(posted last year ignore) 🦹 Who is the Big Villain for Overwatch?

Not Talon… Likely Omnic… Not Max… Likely Has Ties to the Government. (maybe not Anubis)

Honestly I guess it’s gonna be a Movie thing… but wouldn’t be surprise if it’s a secret Omnic Organization.

Bonus points if it’s a faction among the Monks this entire time. (Guessing that for now)

But likely the knowledge is not within our reach yet.

edit: You know… though it could be anything… it wouldn’t surprise me if Devs have not decided yet.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if there is none.

4 Likes

Well, Talon is the main antagonist for the time being. Though like an anime like Seven Deadly Sins or Kill La Kill, something else is working behind the scenes.

I’d wager it’s The Eye if anything

1 Like

Overwatch is the villain

:open_mouth:

10 Likes

Tracer.

She just won’t shut up.

9 Likes

Honestly that would be too cheesy at this point. (Been overdone like vampires)

The writing team themselves are. The biggest battle is to actually have the villain written! That and Zen lore.

2 Likes

Activision probably.

7 Likes

Winston, he’s recruiting a team of vigilantes.

Yes, but in lore… But Yeah I get you.

I believe that the big bad guy is The Iris. I think that the Iris is a god AI, like Anubis, and it is manipulating talon and overwatch to get what it wants. and it is using the Shambali religion as a disguise, so it wont get locked up like the other god AI’s.

7 Likes

I love a good conspiracy. This also points fingers at Zenyatta. I could see him being the ultimate villain for some reason.

You know… though it could be anything… it wouldn’t surprise me if Devs have not decided yet.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if there is none.

1 Like

I dont think that Zen knows about it. he looks to genuinely believe in the Shambali.
My personal theory is that Mondatta knew about The Iris, and that he was gonna tell the whole world about it when he was in London, but The Iris made sure that Widowmaker killed him. this would explain the reason why Talon wanted him dead.

5 Likes

We know there is a mysterious organization that influences Talon, Vishkar Corporation and more. The one hint we get of this powerful organization is seen in the Sombra Origins Story video:

4 Likes

And it is probably The Iris. just look at the symbol. it must be that!

3 Likes

My bet is mercy and all her mains

6 Likes

Yes… but then again, this was only from her point of view.

It could have just been another hacker like her.

Actually starting to like the idea of a “Cold War”… Where there is no Big Villain.

Just not enough Info.

Rolo Tomasi is the real villain

Kinda how these forums feel like most of the time anyway.

That also makes a lot of sense. But if they can brainwash people like Widow, couldn’t they also brainwash Zenyatta? That’s a huge stretch in the lore though, I’ll admit.