Possible Mercy Buff

lmao I already wrote a giant reply to you about this before and you never responded to it, I’m not going to waste my time again.

Yep, just like she’s supposed to.

The HPS nerf was just supposed to narrow the gap, but instead it has made her be outhealed by Ana, Moira, Bap, and almost Brig at this point (Brig still outheals Mercy in most of my comp games).

3 Likes

Ever heard of bias?

If this is the reasoning behind wanting a buff for her then there’s no need to take anything you’re suggesting seriously…there is literally nothing anywhere that says she is supposed to be this…you just want her to be

Yes I saw your link…and there are several ways that can look…you don’t need the highest direct number in the game to do that…skill plays into that…consistency plays into that…raw healing power does not mean the highest burst heal ability

And blizz has the numbers they actually care about…I’m sure if they think she meets those requirements it’s because she probably does…

1 Like

I don’t understand why it is Ok to have ultimates that are capable of team wipes but a single rez every 30 seconds is such a hard thing to play around. Especially when she sits still when she does it and can be CCd and killed out of it and it still goes on cooldown.

I think it would be interesting if they replaced rez with another ability that when she used valkyrie that ability changed in to rez. That way it is locked to her ultimate which should be strong but she has something else she can bring to the table besides damage boost and heals outside of her ultimate.

1 Like

Because imagine the games where no one plays mercy, a pick is a pick. It’s not negated and there’s no “Oh I killed a support. Oh wait, mercy res’d so it doesn’t matter.” Resurrection creates a 6 v 7.

She doesn’t need anything added to her ultimate. Mercy isn’t a bad healer, she’s just no longer a carry pick. A team that knows how to maintain their resources and work as a unit benefits the most from her.

It doesn’t create a 6 v 7. It is no longer instant and guarenteed. It is a 6 v 6 that goes down to a 6 v 5 with the POTENTIAL of going back up to a 6 v 6 if she manages to get the rez off.

It is a 6v7. It also rewards people with a second chance after making a mistake

That’s not how math works. It is a 6 v 7 if there are 7 people vs the 6 at the same time which is not what Mercy’s rez does. It is still a 6 v 6 with a pick bringing the number down to 6 v 5 with rez possibly bringing it back up to a 6 v 6. The process of rezing takes Mercy out of comission and makes her vulnerable as she rezes the other teammate. If the pick is the enemy healer then that team has no healing as Mercy is rezing.

Also, that’s just want supports do. They help support their team which includes saving them from their mistakes. Rez isn’t the only ability that gives someone a second chance after making a mistake.

3 Likes

You clearly don’t understand what I’m saying. If you kill someone and mercy can res it’s like having another hero on the team because your mistake is erased. You don’t have to wait for respawn. Res is the only skill that gives a second chance by literally giving you another life.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying. I am disagreeing that it makes it a 6 v 7.

No it just your teammate coming back to the fight. Not having two heroes.

2 Likes

No. We aren’t. Please read the OP again, carefully if you must, and find out what I was actually suggesting. Thank you.

Ashe’s ult makes it a 6v7.
Rez brings it back to 6v6. Also if there are 6 of y’all there and no one’s interrupting the rezzing Mercy, that’s on you. All you have to do is boop her

4 Likes

Basically you wanted her to heal whilst she res but the problem there is that from a design asthetic, it doesn’t make sense, they made the animation and the downside of res so that Mercy is punish for doing random Res, they made Res highly punishable which is why it is damning to do a bad res and cost you the life of your teams healer.

Res when it is safe, there is no need to add a ‘let Mercy continue healing whilst she res’ an decent sub support that is worth their salt will continue to heal the team as Mercy res and keep Mercy alive.

1 Like

I addressed the punishability part already. Letting her continue to heal while she resurrects will not make her any less killable. Also, who cares about the animation? It can just be shortened.

The whole reasoning behind this suggestion is that Resurrect is already incredibly niche simply in terms of it being safe for Mercy personally, so it shouldn’t also be made even less usable by making Mercy trade one life for another in some circumstances.

Healing downtime is something that puzzles me. It was complained about when a Mercy did ‘hide and res’, yet here we are today with two abilities that actually force it. Resurrect for a longer timeframe, Valkyrie for a brief timeframe.

Anyway, I’d welcome the change but in all honesty I think she needs a partial rework. There’s room to keep Valkyrie and Resurrect in my opinion, but they need to undergo quite a few changes. Mercy is a bit of a mess right now and is even struggling to maintain the identity of a strong single target healer (or main healer). Resurrect in its current state should be an earned ability, not an unearned one. However that’s not what the thread is talking about so I won’t go into that.

4 Likes

I can understand and respect that reasoning. However, I don’t think the devs would have any idea at this time how to do even a partial rework of Mercy, and I believe even less that they would be willing to go through with such a change.

However, as you said, Mercy is in a bad spot right now, so I think anything would be better than nothing. The change I suggested wouldn’t take a lot of effort or change too many aspects of the hero, so I guess it would have a reasonable chance of actually getting implemented. Realpolitik, ya know.

2 Likes

Others on this forum (to their consternation) know that I agree completely with the above.

After reading through post after post, from Mercy players at all levels though (600hps per min to over 1,100+ per min players), their point of view is that 50hps doesn’t save many of their targets, where another healer (Moira, Bap, Ana, etc.) have some ability (or base healing) in their kit that allows them to do what Mercy can’t. So the “almost” universal request is for a bump in her healing to 60.

Because of all of that I’ve come around a little and say test 55, and see how broken or blessed it is. Heck, test 53, and slowly turn the dial up. Somewhere between 50 and 60 is a sweet spot, where no one is really happy, but they can’t deny that it’s not broken.

Crazy idea Ryan.

What if Mercy could boost herself, just by pressing heal and boost at the same time, but it had a power bar that would drain, so she’d need to boost other’s to fill it back up, and/or it would fill passively over time?

They could use Ana’s power up animation and sound, so nothing new would be needed on that front.

That might be fun, and something else to manage.

• Remove Rez as her E. Cast time is same as Res, cool down 20s.
  • New E: Valkyrie’s Empowerment
    Mercy targets a team mate with her staff beam and creates a large (15’ radius) team buff that gives the each teammate, and Mercy.

Heal Beam: each target now has 10s of 15 healing per second buff. Should anyone with this buff be eliminated they will resurrect but no longer have the buff.

Damage Beam: each target now has 10s of + 15% damage buff. Should anyone with this buff be eliminated they will grant any nearby team mate also carrying this buff out to have it increased by 3%.

• Ult: When switching beams, the other beam remains in effect at half its value.

There, now Mercy can AoE heal. She can also heal a single team mate with the new E for 10 for 75hps.

She also has a version of mass res but it has direct counter play when waiting for the window to expire. It also can’t be used on already eliminated team mates.

Her ult now provides both effects at the same time, Mercy can choose which effect is stronger at any given time. This also can combine with her E.

I don’t know about that buff

But i think they should make her faster on swapping between her staff and pistol (i don’t know why they don’t make faster for a long time)
And to give her a new ability CAN BE USED WITHOUT TEAMMATES JUST USE IT A LONE LIKE A HUMAN BEING

Maybe make the super jump as an ability i don’t know just make it used by herself