Political topics should banned on the forums

Are you serious? It’s also easier to ban LGBT topics anywhere, because there is so much hate against it. Is it a good idea to do it because it’s easier?

That doesn’t pertain to me comparing it to LGBT topics. That’s me comparing it to political topics

You’re saying LGBT is a political topic, when you even mention it’s not, but people make it into political topics so they can shut it down.

I’m saying that it isn’t one, but it has a tendency to turn into one, and I don’t think that it’s fair to assume that people turn them into ones on purpose.

Purposefully or not, they do it. It isn’t the topic’s fault. It’s people’s fault.

But it’s the topic that provokes them into doing so, and once they do so, it turns into a political topic. It’s much harder to police a topic than it is to ban one

I haven’t seen them. Show proof. And even if they do happen, you yourself are calling them rare, so I don’t think you had those in mind when you made this topic.

I quoted the part where it’s clear you are blaming those OPs for stirring up controversy, which is my claim of your victim blaming.

And where does this “good censorship” end? Should “Revert Mercy” threads be banned too? Should posts that complain about QP be banned too?

It’s not an inherently political topic. People make it so-- No you know what?, they don’t. They actually don’t. They just CLAIM it’s political and should be shut down, but they don’t actually make it political. They just make it heated.

All of these can be summed up in the following conclusion:
You claim LGBT topics are too heated for the forums.
Everything is too heated for the forums, even threads thanking the devs.
LGBT topics may come up in waves, but in the big scheme of things, they only come up every so often.

So. If you want to make these forums less toxic…

“You’re barking at the wrong tree”

2 Likes

OP missed the perfect opportunity for this song: - YouTube

Edit: Just jumping in to say I’m not implying anything with this other than no matter what the topic, everyone is an idiot. Not picking sides here.

It’s not the topic’s fault, it’s people who get provoked. Stop trying to shut down lgbt topics because of people.

2 Likes

LGBT is the same as race, gender, nationality etc you name it. It is only political because you deemed it as something controversial, in reality, it is not. It’s just someone’s personal identity.

If you see a topic like that and it somehow makes you uncomfortable, just ignore it.

Is that so hard? How does that affect you in real life anyway?

5 Likes

I don’t have the energy to explain why I’m grouping it in. Just read the thread for yourself.

I’m calling them rare in comparison. Their ratio compared to the LGBT based ones is crazy.

Not once do I even mention OPs.

Those post are OK because they pertain to the game. Political topics don’t.

po·lit·i·cal

/pəˈlidək(ə)l/

adjective

1. relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

“a period of political and economic stability”

synonyms: governmental, government, constitutional, ministerial, parliamentary, diplomatic, legislative, administrative, bureaucratic

• relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.

“a decision taken for purely political reasons”

synonyms: politically active, party

• interested in or active in politics.

“I’m not very political”

Most threads that devolve into political topics look the most like the second definition, but the first one shows up every now and then.

Other topics pertain to the game and don’t devolve into political topics (most of the time). I think that they should be banned because they have a tendency to devolve into political topics, those of which should be banned as well.

Again, it’s easier to ban a topic than it is to police one

This is wrong. There would be so many people who would get upset and fight this if it was to happen, and you know it.

Yeah because those government is deeming lgbt+ as political just like you.

3 Likes

So what idiots cant have opinions now either?!?!?!?!

They can and do. That’s the problem.

1 Like

Your counterargument to me saying this posts aren’t actually political is this? But you still haven’t defined why these topics are political? Or how people turn them into politics? Apparently they are political because they are heated? If so, then I’m sorry but all these forums are made of are political threads.

This pertains to the game too. No one here is planning an irl pride event in some X location. It’s all in game or in lore (which is Overwatch too).

1 Like

Yes. It’s the definition of the word “political”. Most devolved threads tend to meet the second definition.

I’ve done that quite literally

Not what I’m here to solve.

No, they’re political because they fall under the definition of political. Political and heated are two different words.

They do, but they tend to devolve to a state where they don’t. The difference is that one keeps pertaining to the game.

You mean this?

relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.

Since when are LGBT people “a particular party or group in politics”? They are people. They just want to exist. Media representation is not politics.

Clearly not, considering your “solution” is calling for a blanket ban.

See above.

I think the OW forum mods need to take the old addage of not allowing politics or religious topics on the forums. Lets not ruin a good thing with these discussions IMHO.

Initially, yes, it isn’t political, but it devolves into politics.

It’s easier to ban a topic than it is to police one