PSA: Avoid DLC Purchases on Steam

There is sadly an issue with the steam version of Overwatch 2 where DLC bought from the store front is not applied in game. Most of the DLCs for OW2 on steam are getting negative reviews due to players not receiving the content in game.

Hopefully this problem gets addressed soon. Would not be surprised if it is just a silly oversight though.

Also on a side note, if it turns out to be just a delay on steam’s end then I will update the thread to discus that.

13 Likes

Issues like this have popped up before on PSN and Xbox. Usually gets sorted out in a few hours.

3 Likes

To be honest, I kind of expected something like this to happen on day one. It might be just the servers being slow from the new influx of players.

3 Likes

Meh, the only reason to install the Steam version is achievements are apparently retroactive. Install, collect’em, uninstall.

Personally I like having all my games in one spot. So I installed OW on Steam and uninstalled it on Battle.net.

At that point, Overwatch was the only game I had installed on Battle.net. Plus buying content on Steam can reward you with Steam points.

5 Likes

I made a DLC purchase through Steam and didn’t get it. I refuse to play until I get the bundle I paid for.

4 Likes

Do you guys think this issue will be fixed by tonight?

1 Like

I really hope so, just literally dropped my last $40 till i get paid tonight and didn’t get anything, should of stuck with blizzard launcher i guess, RIP

3 Likes

Overwatch League has a sweet mercy skin right now for 300 League Tokens.

Maybe us Steam victims should be given about 500 League Tokens for our inconvenience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Small little indie dev, they simply can’t afford the network infrastructure to actually give you the sh!t you pay for when you order it off of steam. Each API call actually costs one million billion dollars, so they can’t afford to give you the item you spent a measly $15 on.
MAYBE if we keep buying their $20 skins, then they’ll have enough money to give you the invasion pass that should have been free if you had the watchpoint pack that promised free access to pve…

2 Likes

At least I get STEAM Shop points xd :joy:
But im very happy to have the game finaly on STEAM.
I love STEAM :two_hearts:

1 Like

Or Avoid the game entirely

Literally same. Going to try to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks for letting people know. Way to be a chad, Krak.

1 Like

I am optimistic that it could be fixed tomorrow or the day after if it is really bad. An issue like this is guaranteed to lose potential customers, which is something Blizz really does not want.

So far they said they are looking into the issue. I am following their support twitter for updates:

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/with_replies

1 Like

has anyone gotten the content yet from steam?? i bought mine hours ago and still haven’t received what i bought. smh.

2 Likes

i bought the dlc and got it but it wont download so im not sure if thats an issue on my end or steam

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/15o1yk3/steam_dlc_fix/

THIS REDDIT POST FIXED THE STEAM DLC BUG!

I bought the invasion bundle on steam but my 1000 coins and story missions didn’t appear in OW2.

THE FIX: Launch the game from Battle.net launcher, then close it, then launch from Steam, and voila, this small indie studio’s DLC will appear. Both my 1000 OW coins and story missions were available.