Private Profiles is going to ruin the game more

please for the love of god dont make private profiles a thing. its so wrong in so many ways i dont even have to talk about it.

1 Like

I’ll be putting my profile on private when it arrives, sorry.

5 Likes

Private profiles are going to be great.

3 Likes

I’m fine with it tbh.

1 Like

In the future people will be groupping up and deciding who plays what everyone will be playing. However i agree that profiles set to private by default is bad.

Private profiles is fine, maybe just don’t be so judgemental? Plus lfg is going to help save things so I think the future of overwatch is actually quite bright.

3 Likes

You know what’s so wrong in so many ways?

When my teammates look at my profile and then harass me because I’m a Sombra main, then make ludicrous assumptions that I’m a “Sombra one trick” and “can’t play any hero”, that I should “delete my game for maining a useless hero” and then tell me to switch to a hero who I have barely any time on but miraculously have a higher winrate on.

The fact that they look at my profile and say “lol silver bolder in plat GIT GUD” when I myself do not say anything to insight any toxicity towards me.

I’m turning that private profile on ASAP. It rarely is used to construct any valuable discussion on how to build a team comp; just a tool for toxic people to use to be toxic on a more personal level lmao.

5 Likes

This is one of the best things Blizzard has ever done, I’ve been waiting for this feature forever, I’m so glad they’re finally implementing it, I’ll be taking FULL advantage of it as soon as it goes live :grin:

1 Like

Help what exactly? i don’t understand. You can queue up for a dps role and not have any time on them. i don’t know what point you guys are trying to make.

It would be a problem if the Looking for Group features were not coming, however if you are so desperately concerned with what other players play, then you need to use the Looking for Group features yourself.

2 Likes

Generally, and especially in competitive, the majority of the playerbase would queue up for something they would be best at.

It doesn’t eliminate it 100% but it reduces it vastly - much more than visibility to someone’s playtime on heroes. How does seeing someone’s profile help? lol.

1 Like

Roles enforced + talk about team strategy + play 1 game of QP before going to competative = profit.

The Looking For Group features are kind of hard to use though. For one, the setting are kind of confusing. Second, I think it should automatically queue you for what game mode you wanted. Because when I first used it on the ptr, I was extremely confused.I eventually figured it out, but new players might get confused. Let’s hope it becomes more clear on what you are supposed to do when this update goes live.

i don’t know about this.

Anyways i’ve gotten over it. Some people will choose a role they regularly don’t play and stay the same or rise. Most will choose a role drop 300 sr and not play that role again. it’ll just be bad the first couple months.

Easy report.

It’s incredibly fun to tilt teammates and then report them so they end up suspended :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is, but I’d rather just avoid it all together so I can have a good time :frowning:

PREACH!

20 characters

The OP has such a striking and compelling post, well rounded with so many arguments it’s hard to disagree … /s

I actually have a helpful guide for those who don’t understand it here:

Oh, cool! Forget I said anything.