PSA: Junkrat is in danger of Dying

Ok so when I was on PTR earlier I tried Hanzo and lucio, and figured I could imagine the tracer change, but I didn’t try junk. After reading this I went back and tried him.

If you can aim and were good with him before the “no self damage” buff you will be fine. He doesn’t get as much of the additional spam elims and damage he used to, but he is still effective.

I even managed to kill a Pharah out of the sky and rubbed it in :stuck_out_tongue:
“damn pharah you know they made those balls smaller right?”
:rofl:

I will try it this evening, and no, I’m not a Junkrat main, but I face Junkrats a lot, and the biggest difference I’ve seen between good ones and bad ones, if we ignore positioning because it’s quite universal, is the tire usage.

Now the bad ones will have trouble doing 120 damage by just holding Lclick and the good ones will still be good.

As for your question about killing my main:
I’d sure be happy if my main got more difficult to play after getting such a significant buff beforehand.

1 Like

To back this post up a bit. Hanzo had a projectile speed increase. I can’t tell you how disappointed I am in Blizzard right now.

3 Likes

After playing past 80 hours on Junkrat since around s3 outside of comp as a casual player, I will certainly adapt to this change and probably won’t feel any difference at far distance, mostly just close range dodging problems might occur.

That being said, having the grenades smaller, I hope people stop complaining about it, any smaller could potentially erase “area-of-denial” tactics out of his kit. If you literally die in a grenade spam now, it’s actually probably even more your fault for legit stepping on the slowest projectile, that has now become smaller. I haven’t tested it out yet, but this probably allows a few notable heroes to live a 1v1 close range longer since his projectile starts being closer to hitscan in size.

RIP-Tire speed falling a little off probably just allows a little more counters to occur, which won’t change much anything in the end for already good on junkrat players. As long as the Tire doesnt go back to being slow as before its first speed increase changes, his ult is fine.

Tl;dr, probably not the nerf needed, but allows what people asked to decrease slightly by making it a little more inconsistent for people who just picks Junkrat randomly. I doubt this nerf will change anything and will still keep Junkrat being viable, but any more might affect too much in the end, last thing we want is a hog overnerf like it was back then.

I think he’s absolutely fine after the nerf.

1 Like

It would be more comparable to reducing firestrike by 33% because the range of Junkrat is still the same.

Sure, go for it, but give it 2 charges to go with it like you did for Junkrat.

You are aiming hitscan, you will hit as long as your cursor move to the right place. However projectile below a certain speed will be dodged. Imagine you as widow see a Hanzo at long range. You too can dodge arrow. Now Junkrat’s grenade is much slower, and if hitbox is nerfed Junkrat is useless. Now Junkrat truly takes no aim because people can dodge aimed shot point blank, Junkrat can only spam wish for a dumb enemy.

4 Likes

Which is what people think we do anyway. It’s almost comical. Like they forced the meme into existence.

1 Like

He’s my most played hero by a fair margin, and I played a lot of soldier and demoman in TF2, so I’ve got a lot of projectile experience.

I’m well aware it’s not the end of the world, and that the OP is being a bit zealous.

However, this is going to suck. He’s already a niche hero, and this is just going to make him more niche by necessity, while at the same time weakening him in his niche everywhere that isn’t a chokepoint.

It does have the potential to catapult him into the F-tier. I doubt it will do that, but the potential is there. It just depends on how much it restricts his range everywhere that isn’t Hanamura or Hollywood.

Like I said, I wish they would combine it with something that would keep his grenades in play for a little longer since they’re going to be less effective even when they are well placed when they don’t score direct hits. They’re specifically reducing his ability to deny area, when he’s the area denial hero in Overwatch.

1 Like

I don’t think you can dodge Hanzo’s arrow anymore.

My point is that my hit box is the size of a pencil, while Junk is, now, the size of a grenade. Yeah I’m hit scan but I still have to aim a fairly high amount, sorry but I just don’t agree. But it’s only been one day, maybe we should wait an see. Goodnight, I’m tired. I don’t really like arguing with people.

I know, that is huge. That itself is enough to make Hanzo viable.

This is what I am saying. What I have said. He’s a meme pick again. I’m not saying you can’t get kills with him, that random dumb luck won’t happen, that other players won’t be bad, and that you can’t get insanely good with him. I expect PVP and CHo to still rock face. But for everyone else, why bother, unless you just want to piss off other players?

3 Likes

Your aim is hitscan, with no travel time. Make Junkrat hitscan and I can deal with pixel hitbox too.

3 Likes

If he turns out to be that bad i might just have to pick up Hanzo :bow_and_arrow: but i will wait to judge for myself as there were some end of the world posts for his mine nerf and i didn’t notice it, but thanks for the heads up

OH about that. You should really play PTR, if nothing else, to see how silly Hanzo is.

1 Like

Symmetra is a niche hero.

Torbjörn is a niche hero.

Junkrat can be played almost everywhere with good amounts of success. That’s not what a niche hero is.

3 Likes

Played him back when he was a “troll pick” and still playing him when people complain that hes “OP”. I’ve been through the D. Va changes, this won’t stop me.

5 Likes

This is true, but people still treat Junkrat players like we are trolling as bad as the other niche heroes. That’s why I get people in this very thread telling me to calm my melons, when I have 91 hours on Junkrat. I mean heck man, that is an entire play through of Fallout 4. What more do you want from me lol.

1 Like

No, it’s comparable to Rein’s M1 because the frag launcher is Junkrat’s M1. He’s in-line to lose 33% of his primary attack’s striking surface. Remember, Rein swings his hammer just a little slower than Junkrat fires his launcher. 1.1 swings per second compared to 1.3 grenades per second (time spent reloading about evens them out over the long term).

This isn’t some special ability that gets used every 6 seconds at most. It’s his primary fire.

1 Like