PS4 version need to reinstall after the next major update?

I heard that the full client will be reinstalled for the Ashe update (version 1.30): The next major patch will require a full reinstall.

Does it affect the PS4 version as well? If yes, then it will take about 30 GB to download the Ashe update (version 1.30).

4 Likes

This is what I am wondering as well. Since the post doesn’t specify PC or console I am assuming that yes even we have to re-install. But we’ll see.

So, I think it will take about up to 5 - 6 hours to download about 30 GB. I’m using unifi.

I don’t know how ps4 works but on Xbox you can start updating a game and turn the Xbox off and it’ll keep updating the game. With this in mind and if the ps4 can do something similar or the same thing I recommend doing it when you sleep or have to go to work, school, etc.

Yeah, we can do that too. But for this update you have to uninstall the game and re-install it rather than just updating it.

1 Like

We’ll need to do it on Consoles as well.

Remember that with the console versions, there can be an issue where the installation will stall out. If this happens the best solution is to completely uninstall Overwatch manually, shut down the console (don’t just put to sleep), reboot, then try again.

2 Likes

And if it does require a reinstall on console, it might not hurt to write down aim settings/other non-default numbers just incase.

Those should remain unchanged, since it’s attached to your account. After all, I’ve already heard that we won’t lose any progression (skins, level, SR, etc.).

The game progress always saved to the Overwatch servers.

To clarify, the console versions will have the same large-scale installation as the PC version. Any settings should remain intact. There is no need to uninstall as the console installer will take care of everything.

How do you know?

WyomingMyst ended up posting it in the OW-Console Subreddit, and stated that exact thing.

Ah, hopefully our crosshair sens and other settings are saved when we reinstall

1 Like

From what I heard, yes, it will ;_;