Project Streetwatch: Smooth Entry to the Boost

Since I learned how to use variable chasing, I decided to make a new car mechanics, and fiddle a bit with the Nitrous Mechanic for my gamemode.

Problem is, the action Set Move Speed doesn’t reevaluate, and tried to look for other alternatives how to smoothly double the speed upon holding the Nitrous button (Ability 1).

I’ve tried using the Start Transforming Throttle action (I’ve been told it reevaluates), but it doesn’t seems to do anything.

Here’s the main throttle action from a Rule: Player Racer entered the Vehicle

actions
{
	Start Throttle In Direction(Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE, World Vector Of(Vector(Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE.VEHICLE_DRIFT_GRIP, 0,
		Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE.VEHICLE_ACCELERATION_DIRECTION), Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE, Rotation),
		Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE.VEHICLE_ACCELERATION, To World, Add to existing throttle, Direction and Magnitude);
}

And here’s nitrous subroutine actions:

{
	Chase Global Variable At Rate(NITROUS_POWER, Global.NITROUS_POWER_SET, 50, Destination and Rate);

(*Disabled and Previous. instantly doubles the speed) Set Move Speed(Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE, Global.CAR_SPEED * Global.NITROUS_POWER);

Start Transforming Throttle(Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE, 0, Global.NITROUS_POWER, Throttle Of(Global.DRIVEABLE_VEHICLE));
}

Global.NITROUS_POWER_SET - Is Set to x2
Global.NITROUS_POWER - Main In-Game Boost Multiplier, chases Set Nitrous Power Multiplier from 0
Global.CAR_SPEED = 10 km/h

With trhottle related actions you recieve or alter the directional movement inputs eg on A,S,D,W (side ways, back or forth) its not related directly to speed or velocity of an entity. Try or ever tried to use Start Forcing Player Position or Start Acceleration? They reevaluate too on some parameters.

1 Like

Tried out replacing in each of the Acceleration Mechanics (which they’re chased by multiple variables) the Start Throttle in Direction to Start Accelerating.

I wasn’t able to set everything right, thus it messed the Deceleration Mechanics as well (if Forward Throttle of the the Player_Racer is released, the car starts slowly decelerating.).

The brake mechanics still worked though, but the car kept accelerating forward, despite there wasn’t Forward Throttle from the Player_Racer.

Both Drivable_Vehicle and the Player_Racer are separated. If Player_Racer enters the vehicle, their position is forced to the Eye Position of the Driveable_Vehicle.

I’ve tried with assigning the Acceleration to the Nitrous Subroutine instead. But still no sign of extra speed:
Start Acceleration, Global.Driveable_Vehicle, World Vector Of, Forward, Rotation, To World, Global.Car_Speed * Nitrous_Power_Set