PS4 error code (BN-564)

Is anybody else having trouble logging in with the error code (BN-564) on PS4?

7 Likes

I’m getting that error code as well.

1 Like

Sane issue here, unfortunately.

Hello there everybody,

There is a scheduled maintenance today for Blizzard’s European authentication servers. This affects all PlayStation 4 players, regardless of region, at this time as well.

Maintenance is expected to last until 10 pm PDT.

3 Likes

Why no warning about this on the login page? And you time it where it doesn’t inconvenience eu but occurs during peak hours in us?

2 Likes

Because this is authentication server maintenance, which is more the Battle.net database field of things rather than Overwatch.

Because all of EU cannot play WoW, D3, SCII, Overwatch, or any other Blizzard game. PS4 players authenticate in that region (regardless of where they live). Just as Xbox Players authenticate in the North American region even if they live in Europe or Asia. So this is one of those rare times where a portion of our community must be inconvenienced.

1 Like

So the game is down for 4 hours?

Hey Wyoming! May I jack the topic for a moment and ask: When should I start watching the league tomorrow to start earning the sprays? The match starts at 4 PST, but there is only the one match…

Okay, I’m still very annoyed but that is perfectly reasonable. Thanks for response.

1 Like

Thought that was a typo! Guess I’ll go read a book or something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well during playoff matches, they ran Watchpoint: Playoff Edition about 30 minutes in advance. With the music concert and the likes, be ready to log on at least an hour early.

1 Like

Fair enough… that or play Hearthstone on your mobile… that is what Jeff Kaplan does when he is sitting around waiting for hours on end…

1 Like

The fact that prime time maintenance was not clearly announced IN game is negligent.

Edit: Toned down my annoyance.

Perhaps, however do you have the Twitter app on your mobile? Do this, follow @BlizzardCS (and @BlizzardCSEU_ENif you are a PlayStation 4 player), and be sure to turn on mobile notifications. This way, whenever either post a tweet you receive a notification on your phone. This way you will never be out of the loop!

Did anyone solve this issue? That error keeps popping up for me and I did the suggested action but it didn’t help

Thank you. I will do that moving forward.

Read my replies above…

The tweet suggests that it is currently affecting global PlayStation logins. Does that mean that part is temporary?

Not sure what you mean. Basically if you play on PlayStation 4, or if you play any Blizzard PC game in the European region, you will not be able to log on at this time.

What they are working on is maintenance to what is the called the authentication servers. Which is the machines, that stores, manages, and protects all of our user accounts when we log onto Blizzard’s services including games and websites. These servers run 24/7 for the most part but do require pericardial shutdown for routine maintenance and updates. For our North American PC region and Xbox players, this maintenance often takes place around 6 AM PDT. For Europe, the time this maintenance is being ran is in the dead of the night…