PS4 Mic output issue - only in OW!

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums - I’ve tried to establish where best this topic should go.

I know there is a pinned thread regarding known issues and yes, i have read the following:

(1.27 Known Issues):

I am fairly sure this is not the same problem I am faced with - isn’t the ‘overwatch in-game voice volume’, the volume of the characters/heroes in game actually talking? e.g using voice lines/when a hero ults etc…

Ever since about a week ago, when using my mic like I would normally whilst playing competitive. I noticed that a player on my team was screaming for me to turn off my mic or unplug it, he didn’t speak the best english but I got the gist of what he wanted me to do. However I was unsure as to why he wanted me to do this as he couldn’t say.

Now having played more for a week, and with some friends on OW I was told my mic output sounds like i’m Darth Vader talking through a really bad walkie-talkie/through a megaphone. Therefor my mates asked me to please turn it off as it was disgusting to listen to.

I spent ages trying to figure out what the problem was, even buying a new mic to plug into the controller (as I just use the default PS4 one for console) only for the same problem to occur. I’ve tried on another PS4 (brothers), with a different controller, and have even had the same problems on two different internet connections in completely different parts of the UK.

After all that, I was then invited to a voice chat party (over PSN - so nothing to do with OW at all) and my mic output worked perfectly fine, people could hear me perfectly clearly - it is ONLY in OW that my mic seems to sound horrific to other people.

I haven’t changed my settings or touched anything at all, just one day it decided it didn’t like it when I tried to talk to my team in game - whether it be in group chat or team chat - both is exactly the same.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I’m not sure if there was a direct link between the summer games update and this happening, or whether it happened a few days after I updated the game.

I have a feeling it worked fine after the update for a few days and then decided to just give up working properly on me, but I can’t be 100% sure on timings.

It’s doing my head in - even if a lot of people don’t talk in EU Region I will still callout to my team and help where possible but now this is been completely taken away from me. I’ve tried all sorts, even uninstalling and reinstalling the game only for the same problem to happen. People just leave team chat now immediately when I attempt to speak/ask if my mic even works. This clearly shows how bad it sounds on the receiving end.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!