Prefer Yeti queue is still broken

Utterly broken. 1-2 players leave every match because they’re trying to get Yeti, so the Yeti is winning far more often. You play 50 times and get Mei every time.

You need a “yeti only” queue that people can sit in and get a fair chance of becoming Yeti. Because “picking” Yeti as if you have a chance is you deceiving your player base when they’ll never get Yeti.

1 Like

ps4 17 characters required

1 Like

Bump. Even if Prefer Yeti did nothing, you’d still expect to get Yeti on average 1/6 times, but it seems more like 1/20 somehow.

Exclusively used the Yeti queue, over 50 games and didn’t play Yeti a single time. What’s more frustrating is how I’ve seen people in the same session getting Yeti more than once while I’m still there waiting. I completed every single game. Will Blizzard never acknowledge this bug?

are you grouped? is it preventing groups from occupying both teams and communicating?

No, I’m playing solo. You can’t queue for yeti in a group.

2 Likes

Hey, one of the people linked in the thread here! The event is long since over but I wanted to update you on exactly how long it took to get Yeti (and thank god I won that one game or else I would’ve flown North, dipped all my appendages in the freezing waters of Alaska, and slowly broke them off so that I’d never have to play the game again).

4hrs. It took me 4hrs and 40+ games to finally get Yeti. No amount of players inflating the mode could possibly excuse that RNG. If you have a 1/6 chance of getting Yeti every game (which you do) there’s absolutely no way you could get that unlucky.

My advice? Two options. Either cut the whole “priority requeue” system and allow players to wait the time or start stacking requeue bonuses so that if you have 10x requeue points you’ll get it over someone with 7x requeue points and the bonus is reset the moment you get Yeti. Easy fix.

2 Likes