Proposed Zarya nerfs

Zarya- her synergy with rein makes them always somehow come back into the meta no matter what happens they always come back and since the duo is so easy to pull off no one complains.

HOWEVER, zarya alone does too much damage for a tank and how easy it is to get to full charge, I think she needs nerfs. Those being:

• Personal bubble remains at 10 seconds, ally bubble reduced to 6 seconds
  • Weapon charge gained by a single bubble maxed out at 30 charge (currently 40)
  • weapon charge depletion rate reverted to before it was buffed

Either that or revert the buffs she got when dive was happening (dive is dead she don’t need them anymore)

3 Likes

I don’t know where you’ve been, but Double Shield has been meta for the past year

3 Likes

And I see more rein/zarya than sig/orisa

The problem with your thesis right now is that Zarya is not meta at the moment. She is the 4th best tank. Why would you nerf the 4th best tank? There better be a lot of compensatory buffs coming to go along with these nerfs.

2 Likes

when sig gets nerfed (which he will since no one shuts up about him) who will rise? OH YES THE NEVER DYING REIN ZARYA I like to plan ahead, nerf now.

Maybe they should try to make it so that more than one AnchorTank is good at SingleBarrier in Plat/Gold?

[✅] Abbreviated Tank Changes

Even IF she needed a nerf

Why go three nerfs at once this is no different than 4 genji buffs at once. Too much at once

Again I don’t think she needs a nerf…
She has 400 hp and 1 personal bubble
Sig has 400 hp 900 shield self buffing matrix

3 Likes

Or Orisa. Basically you want to nerf someone who is not meta because of the possibility that they could become meta. You do realize all that will do is cause Sigma to STAY meta.

1 Like

What are you talking about? theres only one good anchor tank in any rank which in rein?

It’s 2 nerfs and a buff what are you talking about

no I want to nerf a hero who has already started to make a comeback.

Arguable. But even then.
Maybe there should be more than one good AnchorTank at SingleBarrier for “any rank”. :slight_smile:

[✅] Abbreviated Tank Changes

If sig was a good anchor tank, he wouldn’t need orisa.
If orisa was a good anchor tank, she wouldn’t need sig.
I won’t even get into how trash winston is without D.Va. The ONLY good anchor tank in this game is Rein.

Also I don’t know the point of your thread, unless you want solo-shield only games which I’m fine with.

Zarya is one of the most balanced heroes in the game. She doesn’t need any nerfs.

2 Likes

Favoring SingleBarrier over DoubleBarrier is one of the points.

1 Like

Well so was Brig 1.0 (since we’re lying)

The only one lying in this thread is you. To yourself.

Zarya doesn’t need nerfing.

1 Like

The tanks are in an extremely sorry state. The problem with the tanks are that there 3 tanks who can play with all other tanks while Roadhog, zarya and Dva cannot really play with each other.

I’d only support changes to zarya ONLY if the rest of the tank line up was brought up to be the state at which winston and sigma are. Winston is clearly the best balanced tank in this game while Sigma is the most versatile tank in this game as he can function as both a main tank or an off tank.

When the tanking lineup gets to that level (somewhere between Sigma and Winston), sure we can revisit this conversation, until then… Leave zarya alone.

Sig is the only good tank (who will be nerfed soon) and winston is trash he’s only good with a dva following him around like a dog doing all the damage for him while mitigating all the damage coming at him.

Sure lol when rein/zarya rises again, after sig and orisa get dumpstered, for another damn year and the forums start whining about “nerf rein zarya we’re tired of seeing it every game” look back on this thread.

Winston is not garbage. He’s overshadowed by other imperfections in the game but you can’t deny he is the most balanced tank in this game.

Have you ever watched a dive match? D.Va sits behind him, eats damage coming at him while doing double the damage he does. HE is a bad tank, D.Va does all the work for him. His damage is trash and so is his kit. The only reason he’s ever been a meta her is because of D.Va (which if she never got buffed Winston would still be the throw pick he was season 3).

Zarya is literally weak Sigma. No nerfs required.