Private profiles need to be removed

Interestingly enough, had a low level player join the guild who had insane Widow stats, but had been placed gold. Turns out he had just goofed around in QP for 25 levels trying out different characters, so his initial MMR was low. Once he got serious, he fell back on his CS:GO sniper skills and one tricked Widow. He rocketed out of gold pretty quickly.

Sticks in my mind because we had to change his initial gold/plat squad assignment, and move him to a GM squad.

1 Like

Yea there are people out there who join this game with quite some skill alredy from other games, and usualy they are called smurfs by others because of that, sadly.

2 Likes

You do realise that profiles are only private for external view and that internally they have all the data available to them?

1 Like

You do realise that profiles are only private for external view and that internally they have all the data available to them?

Yes. Looking at the stats will also let someone that is reporting know if it is a legit report also. Seeing a 35% hit rate with say Mcree in the overall stats but in actual game play having that stat be at 80% consistently will indicate something isnt right

Omg.

People cant have a awesome match were they play above there skill lvl any more.

I have had a match were i was hitting 90% of my shots as wm.

2 Likes

No, they really don’t need to be removed.
Some people prefer their privacy and ya just gotta respect that.

2 Likes

Private profiles were added because people would spend half the match in the p menu trying to find a reason why their team sucks. If anything private profiles is the best thing to happen to this game.

7 Likes

When profiles were public I was constantly sent messages that I was “boosted x main” or just plain insults over my SR or how I played. It didn’t make me feel good, I’m not one of those people with thick skin either.

Having a private profile it’s been much more pleasant to play competitve. I’m not attacked or insulted that I’m not playing a hero I have most play time or win rate, I’m not insulted based on what my main is, I’m not called boosted anymore and I’m not blamed for the loss.

1 Like

You have no business looking at people’s stats

2 Likes

Another thread dealing with private profiles. Just chilling

lolz they do “analysis” on smurfing?!? They can’t tell jack from who is smurfing or who is being boosted on a new account.

good news they don’t actually read your reports so putting the stats IN the report means nothing

also good news if they are looking into the boosting they can see the guys stats

you just want to try and bully theirs not much reason for private profiles to be gone, especially with the amount of pros for it existing.

5 Likes

sorry you are sadly mistakened if you dont think for one moment that private profiles have brought in an era of full on trolling.

1 Like

Honestly the data protection stuff is one of the EU laws which I really really love.

Yes it has some flaws, but it is an amazing piece of legislation.

3 Likes

So you say. But it’s the difference between sowing confusion for the first two minutes, vs. adjusting pre-emptively.

Someone wants to practice Ana. Fine. But better to know beforehand rather than after the enemy has a huge uot advantage.

It’s ok. The real solution here is a guild or clan, then anyone who has something to hide will get back the boot fast.

I doubt Blizzard will ever do it, but maybe they’ll surprise me.

In general, yes. For game stats it’s a problem.

Public profiles are what needs to be removed so people can stop doing that entirely.

4 Likes

Well, I take a hit on the game stats if that is what it takes.

Or, Blizzard can incentivize opening the profile.

But why would they? They don’t even have a score board within the match and to be frank those are the stats that matter.

2 Likes