PS4 Voice chat not working

Everytime I join voice chat on my PS4, whether it be team chat or group chat; I can talk but nobody can hear me, and I can hear them for about 30 seconds. After those 30 seconds I can’t hear anyone else and when I check the groups tab in the social menu it shows my mic symbol as being muted. I’ve tried most fixes such as port forwarding, resetting in-game settings, etc. And none of them have worked so far, any help?

Howdy DJWeeb,

If possible, try testing another network like a mobile hotspot. This can help rule out any issues with the modem or ISP. If the problem persists, this may be due to a setting on the console.

I tried it with a mobile hotspot and it worked! What questions should I ask my ISP and what should I do to try and get my voice chat fixed?

DJWeeb,

There are a number of possible causes for this. It’s possible the error is with your router configuration. The best way to test that is to unplug your PS4 for 10 minutes, power cycle your router, swap to ethernet if you are on wifi, and have the router replaced if that doesn’t work.

If replacing the router doesn’t work out, the likelihood is that there’s a block somewhere between your house and our servers. In that case, you’d want to ask if there are any VOIP blocks (sometimes telecommunications companies will request this in some countries.) It also might mean there is some kind of instability with the internet between you and us, in which case you’d need to wait for any issues to be repaired.

I asked my ISP about all of this stuff, and they told me to ask Overwatch support to provide the destination IP address and port on which the voice chat takes place.

DJWeeb,

We’ll need them to contact us directly. We can’t post those publically for security reasons. Just have them put in a ticket here.

And have them let our support team know that they are a network admin at an ISP and that their customers are having problems accessing our voice chat servers. They should include the fact that they have been directed here by Blizzard Forum Support, and that they need the whitelist information for our vivox voice chat service. We will get back to them with whitelisting information. Alternately, if they need to they can contact our peering team using the email available at peering db for any peering related concerns if they find routing issues or something of that nature.

Note: The peering email is never used for direct customer communication and will only reply to ISP related contacts. If you are a player reading this message, have your ISP contact us using the email above. If you have problems unrelated to voice chat issues on a single ISP, create your own thread or contact support through our ticketing system at the first link above.