(PSA) Overwatch 2 delayed

and Blizzard co-leader leaving as well, this isnt good
Thoughts?

34 Likes

Not surprised. 2023?

10 Likes

How unexpected /s

55 Likes

In other news, grass is green

At least endwalker is coming out in 16 days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

26 Likes

Good thing BF2042 is coming out soon.

6 Likes

Oh well, at least I have fnaf sb in December to keep 2022 occupied

Now, who wants to take bets on if they can meet the OWL OW2 early build?

2 Likes

This is extremely disappointing. Considering they purposefully withheld content for OW2 a further delay means delaying new hero and map content.

43 Likes

Sounds like it, since they talk about how the “financial uplift” they expected next year was going to be pushed down the road.

1 Like

Considering we don’t have any context for this, telling us it’s delayed is meaningless. Delayed how? A few months? A year?

2 Likes

Not surprised, since OW2 looks like a reskinned OW1 with worse mechanics and lots of negative feedback. They put in much less effort with much greater revenue returns maintaining OW1.

20 Likes

I couldn’t tell by all the nothingness that has been shown off so far. :smirk:

37 Likes

Indirectly saying the game isn’t expected for 2022. So basically, Metro was right about a 2022 release being unlikely. If he was right about most of the game being done too, I can’t imagine why they’d think delaying the game so long for the sake of balance is the right call.

3 Likes

I feel like with OWL season 5 starting in april(?) said to be in OW2, it gave us a window

2 Likes

I mean we just know not next year given that both were slated for next year.

Delayed from… when?

There was never a release date, at best we had rumour for OWL 2022…

2 Likes

Popped up on my phone.

Good because what they have shown so far is not a sequel. It’s Overwatch 1 Super Balance Experimental Edition.

But I hope for the sequel’s sake they get more aggressive with new content for the current game.

6 Likes

Esports of a game that doesn’t even have a release window…

4 Likes

You can’t hear it but I’m hissing at the screen rn

3 Likes

Overwatch 2 needs to do content updates like cod or fortnite to keep its community going.