Overwatch 2 is currently experiencing high framedrops and connection issues on. This has been an issue since juno trial.I was kicked out 2 twice with a connection error and my account got temporarily suspended. The issue is on Blizzard but they suspended my account.
I’m having the same issue. It’s extremely bad when loading in and when playing end screen/POTG etc.
Scenario is that I’ll load into a game. The frames are so bad that despite the game pre-selecting a hero, I can’t actually see a hero at that point. Pressing a button to select a hero does nothing.
I’ll wait and wait for it to recover. Sometimes it’s like 30 seconds, other times it takes so long that the rest of the team has selected a hero and left spawn and I still can’t select a hero or move to select one.
In those cases, I get kicked out of the game for inactivity in spawn. It’s extremely unfair for me to be penalised for this.
The thing is that I’m playing on the same wifi as my duo and they aren’t having the same issue at the same time. HOWEVER, some nights it’s THEM having the issue and not me. We’ve had to wait in the menus because they got suspended for ‘leaving games’ because of this.
It’s like there’s a memory leak or something and it just gets worse and worse. Restarting the game might make it better, but the frames are extremely flaky.
ALSO - I should add that that during the process of this, I can hear my duo in voice chat. It’s crystal clear. No weird distortion like if I was having an internet issue.
I’ve been having this same issue a lot. Some days the game is running perfect and then out of nowhere the frame rate gets really bad during the hero select and victory/defeat screens. I almost got kicked for inactivity during a comp game because of it.
Me too! It’s almost unplayable
Please fix this asap its extremely infuriating blizzard. Really hope Season 12 update addresses this issue ![]()
Can anyone confirm if the patch fixes anything?
I’ve run into this issue as recently as yesterday. I didn’t see anything mentioned in the patch notes. Does Blizzard know what is causing this?
Issue has been around for at least a month, and seems to get worse the longer the game is running.
Nope. It’s still happening, unfortunately.
At this point Blizzard has known about this issue since fall 2023. It’s been documented in immense detail, with supporting video, on multiple threads both here and reddit. I took my console in for SERVICE because this was getting so bad.
I don’t like when players are endlessly critical of the OW development team at every turn, but y’all— at least chime in to make it clear that you’re aware and are working on it. It really does make the game unplayable in a lot of instances, and this refusal to acknowledge the issue is only going to ramp of player mistrust in the long run. It takes 5-10 minutes to make a forum post about a known issue with your product.