PSA: How To Deal With Fallacious Arguments About Sym's Rework

No, just a controller on PC.

Sombra pick rate is worse than Symmetra. Open the link and check the data next time before making a claim.

I’m not sure what the “DPS” direction of her rework has to do with their attempt to make a hero more viable? The notion of improving her viability as a hero is what will make her more socially acceptable, not any one aspect of the rework. If you want specific reasons for the rework’s direction, you will need to ask the devs.

I’m not even arguing that making her more socially accessible is the reason behind the rework, I’m arguing that it’s a positive consequence of improving a hero’s viability.

This whole thread is fallacious because we haven’t even seen the new Sym for ourselves. Please try again later.

Or don’t! That would be nice as well.

4 Likes

Okay? That isn’t really important at all. What I said still stands. The reason behind Symmetra’s winrate is because shes a niche pick.

Sombra isn’t a niche pick

What am I claiming?

I just said compare them I didn’t say they were exactly the same

You don’t even know if it is inaccessible yet.

Defeatist

1 Like

Her Accessibility is making TOO many other heroes inaccessible in the lower skill levels which is why she is getting reworked.

Want to try and learn McCree but can only hit 25% of you shots?? Good luck their is a hero that can just bunny hop around you while locked on to you doing full DPS.

Plus playing her doesn’t get you ready to play almost any other character.

I quit when they ruined Mercy and was starting to think of coming back when I read somewhere that they were now ruining Symmetra. So both of my favorite characters ruined for no reason, much as I love the game I guess I’m done with it now.

2 Likes

Then why is Sombra standing in a worst pick rate when she isn’t niche? Why Sombra, who have a lower winrate, is at a “good place”, while Symmetra needs to be deleted and remade from scratch?

You can’t use data only when they support your claims. Data must be analyzed as a whole.

Except the players that play those heroes know of their issues, and provide feedback to the dev team all the time. Mei even have a megathread that is currently on the cold because other than the ice block bug, they agreed she is on a good place now.

Symmetra players did that for 6 months, and were ignored this entire time. Then we got caught by surprise with a full rework. We were expecting TP becoming an ability, maybe a turret or barrier fix, but not a full overhaul.

1 Like

So she is still picked very little.

Sorry, I meant to say pick rate. By the way, her win rate is inflated.

There are very good reasons for both you just don’t want to acknowledge them.

There are a lot of people on the forums saying Sombra needs a buff. The reason her pick rate is worse is because she is in a bad spot and there never is a good time for her to be chosen.

idk what this means regarding this conversation

I don’t disagree with that. Ergo “good place” in quotes. What I’m saying is that Symmetra is in a better spot than Sombra, in all measurable stats, and she didn’t deserved such overhaul so suddenly.

Even if it is (which is arguable), don’t this mean she have a good place by playing in defense rounds? Why aren’t more people learning how to use her to make an impenetrable defense?

This isn’t suddenly, she has needed drastic change for quite a long time.

The difference between Sombra and Symmetra is Sombra’s kit fits in this game nicely it’s just she needs a buff or who knows maybe an ability does need changed.

1 Like

Because very few people can have any impact done in a game, which is pretty much the opposite of accessible. It shows just how bad she is.

That is not how you define if a hero is accessible. That is how you define if a hero is easy to learn/play.

1 Like

Do you personally have to deal with issues in that hand for excessive spazzes, slowed muscle movement, or fingers locking up? If not, feel free to ignore. If so, what adjustments do you use to help counteract it?

There’s a difference between defeatism, and realism. I know what I am physically capable of, thank you very much.
Her beam is related to Zarya’s.

Her TP placement is similar to Mei’s ice wall placement. And has had its use been described as a quick response to things like a zarya ult.

Her turrets are aimed like Pharah’s rockets.

Her ult is described as being capable of being thrown into team fights.

I have not played her rework, but based on how it was described and how these similar abilities function, it’s a safe bet that she won’t be as accessible.

2 Likes

You’re a defeatist whether you know definitions or not. Sorry to tell you.

1 Like

So you’re okay with Symmetra being bad is okay as long as she is accessible?

Yes! I even said it so earlier in the thread.

If you want to buff her, buff her. But keep her kit accessible. If the price for that is that she will never be played in OWL, I’m fine with that.

1 Like