Problem with FPS

Hello guys, i just bought a new 144hz monitor and it will be delivered in the next week. I was wondering about my FPS. Off fights i do get constant 160+, but on a chaotic fight it can go down to 110~120 (new symmetra contributes a lot to this), so i was wondering if this is normal for my spec? and what i need to upgrade for the constant 144+.

i5 7500 3.4 GHz 6MB LGA 1151‎
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128BIT
DDR4 8gb 2133mhz Kingston Hyperx
H110M ASROCK

I play everything set on low and OFF and resolution 720P (1366). Tried render scale 50% but it really doesn’t make any difference on fps drops between 100% and 50%.
Is this normal? What upgrade should i make? The drops to 120 FPS will mess my experiencie with the new monitor? (never tested a 144hz before, only 60hz)

Thanks for the answers!

My framerate dropped significantly since the update, no idea why. I have a significantly better system and was consistently getting 160+ until this latest patch. Coincidentally a new nVidia driver came out around the same time as the patch so I don’t know if it’s the game or the driver.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.