"probably the TOP thing the designers and I are focused on is barriers..."

remember back in the day, you would just rush em/dive him and he was F tier due to that. maybe they should focus on why dive doesnt work anymore.
(this would also work for double barrier cuz it sucked before too when you just rushed passed it.)

oh man, that would make rein worse than F tier. a zen will tear you apart man lol.

Yup, I’m right there too.
Although my guess is they are going to lean towards the “doesn’t need any code changes” balance changes.

Which points to either making Orisa or Sigma into full offtank or full main tanks, and scrap a lot of their hybrid nature.

The simplest fix I saw was this one.

Orisa

Projected Barrier

• Increased to 900HP, up from 600HP.
  • Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds.

Sigma

Experimental Barrier

• Decreased to 600HP, down from 900HP
  • No cooldown delay when deploying and canceling the barrier.
1 Like

But also put a discord on Rein’s target and he’s got a Genji blade on primary fire that can’t be booped.

I would give it shot.

Why Discord, when you can Mercy boost :stuck_out_tongue:

What would you think of these hypothetical changes I thought of in the bath?
A barrier HP nerf, but temporary shielding upon using Charge (100HP for using the ability plus half the pinned hero’s max HP if he connects with a target) and an MS boost towards targets hit with Fire Strike? Maybe 2 charges of Fire Strike? Something needs to be done to even out the fact that Rein’s got one ability that breaks the game and 2 that do basically nothing.

1 Like

When they nerfed barriers they took rein from 2000 to 1600.

However, at the same time they took orisa from 1200 900 [thanks, motz] to 600 and Sigma from 1500 to 900.

Hero Nerf %
Reinhardt 20%
Orisa 33%
Sigma 40%

Rein’s barrier was nerfed by FAR the least and is simply so good nobody else can compete with him. I think this was done this way because they thought he would have problems due to the limited range of his hammer. However the problem is that rein’s hammer range just isn’t as big of a disadvantage as it appears on paper.

The entire point of the game is for both teams to fight over the same small area so we naturally move into rein’s effective range at some point. It’s required if you want to win.

Orisa was 900 not 1200.

If they tone down rein, and make it so not playing rein/zarya is viable, I can go back to playing tank.

So this is good in my opinion.

that implies sigma and orisa as well. winston too.

reinhardt is not the only barrier nor the only viable barrier.

Why do I keep thinking it was 1200?

Still, the point stands.

but how can you even get there. ur shield is gonna be gone is 2 secs. seems like ur trying to make another trash tier orisa lol.

people will just play poke/double sniper again which would be annoying as heck.

yea they go together dont they. insta death on the spot. try pushing last point of kings row or havana. all i see is ruin.

(i also say discord cuz a zen can like 1 tap you and it feels awful when it happens lol)

so here’s what they do. Rather than nerf barriers, they buff cleave. Make it so more things readily beat multi barrier. Make something that once it hits a barrier, it gets stronger passing through the next one, then the next one.

I haven’t the foggiest.

Meh… One must remember the meta still gravitated towards Orisa/Sigma after the shield revamp patch, Rein only became the dominant tank after Rock, Halt, Fortify and Orisa’s damage nerfs.

We’ve seen other now being played at the pro level, we’re not far from balancing it out.

Speed, defense maps, short flanky maps like Dorado A point, Kings Row…

If double sniper is indeed why shields are so much necessity, then we found ourselves the source of the problem didn’t we?

eh, idk. orisa hog just seems better than anything a rein comp could do with that.
also kings row last point is gonna be cancer.

yea, they get way too much value for just being there. and they keep making maps so they can excel in. people mostly hate these maps due to that too.

Here’s how the play rates for last week shaped up. No, Lucio was not banned, the support banned was Mercy.

https://i.postimg.cc/sfpjzmTL/Screenshot-2.jpg

Rein isn’t overly-dominant anymore. We’re not far off from balancing the roster out.

And league usage doesn’t matter anymore because they use a banning system and the vast majority of players do not.

On live last week Rein was almost 40% of the tank picks, up 10% over his monthly pick-rate after being banned for a week (during which his pick-rate on live was 0%).

In the live game he’s very, very strong and people know it.

1 Like

You do realize that lowering TTK will make barriers MORE necessary for everyone except those high enough ranked to play a coordinated dive?

I hope Jeff understands that barriers in and of itself arent an issue. Having multiple of them on the field is just not fun. It extremely slows down the pace of the game and it makes certain heroes unviable.