I played last two competitive seasons just fine with almost no problems but this season i was getting kicked from game and disconected from servers all the time and got season ban for it. I have no problem with Wi-Fi connection and no problems with performanses. I was watching forums but didnt find them helpful. I also play CS:GO and APEX and dont have this connection problems in those games. Do anyone have any idea what to do or i should just delete game to make space for games that actually work?
It does not matter which game mode you play as disconnections are likely to happen regardless. That being said, all disconnections do count as leaving and will be penalized appropriately. Please avoid playing Competitive Play when you see repeating disconnections. To figure out why you are disconnecting, check your equipment by following this troubleshooting guide:
Also, you can locate where disconnections are occurring by running a WinMTR test.
- Download WinMTR from https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/WinMTR-v092.zip/download (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 18.104.22.168:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 22.214.171.124
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 126.96.36.199
- US Central - 188.8.131.52
- Brazil - 184.108.40.206
- Europe - 220.127.116.11
- Europe - 18.104.22.168
- Korea - 22.214.171.124
- Taiwan - 126.96.36.199