PROOF - You CAN rank down & lose SR with Positive Win Ratio

How do you not understand this by now you keep repeating this point as if you’ve rebuttaled my explanations in the last. Frankly i don’t want go believe your incapable if understanding why that reason doesnt mean anything. But i’lll put it simpler. Blizzard themselves acknowledged that some there is the possibility for abuse and for people to end up in the wrong rank. Now how do you suppose people end up in the wrong rank? Explain it to me then because my explanations aren’t getting through you.

Despite the fact that you keep on talking as if this system was some true measure if performance when and some solid foundation. So perhaps it would be best its broken and players why no player wanted it so you can acknowledge it and stop arguing some delusion because your desperate to make a point.

You know what’s ironic is that high level players will go up to low level players wondering why they can’t climb and they’ll simply tell them it’s your fault work on your own game not knowing for a certain it is there fault, yet they’re expected to humble themselves in order to improve. Yet you after I presented you with an official source that backed up the points i was making, you act just like a bronze who doesn’t want to admit that he’s the reason they’re not climbing. Trying to find every excuse in the book for manner to be right because you cant do the same thing that you expect lower ranked players to do, is humble yourself and the accept reality so maybe you can improve, or at the very least not preach some skewed truth because there are people who will simply believe what you say because you are hiring.

And don’t even try to say this my thread is an excuse, this thread began as a complaint against the statistical congruencies with wind ratio being higher and not being able to climb a problem that in the official post that I linked is recognized by blizzard

When the other person asked how do stat farm your response made it look like it was only possible in the high ranks it’s equally possible in all ranks but the problem is you want to hold on to something so badly that you’re willing to skew the reality. Not necessarily giving false information but influencing a certain kind of belief trying to make it look like I gave the or inferior information by differentiating in small ways that isn’t even necessarily true, of course you sound true, do what you say isn’t even the right answer, or simply a rehash of what I already said with some few added extras and with emphasis of working better in high ranked games (which is untrue not substantiated by any proof that will lower rank player cannot do the same). And what was your answer when they asked you how do you “game” the system? You response is

That’s not even how you “game” the system that’s just the assumed reasons that you’ve been trying to get me to believe and but of course it sounds high rank, sounds like something a good player would say not the actual answer or what he’s looking for.

What’s worse is that it works, no you did not answer his question he still thanks you for it and acts like you did answer his question. Same information you repeated I had said before you is questioned when I say it but when you say it it’s accepted like suddenly makes logical sense even though it it contains what I said and the emphasis played up playlist on higher level has no real evidence supporting it.

It’s actually quite amusing to see how low a high rank player will stoop to because of his pride and amazingly how many people will believe him. It’s a brainwashed community.

I find it amazing that I answered your question first and you question its validity.

Another user gives you the same information plus a little bit of added details and suddenly the same information makes sense to you makes to you he doesn’t even answer your question on how to “game” the system but simply gives you advice on how to “play the game” . Only later does he give you the information which isn’t much different from the information I already gave you and comes with an emphasis on higher ranked games as if it were only possible or more possible in higher ranked games, something which I didn’t say because there’s no reason that’s necessarily true aside from his own assumption. Despite the fact that his answer was more limiting, and that you actually question his answer for this very reason, somehow my logic sense question when only did was repeat everything I said plus some very minor details that I didn’t include for a reason. Quite the phenomenon.

I’m not questioning your credibility. I’m approaching both of your responses with equal weight and thought. It’s as if the response is from the same person to me…

I think you’re reading into it too much… :frowning:

Well, yes I did thank them… but I still questioned their answer. :slight_smile:

But I am actively questioning it?

2 Likes

You haven’t rebutted the claim. You’ve appealed to player actions that everyone is doing in every single game and pleading to be uniquely rewarded for them. You’re effectively asking to be rewarded for using multiplication on a math test.

You’re asserting that your exam scores are wrong because you aren’t getting rewarded for using multiplication. That’s ridiculous. You don’t deserve extra points.

You’ve not provided rational and logically tractable rebuttals for the following arguments:

1. Value that isn’t directly measured is measured by proxy through other statistics
  2. Value that isn’t directly measured is measured by proxy through beating more skilled opponents
  3. You cannot physically be contributing unmeasured value that other players are not privy to
  4. You’re insinuating that you deserve a higher rank because your value isn’t being measured correctly but you cannot demonstrate this to be the case
  5. The test is the same for everyone. That means the playing field is fair. If you think the the test is unfair, drop the class

Save me the word diarrhea responses, please.

Nah, you don’t get that scapegoat. You made the thread looking for external excuses for why you’re not climbing. The system isn’t against you, you just aren’t improving. It is truly that simple.

It’s more likely to occur at high ranks and be abused for the reasons I listed. The formula is simple. Now that you have the secret sauce, you can climb as your heart desires, right?

I expect you’ll be able to game the system and climb to high Plat by next week!

If you suck, you suck. #Brainwashed

2 Likes

Yes. That’s the point of PBSR–get the player to the appropriate rank faster. Climbing requires you to play better than your current skill rating. Hopefully that’s obvious, but many players seem deeply confused about this.

Stomps occur at all elos and it’s possible to farm stats whether you’re winning or losing. Farming is more effective with team coordination and players that have more mechanical skills.

As an example, there was a Top 500 Ball player that farmed a team of Masters in their spawn without shooting. He could easily do that in even lower Elos for PBSR.

1 Like

That’s what I mean. What you explained before is exactly what any person would need to do to climb, so with or without PBSR they’re still stomping their competition and thus winning.

I do understand that PBSR helps people climb, but even then that goes away once a player plateaus at their “prescribed” elo, prescriptively where PBSR is active, the modified gains and losses being +/- 5-10 or so SR.

So, even if it was used at higher levels, provided the system works indifferently there as it does at lower elos, stat farming wouldn’t increase gains or losses by much at all if the player is at their correct skill level.

Also a Top 500 in a Master game? 3500-3999 if I’m not mistaken, yes? So, a player that belonged somewhere around 4500 give or take was essentially smurfing in a 3500 elo? I mean, I can understand the farming aspect, a bit, but that’s basically a player that’s overperforming and NEEDS to climb to their correct rank ASAP, to which PBSR isn’t helping of course. :sweat_smile:

I would say that this would be an argument for PBSR at higher elos, rather than against it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s akin to having a Platinum player in a Bronze match. That’s gonna be a hard roll! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That post is out of date. The current one is here:

I, Kaawumba, am just a regular player and forum poster, though I’m less active that I used to be. WyomingMyst, who posts in green, is an MVP. He is not an employee of Blizzard, but has been recognized by Blizzard because of his volunteer contributions to the community. He doesn’t have moderator powers.

As far as the point of your original post: Yes, this is a big problem with using performance metrics to rate players. If the performance metrics do not accurately capture good/bad play, then players can end up at the wrong rank.

The only “solution” (that doesn’t include Blizzard changing the game) is to play for stats as well as winning, until you are diamond+. I suggest you work on reducing your death count, and switch heroes less.

2 Likes

I am not questioning your answer so dont take it that way. I find it funny that the team based game based on switches wants you to play for solo stats and not switching to get a better rank.

Its not incorrect to say that. Its wrong that it is true.

I guess it would be somewhat disingenuous of me to assume it’s true for the reasons going around, versus standing in the affirmative of any one particular personal preference.

In other words, to affirm “right” vs “wrong”.

Its just not the first time ive heard these ideas, and based on the marketing of the game…it seems like the complete opposite of what the game is “supposed” to be. “Wrong” was a little exaggerated.

I’m not sure I follow. PBSR gains/losses can be much larger than 5-10 SR, but if it’s only 5 SR, that turns your 25 SR loss into a 20 SR loss and your 25 SR win into a 30 SR win. You can essentially game an extra 10 SR from the system per paired win/loss. You’re right that they will eventually reach an upper limit for the PBSR modifier that exceeds their potential skill. However, manipulating that system in a coordinated fashion will result in inflated SR.

I think the issue for higher elos is something akin to avoiding a meta playstyle whereby, “We are losing, stop trying to win. Let’s focus on mitigating our losses.”

Yep, they were doing an unranked to GM series. I want to say that player has OWL experience too.

But just imagine that your team is weaker than the opponents and they decide not to cap the point when it unlocks. Instead, they just farm your team for 15 minutes in spawn and then cap. Next round they farm you for 15 minutes, allow your team to cap + win the round, then farm you again for 15 minutes and eventually cap to win.

2 Likes

Well, that’s the crux of my questioning.

At that point, even if they’re “gaming” the system in a coordinated fashion, it’s on the order of hundreds of games in the affirmative, assuming a win rate in excess of 50%, that this methodology becomes viable. And even then, a coordinated win based off of PBSR only nets the prescribed 5-10 extra SR. That’s essentially (at most) half a win more than they deserve, sure, but if they’re overperforming as you described, then they probably should get moved up by that amount anyway.

At that point, manipulating the system becomes unviable as the skill required to farm stats is outweighed by the skill required to remain at that skill level.

Also, to clarify what I meant - PBSR is would be used throughout all elos with the same bonuses granted regardless of skill bracket. Chiefly, the said bonuses diminish as a player reaches their skill ceiling, and as such, even the concept of “farming” becomes less viable as they have to also maintain their rank, and stat farming in any such way that diminishes team performance ultimately hurts their team, and by extension them, and would essentially result in a loss.

The only scenario stat farming seems viable is when a player is already performing several tiers above their current elo. In which PBSR is designed to help fix. :slight_smile:

I mean, that’s pretty scummy - but that also means your team’s skill is completely outclassed, and therefore the team camping yours deserves the win - and by extension, to move up on the ladder. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If it’s the case that teams are deliberately deranking to play “farming” games such as this, then it’s just smurfing. And there’s not much you can really do about this except get those people out of your elo - primarily where PBSR would kick in, but doesn’t.

So, my suspicion is that the lack of PBSR actually hurts higher elos more than it helps. I’d love to be wrong about this though! :sweat_smile:

I can kinda agree that if you lose you deserve to lose full stop, but, at that point - especially if these players are at their correct skill level - any mitigations and hence efforts thereof will be minimal in comparison to their potential losses. It would also more aggressively punish those who simply don’t belong at those ranks due to significant underperformance, and more aggressively place those players where they should be on the ladder.

The fact that it doesn’t do this, and instead forces a flat win/loss merit/demerit at high ranks, seems to be the case that the reasoning behind it has less to do with stat farming and more to do with keeping players who don’t deserve their rank at their rank. Which is also primarily why the reason “stat farming” seems out of place to me.

A backdoor business model comes to mind where people buy and level accounts, then sell them to kids well intentioned patrons who want to play with the pros, or use cheats to simulate highly refined skill, and the system gently keeps them there without any extremely harsh penalties - and they can gently float on down to lower ranks without having to deal with players at their skill, and when they’re done they can buy a new pre-ranked account. However this is based on some few stories I’ve seen on pro streaming channels and such.
But I digress! :sweat_smile:

1 Like
  1. Brig boop example (if you want a clearer explanation, go actually read my other posts). Off the bridge on hanamura during a push, tank doesn’t die but is displaced enemy push is now temporarily a 5v6, high value play, statistics will only show i booped a tank for 70 damage. My entire team can capitalize on this, i likely will get less healing stat as a result. So tell me how will the game know the value of what I’ve done and how that all of that will reflect through whatever proxy if statistically all i did was a boop for 70 damage? And do not say it will reflect in the win, because were not talking about win ratio and that would actually counter what you consistently keep saying about win ratio not indicating skill

Another brig could not boop the tank on and have the team engage in the 6v6 and could instead get value by standard healing and damage and a 6v6 will arguably required her to be more engaged than a 5v6. The value gotten here is statistical, and can be directly measured.

Both these Brig players will get the win at the end of the game.

Now you explain to me how through the use of statistics both play styles (assuming they both contribute the same value to their team) will get equally awarded the correct pbsr if one brig player primarily supports directly through statistically measured damage and healing while the other brig player supports indirectly through unmeasured CC.

I already know you can’t because blizzard acknowledged STAT FARMING. And while this isn’t that farming intentionally, by playing more CC you are unintentionally farming less stats by playing this way. Why this matters blizzard said it themselves they are worried that players will play more for stats instead of the team objective. If I abandon my place though which I do think has high value, to play a more statistical brig, I am essentially stat farming.

1. Sure ok i never had problem with wins being indicative of skill.

2. Talk about a point that doesn’t matter. So what if other players are pretty to it and what impact does this have? But I’m pretty sure whatever it has is already explained away by point 1.

3. Yes I can. Example. A player who stagnates at 1.7k is not climbing or deranking. For that player to climb, he needs to be better than the Average player at that SR range obviously. For the player to derank the player needs to be below average than other players at that rank. Players who stagnate are stagnated because they are average. Now does an above average player who is climbing overall does he perfom below average or average? No, he performs above average, and the person who deranks performs below average, so guess how a stagnated player such as ”myself" is guaranteed by logic to be performing average.

But according to pbsr I am “below average” yet have somehow managed remain stagnated after 884 games, even though players who are consistently below average should drop and only average players should stagnate. But you know why I don’t because I win more games than. It doesn’t really matter if I win some high games and some low games my PBSR still will stay below average as you’ve seen when I’ve shown you my Sr results. It’s only because I win more games but I stagnate, and a player who is below average consistently, would mean that he’s losing more games than he’s winning regardless of whether he’s facing high or lower rank player because this is calculated average.

So there is your long list of impossibilities. On why my pbsr isn’t measured correctly. Now as to why I deserve higher rank. If pbsr was measured correctly I’d be an average player, then again if pbsr was much of correctly I would not have stagnated at 1.7k. cuz obviously have one more games than I lost which is indicative of climbing so at the very worst I would stagnate at a higher SR. And then if I still have more wins and losses then I would be deserving of a climb as well on top of that. But at the very least I know I’m not supposed to study and at the same rank all seven season. It’s this fairy tale pbsr is the reason why I have. But you could have figured this out long time ago, simple logic does one actually improve 0% through seven seasons or progressively get worse even into the negative percent. No, but your pride won’t let you see/admit such glaring realities.

1. Refer to point 1, I already told you why backed up I would blizzard said. The fact that you say if you don’t like it just switch is weak. But even still it’s besides the points it doesn’t prove anything it just means you’re happy to settle for less and that you never really cared much for the points all you really cared about is your ego and spreading your git gud philosophy.

I wasn’t looking for an external excuse I was there to point out a faulty Matchmaker which it is faulty even blizzard it’s the this process isn’t perfect and can lead to stat farming. And you know why I never knew this is because of players like you who just say get good and assume that it’s necessarily my lack of skill that needs improvement when it’s clearly not what’s holding me back. Your get good advice was wrong I don’t need to get good I need to get stats.

Your reasons are not only applicable to high ranks why would it be more likely what reason makes it more likely those reasons do not those are assumptions all of those things are lower ranked team can do.

Forum Moderator Note: Inappropriate comments removed.

I agree with what you’re getting at. A skill asymptote exists where PBSR farming no longer becomes viable as it will be offset by losing more often. However, if 5-10 SR is mitigated or gained per game, the SR inflation due to manipulation could be anywhere from 20-40%–assuming an average of 25 SR per game. PBSR can almost certainly still be manipulated at a player’s real skill level.

We might have players with 20-40% more SR than their true rank. An increase of 20-40% seems like a pretty large incentive to shift playstyles at the highest levels of competition toward a stat-farming meta.

In my opinion, neither outcome is healthy for the game.

Agreed. This is an extreme example, but more average forms of this scenario with closely matched teams could occur. Perhaps both teams refuse to cap and just teamfight for X minutes per round etc. The issue being players might focus on this kind of gameplay rather than just winning.

I think that’s one reason, but the devs have also indicated they are worried that more competitive players would find ways to manipulate system.

Your recorded stats would show 70 damage, Inspire uptime, lower deaths, increased objective time, more elims, more defensive assists, and increased healing i.e.–indirect measurement. The 5 v 6 then increases your chance of winning (more indirect measurement) and allows you to more freely engage the enemy adding to your statistical performance (even more indirect measurement). Additionally, every Brig player is making similar plays and those plays increase in frequency as the player becomes more skilled–ultimately feeding back into the indirect measurements.

That’s how the game “knows” you got value. Your value is technically being measured even if you don’t have a direct statistic for it.

On average, both Brigs will win games for both reasons, because everyone has access to the same kit. The frequency of those plays and correct decision making between both plays increases with player skill.

If one playstyle objectively gets more value, that will be the favored play. In your case, if healing is objectively more valuable than the boop but you only boop, you would be contributing less value to your team.

But you aren’t. CC is an integral part of Brig’s kit. Everyone is using the CC just like everyone is using multiplication on the math test. The people using it more effectively win more games against better opponents while bolstering those indirect measurements. For example, if your deaths per 10 is lower than average, you’re alive longer to provide more CC.

If you CC every Shatter and Reaper ult, that directly translates into being alive more often and your team surviving more often in addition to more stats from landing more CC.

Yes–they are especially concerned this will occur at high elos with coordinated teams where players are more competitive and will take any advantage they can get.

That average is only true if you perform above and below average at equilibrium while climbing. If you perform below average 8% more often after you hit 1830 SR, you’re below average. That below average performance is then exasperated as you climb higher because the peer player average performance moves up.

You don’t perform below average at your stagnated SR, you perform below average when you climb higher. So, if you perform average for a 1750 player, then climb to 1900, you’re below average for 1900 because you perform at 1750.

The average player is 2264 according to the most granular data we have. You don’t play 550 SR better than where you are currently–regardless of any PBSR modifiers.

It is logical though. You could take 7 math exams on the same subject with different questions and score in the same percentile over and over. If you don’t bother to learn the material, you won’t magically improve by repeatedly taking exams on the subject.

I’m looking at the math and data. I would suggest you are the person rejecting the reality of your gameplay and subsequent skill.

Other people can climb in the system and you can too–but you have to consciously work on improving.

You are literally blaming the system for your rank. No match maker is going to be perfect, but it is fair because everyone is taking the same test and being evaluated in the same way.

If you improved your gameplay, do you think you would climb?

2 Likes

The metric they use is actually a 55% win rate, not 51%. Because 51% is definitely not high enough to rule out you are getting lucky and carried in 2% of the matches. 55% means that your performance is probably slightly higher. Anyways, I have a 67% win rate this season and I’m not even at my season high lol.

2 Likes

I can agree with that.

The fact that there exists some “fuzziness” around a player’s true skill is a genuine challenge, in the truest sense possible. The ranking system attempts to granularize this fuzziness in a way that’s more fair than not, despite there being players both above and below their prescriptive SR.

Let’s not forget, though, that the effects of PBSR will require hundreds if not thousands of completed matches before any consistent additional value can be seen from the difference. For example, a player that overperforms in matches consistently earning 10 additional SR (and thus losing less SR), then hitting a skill ceiling, performs averagely, then underperforming, and begins losing 10 SR (and thus also winning less SR).

This creates a very noticeable yo-yo effect, where players will oscillate above and below their ranked skill - where the “fuzz” is all about. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

On this point, I think if the players decide to play this way - never once capping the point (which is very difficult to do, considering the variety of character abilities and lack of player omnipotence, such that at least 1 player will be able to cap the point before too much time has passed) - then I say more power to them! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If both teams are cool with prolonging a game as long as possible, I think it’s ultimately their choice to play the game in the way they enjoy. Even if the devs think it’s a terrible idea - in which, if they truly did, it would be a trivial matter to add a time limit for control point modes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I think if both teams are this well-coordinated and both decide to ignore the capture point, that’s honestly their call! :sweat_smile:

On this one, I think that’s the crux of my questioning here.

The devs say this is one thing, but in the application of their solution/plan it seems to be a different matter altogether.

I think many people assume what the devs say to be gospel, as though saying it simply enough makes it true. But looking at things analytically, and questioning their reasoning seems to uncover more and more questions about what we are to trust at their word, not to say we shouldn’t trust but that some things can be looked at critically! :sweat_smile:

I think if the data supports the claim, where more competitive players may exploit the game, we should see something! I’d be totally open to have that conversation as well! :slight_smile:

The issue im having is that you simple dont understand what im saying. i explain one thing but you respond with a rebuttal to someone related or argue some technicality that I would assume would be GLARINGLY obvious.

OBVIOUSLY the boop was to give you an example of TYPE of value to understand the playstyle but you build your argument as if Im seriously suggesting/comparing 1 boop the whole game versus general healing?

Both brigs will not win for the same reasons because they have different play styles, I dont get why this is so difficult for you to understand. People are different, they play differently. You can check my overbuff stats where it compares me to the average brig player, if our play styles were the same my stats would be average or close to it.

My Brig Stats
You can search “H0110H” on overbuff, I’m on Xbox

Seasonal Stats
Winrate: 60.38% | Avg. 51.82
Elim Ratio: 1.93 | Avg. 1.88
On Fire 5.6 | Avg. 6.4
Medals : 2.5 | Top 12% | Avg. 2.16
Gold: Top 24% | Silv: Top 33% | Br: Top 41%

Lifetime Stats
Elims : 13.8 | Top 82% | Avg. 17.07
Damage: 4263 | Top 83% | Avg. 5451
Obj Kills: 8.65 | Top 35% | Avg. 7.92
Healing: 8,193 | Top 82%| Avg. 9712
Obj Time: 2:14 | Top 20% | Avg. 1:51
Deaths: 7.16 | Top 22% | Avg. 8.26
Final Blows: 3.34 | Top 77% | Avg. 4.43
Def Assists: 24.84 | Top 87% | Avg. 31.06
Solo Kills: 0.43 | Top 39% | Avg. 0.39
†Armor Given. 1285 | Top 99% |Avg. 4172
I never got to play brig much back when she gave armor
Off Assists: 3.71| Top 81% | Avg. 4.95
Dmg Blckd: 3359 | Top 2% | Avg. 1,939

Of course this compares my stats to all the brig players throughout all ranks but if I truly were the average brig player my stats would look more average. Clearly they are not and I will highlight a few points.

• My healing and damage are low, but my low healing might be attributed to how ridiculously high my dmg blocked is which in turn means I don’t heal myself as much and my medals are high. Yet my medals are far above average especially my gold medals, I know personally I get gold healing pretty often unfortunately it doesn’t show the exact medals that I got.

• my objective kills are high and so is my objective time, so you know that while I’m not off getting as much damage and elims as other brig players, I’m on the objective and protecting it better than most brig players if anything that’s where I get most of my kills because I’d like to play around the objective as it’s the point of the game.

• my def and off assists are low I don’t know what that means exactly they are but if you average then together, its close to my elims so maybe its that. The fact that I have generally lower than average elims and assists is probably why I have below average time on fire, since I’ve noticed that you generally gain fire after combat (I can’t recall a time I’ve been on fire when healing but always after combat). Despite this my elim to death ratio is higher than most brigs which means at the very least it suggests im getting more value per life.

• my solo kills are higher than average this is possibly because I boop players off the map
more or possibly tied to my objective play.

• Armor provided is low but these are my lifetime stats and I was not playing her in comp around the time when Brig gave armor along with her heals. So this averages out really low.

• Probably the most indicative of how different I play is my damage blocked. I’m literally in the top two percentile out of all the players. At the same time I’m at the top 22% when it comes to deaths so while I tank a lot of damage I also die a lot less than most brigs which means that my shield management is exceptionally good and so is my survival. These are my lifetime stats but I’ve noticed this season I’ve gotten about one death per 2 maybe 3 minutes. If you want to know my reason why I think I got such a high damage blocked is because of my play style which relies heavily on CC either I will be shield bashing them to set up a kill or messing with situations whether it’s to mess up the enemy push or to help my teammates and bail them out.

As you can see none of my stats are average they are either really high or really low the closest I get to an average is top 39% in solo kills. It should be pretty clear that my statistics do not come close to an average brig player therefore game by game when I am compared to the average brig player with stats like that, something happens.

Something happens with pbsr to where my latest calculations show at 60% win ratio, the average Sr I gain is about 22sr and the average Sr I lose is 25sr. So I’m rated the average player when I’m losing and I’m rated the below average player winning according to PBSR. However If you look at the other brig players on overbuff you’ll notice that very few can sustain a 60% win ratio, and when they do it’s usually with lesser games played. They are very few players who have an equal or higher win ratio and also equal or higher games than I do. So regardless of what pbsr says I think I perform rather well and statistically I see it in my favor.

This is as much as I can give you aside from explanations I’ve given you. Combined with this I would hope that’s enough to see there’s something odd about it. I’ve given you so much information, and blizzard has given the community very little vague information in terms of pbsr calculations, and there has been a clear admittance to its imperfection. Of course no one can really say to what extent Matchmaker is corrupted or erroneous because they’re not open with their statistics or their calculations. If that’s what you want to place faith then, then I can’t stop you, but I’ve been as open with you as I possibly could to explain this.

2 Likes

yeah that’s how elo systems (aka mmr) work.

when you win agaisnt teams you are suupposed to win because of your ranking you get less ranking increase as if you lose against teams you are supposed to win

meaning the higher you climb the harder it gets to climb the higher you actual win% needs to be to keep climbing.

that’s literally how the whole system works

1 Like

You do understand that I’m in silver right? So you’re saying this ELO system makes it harder for me to climb but then suddenly disappears in diamond? Essentially you’re saying that this system exists to make it harder for the lower ranks only?

It’s only supposed to get “harder” to climb because you face harder opponents that is the challenge inherent in competition. Why is there an artificial system additionally messing with factors when it naturally happens already, it is the entire point of competition.

Your assumption only takes into account teams lower SR but you don’t look into account that there’s equal amount of games where I played against teams of higher SR and potentially lose less Sr or win more Sr on these games. They essentially should cancel each other out in the long run and since I have a positive win ratio the more games you assume that I lost to lower ranked teams the more games possible to be wins against higher ranked teams.

Sure that could be how ELO systems work, that doesn’t mean that the system is a good. There’s a reason they don’t have it in diamonds and above it shouldn’t apply to the lower ranks either.

Anyway that’s not exactly what I’m arguing right now. Its the pbsr system.

So, this account needs to lose 2-3 games per each win I get.

My other account need to win 2-3 games for every loss I get.

Am I magically worse at playing my other account? No.

yes, if silver is above your actual ability

2 Likes