PSA Brigs bash combo never countered tracer

But she doesn’t do them “not greatly”, she does them poorly, which is why she had the damage capability.

no its not

she didn’t tank poorly, and her burst heal makes all damage done to a hero irrelevant. she does them both well, but not enough to do either primarily

Her ability to tank is only as good as Roadhog’s. That’s pretty poor.

As for healing, the pack is still pretty good, but inspire just isn’t good enough for her to deal next to no damage at almost exclusively melee range.

she can literally shield off teammates from enemies and helps rien take space with her bash and whipshot. Just because you don’t know how to use her as a tank, doesn mean it she isn’t good at it

Her shield is not very useful to use for teammates, it can be obviously but I wouldn’t call it reliable. As for the whipshot, Lucio has her beat there. So really, Brig’s only defining feature there is the bash.

and there it is. you have literally no understanding of

How brig countered dive

How she has shaped the meta

Why brig has continued to stay strong

and now you are saying bash is her defining feature.

How did bash define her? tell me. I want to hear this.

It’s the only way she was a threat damage-wise? Like seriously, it’s that simple. Without the damage it provides, she isn’t a threat to anyone.

Her bash is the key part of her combo which is what made her so dangerous to be around. Her damage on its own is bad. Her ability to provide armor and passively heal her team are also defining traits of her character, but they aren’t impactful enough on their own.

Why do you think she had the combo in the first place? Without it, nobody will need to fear her

she doesn’t need to be a threat damage wisw she does enough without damage. tanks and supports aren’t supposed to be huge threats on their own. she is a tank support hybrid. not a tank dps, not a support dps.

this shows your lack of understanding of this character and her armor, she literally countered dive with her ult, not her bash.

I think you overestimate how threatening she is though. Her shield bash didn’t make her damage overwhelming due to the lack of range. With how It’s going to be though, her damage will be underwhelming considering her range.

And I understand the character fine, if her armor counters an entire comp on its own then shouldn’t that be what’s taking the hit? If her damage isn’t what makes her a good character, why is that taking a hit? And with the way they’re going about it, it will make her a bad character with very limited viability.

you don’t. you think that bash which she can use on 1 person in a 4 man dive somehow counters the dive comp. she cannot stop 4 people attacking 1 person and killing them, because she stunned 1 of them.

no that’s not the point of this nerf. they don’t want her to stop countering dive. they want her to stop being good at everything. they don’t want her to be good offensively. they want her to be a counter to dive and that’s it

because they want her to stop being offensively capable, not to stop countering dive.

it literally wont.

While I just returned after a year off so my opinion probably isn’t worth anything as it’s probably not entirely correct:

A pretty big part of why Brig stops tracer from destroying the backline is area denial. The pressure of getting shield bashed and dying stops tracer from just doing whatever she wants so she has to keep her distance (which is pretty big because of her damage falloff I think?) and keeps her attention focused on brig.

Without that pressure I’m pretty confident that below the highest rated games she can just do whatever she wants and if she gets shield bashed, it’s whatever. Just recall when you get out of it.

this isn’t the case, the armor she provides alone is enough to force tracer to swap, by the time she chews through the current armor she has given brig will have built rally again, keeping tracer in a perpetual motion of needing to get through armor before she can have impact.

I never said she countered dive because she had bash, I said that was the only thing that made her a threat. It’s her killing power. Nerfing it so it doesn’t go through shields is a fine thing, it stops her from frontlining so easily. Taking it from there, and then also removing its kill potential is bad.

What I’ve been trying to say is that on an individual character level, this change is bad. Forget any sort of meta implications, just think about it from the Brig’s point of view. She can’t kill anyone now without assistance from her team unless the opponent allows her to kill them.

No other character is that dependent on their team, not even Mercy. Without the shield bash damage, she will essentially be required to stay glued to her team, or she will die.

The shield bash combo counters heroes like Symmetra and Reaper much harder than it counters Tracer, so no you can’t.

its not. brig doesn’t need kill potential. shes a tank support hybrid. her job is to counter dive. she already counters an entire team comp on her own, why they hell should she have offensive abilities ?

oh man a character can no longer solo face roll over teams and requires teamwork in a team game? what ever shall we do.

this is a team game you aren’t supposed to be able to just run over others. you aren’t supposed to be able do everything in this game. If you want a game where you can just run around and kill things go play something else. This is OW a team based shooter where people have clear strengths and clear weaknesses.

1 Like

I’m not saying she should be able to run teams on her own, why do you think I think that?

because you are so focused on trying to keep her a high damage hero, and that’s what gave her the ability to run over teams.

But I don’t want her to have high damage, I want her to have respectable damage. This nerf is taking her from respectable damage to bad damage.

I’m saying they should nerf something besides her combo, like her swing speed or something. Or if they continue down this path, then she will need bigger buffs elsewhere that way she doesn’t become useless anytime somebody decides to attack her.

being able to do 155 damage in less than a second is high damage. that’s more than a widow body shot. the highest single shot damage in this game.

she doesn’t need a buff anywhere else. she still does 110 damage with her combo. that’s 10 less damage than a widow shot. being shot by widow as a squishy makes you run. she has respectable damage from her combo, just not enough to slaughter others anymore. Shes supposed to disrupt things that attack her. not kill them. and she does a fine job of it even after the nerf.

Well, I don’t think so. And also, Rein’s charge at 300 instantly is the highest.

While being able to do that much damage that fast is a lot, it takes both abilities plus a primary attack to do, on top of requiring you to be in melee range. It’s damage is more than justified.

Brig isn’t like Doom where she can come and go as she pleases at a fast pace. She has to walk everywhere and literally can’t engage until she gets there, if she gets there.