Portal hunt -horde pve

Since the launch of WorkShop, I’ve been thinking of creating a PVE mode with teamwork-focused designs like Left4Dead and various game-changer like CoD’s Perk.
I hope you enjoy this custom mode.

PORTAL HUNT -HORDE PVE
Share Code [YY1N2]

[Game Overview]
Round unlimited endurance PVE mode. The player achieves Objective while enduring too many BOT attacks. Enemy attacks become more intense with each round, making it harder to survive. How many rounds can you survive? Game design focuses on excitement of kill streaks, desperation by hordes siege, promotion of teamwork and challenge to limits.

[Game Objective]
The Objective of the game is to find and close portals that appear somewhere on the map. The enemy will spawn from the portal. Find portals while killing these enemies. The countdown to close when one or more players enter the portal begins. Survive at least one person until it reaches zero. If you take too long to find a portal, it will grow and start spawning more enemies. You can see hell …

[Game System]
includes “auto self healing” and “teammate revival” with any hero. So, if you have the skill, you can continue fighting some extent without depending on the support hero. challenge with your fav hero. If player team menber is low, will get a powerful healing and damage reduction buff, so even if the number of people is small, you can fight fairly. Portal location is calculated randomly based on all grounds on the map. Therefore, you can play by seamless on any map that can select in skirmishes. Everything that was only a background in the basic game mode, such as a small dead-end street, the center of a boulevard, or a cliff in edge, can be the main battlefield in this mode. Includes powerful and interesting “Perk” that can only be implemented in PVE mode.

[Perk System]
Perk can be obtained by picking up the crate that the enemy sometimes drops. Perks include simple buffs, grappling hooks, guided missiles, custom heroes likes legendary ninja and more.
Some are powerful enough to reverse a difficult battle situation.
If killed, active perks will be lost. should be careful when you are using a powerful perk. Fight against enormous amounts of enemies with teamwork and perks!

[Game Setup]
Set up Team 1 as a player team. Please make it an empty slot except yourself. Set up Team 2 as an enemy BOT team. Recommended assembly is Road Hog, Soldier76, Reaper, Torbjorn * 3. Enemy BOT teams should have at least 2 poor minions. Like Torbjorn. Enemy BOT team should have one strong boss. Like Road Hog.

[Other]
This script was generated from source code by “Overwatch-Script-To-Workshop”. Please check detail with workshop script header.
I believe this mod contains a lot of useful sample code for WorkShop beginner. Hope it helps. I am looking for opinions on game bugs and balance, ideas for perk.

Thanks for developper and friends!

2020/06/11 updates

[Changes]

• Add several perks (Trap Beam, Juggernaut, Personal Shelter)
  • Fixed many bugs, balance paramater.
  • Improve server stability(The polling timing of parameter update is distributed to).

2020/06/21 updates ver.1.6

[Changes]
*Add new perk [BeamSniper]
*Add new perk [AimHack]

[Want to do]

• I want to add a drone that follows the player
  • We want to be able to apply perks to EnemyBot to make stronger bosses (self-resurrection, status-improving attacks, custom projectiles, etc.)
  • I want to add a mechanism to make the game more fluid (like AIDirector)

The shared code has not changed. -> Share Code [YY1N2]

2 Likes

Very fun, thanks for sharing. One issue is the game closing due to script overload.

If you have time, could you explain when it happened?
It is designed to load the server as lightly as possible to balance the peak load, but it may not be working as intended.

When I tested the game got shutdown 2 times after using the perk that is a missile that kills in area.

Thanks for your information :slight_smile:
I will investigate