing precision. Then to reset the bloom it was a literal fraction of a second (check the video and you’ll see it live), before emptying his the rest magazine with again, pretty much spot on accuracy.

Now he’ll have to be adjusting for recoil from the second shot to the last, with lower damage.

I don’t think it was the be all end all buff I saw some assert it would be- and think it definitely had pros and cons.

The biggest benefit imo will be the extra ammo. 5 more shots has the potential to go a long way.

Dude, holding LMB all the time will always be much easier than timing the shots. Please stop with this nonsense.

All the had to do is reduce the spread so you can only yolo LMB on close distances and have to tap on long distances.

The issue is the presence itself of rng.

A game want to be competitive can’t have random spread tied to weapon.

Really you not even played the game, can’t take you seriously.

Idk who hasn’t played the game :rofl:

Really you are lvl 1, you maybe played one match, so again can’t take you seriously.