Point System needs to be redesigned

There’s a difference. Don’t be passive. Don’t just be a healbot.

Be proactive and make plays for your team beyond keeping them alive as both tank and support and you’ll be surprised how quickly you can turn the tide of a match on support and tank.

Yeah it looks cool when you can have a big healing number but in reality it can also show that you can do a lot more to influence the match but not hyper focusing healing.

Just for example

See a low target? Kill it yourself before they can be healed

Playing Ana? Use your nade to deny enemy healing more than healing your team. It gets more value there.

Playing Rein? Your shield is not your biggest way of making space. Be aggressive and use the shield to protect yourself as you move to a better position to attack people.

Thanks HeyZeus, I get all that. My main is Moira and few of the matches I end up with gold kills and a good 8k-15k heals so I guess I found my balance trying to keep the tanks alive while killing the easy ones. Usually as Ana I concentrate on healing and keeping the most annoying player from the other team sleeping. It works but my heals as Ana are not as good as moira (maybe because of the AOE).
Baptista is a beast but I only play when I really few the team is in need of more shield.
so as tank my main is Dva, I usually get gold kills in here and low deaths (1, 2 per round). I usually protect the healers and dive to kill their healers, coming back for heals.
Rein and orisha I play a bit behind (maybe I will use or tip and see how it works) but my goal with them is to protect the team (orisha being a bit more aggressive).
Zaria I am mid trying to shield the other tank or whatever dps is upfront…

One big thing to remember is stats (and especially medals) are incredibly contextual in terms of individual matches.

Yeah you want your averages to still be decent but raw healing and damage stats and even elims are incredibly easy to farm without actually impacting the outcome of the match.

Personally I think it’s better to focus on momentum and making key plays. While it may not be as impressive to just get one kill in a fight compared to three or four it matters a lot more if you kill one key target than killing the rest of their team while they kill yours.

Just like I’d rather have a baseball player who can only get hits when a runner is on second or third than guy who gets more hits but only when there’s no one on base, I’d rather have the player on my Overwatch team that only gets kills whenever an enemy is using their ult than the one that can’t stop a snowball or disrupt an ult.