Point System needs to be redesigned

The system points need to be redesigned or at least something has to come before bronze.

Honestly, I have played with such good players at bronze but are also stuck in there for life because we all keep getting matched with very, very unskilled players or worst, leavers!

So instead of having bronze scoring from 0-1500 why not split in 3 lower categories and reduce the point system for these categories. I mean, if you are 0-500 you would take 3 times more games to get to 501-1000 which would need at least 2x more wins to get to 1001-1500.

On top of that, leavers should take high penalties on the point system even if their team win the match. The ban should be permanent for the season at some point so that way leavers would be forced to go back to QP instead of screwing with everyone who really wants to play comp.

I am really tired of playing matches with players who just joined OW and decided to play comp because they just dont know the difference between comp and qp!!! Give them some purpose in life, idk, ask for at least x hours of game play of x win matches on qp before joining the comp matches.

2 Likes

i do believe thats why theres a requirement of 25 levels before competitive becomes available

1 Like

maybe they should increase to 100 then :confused:

1 Like

wait what? you want to make it harder for Bronze accounts to climb?

That’s literally how the rest of the ladder works - you gain less SR the higher you go, so that eventually you have to keep well over a 50% win rate to climb.

Why would you want to make it that way for Bronze?

1 Like

Its not working for bronze, that’s why. Once you get higher you dont need to deal with leavers, non skilled players and people who come to the match for the loot box…

Yes you do. The major problems of comp are just as bad at pretty much every level of the ladder.

People who think “all the games problems will be less and my games will be better once I rank up” are just living examples of “the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”.

3 Likes

Because that would make it even worse to climb out of bronze. If the “good” players that you have played with deserved silver then they would be silver.

I can agree with this.

That’s the purpose of the initial levels. Also some people are just naturals and place high and continue on from there. I know people that placed plat and just kept going.

1 Like

Nobody who dont belong in bronze is stuck there. I dont want to offend anyone but there might be many reason why is anyone stuck there. And i understand that some players for example cant play that often to climb but generaly speaking if you play better than average bronze player, you will eventualy climb by simply getting more SR for wins than for losing.

1 Like

you can climb out of bronze with a negative winrate lol.
i have a positive wr but i’m gradually dropping lower in sr

1 Like

Yeah that was my point. Just good performance consistently is enough to escape bronze eventualy.

Not only bronze btw, even silver and gold. Plat is little bit harder to climb with PBSR.

1 Like

atleast 99% of the time it is lol. i don’t believe in elo hell but i have like 2 friends that have played since like season 1-2 and are still bronze even though they are pretty good at the game

2 Likes

Many things might be reason, they dont learn from mistakes, they flex too much, they dont play enough. They group up with bad players…

1 Like

There already is <500sr. But yeah, I always found it weird how bronze is 1000 SR range while all the other ranks are only 500 sr range. They could make low bronze the “wood” rank or something.

It would be too disrespectfull. I think its on purpose like this so players who are deep in bronze arent called differently.

Nobody who dont belong in bronze is stuck there. I dont want to offend anyone but there might be many reason why is anyone stuck there.

Not really because if you keep getting bad players you go up and down aroung 1100 and 1500 but never move from that range. I started tank with 500 this season, went up all the way to 1200 but now I feel stuck because people are either leaving or just don’t play their roles. you get another 1 or 2 real good players in the team but without the roles respected it’s impossible to keep up

Nobody keep getting only bad players. You will get bad and good players, so will enemy teams.

Really, interesting, did you just contradict yourself here? How did you climb 700 SR when you should be geeting bad player to prevent you from climbing?

Its because you are not playing better than others in your rank, you have to start playing as players who play higher to climb.

1 Like

that’s because of all the hours I have playing tank. at some point you get stuck but if you think Im playing bad watch my games and give me some feedbacks…

Where I can find your games?

Only reason why you would be stuck is if you hit the ceilling of your current skill.

1 Like

At the start of this season, I dropped to low-mid Bronze(900ish SR) due to playing while very intoxicated (I know, shame on me for relaxing and playing a game), after playing a handful of games while sober, I jumped back up to 18xx.

If you feel like your stuck, watch your gameplay back, and point out mistakes YOU made, and correct them. While I realize my mistake was playing intoxicated, I fixed it.

I get that and I don’t think that being healer/tank (I don’t like dps) can help much alone in the match. I keep a good heal score per match (usually gold but sometimes that doesn’t mean much) and as tank I am more upfront distraction. but how do you win if the shield is jumping on the middle of the other team waving the hammer or lucio is running around bupping and healing at no time during the match? I wont even talk about dps mercy…
so as we go up in the rank I would expect some more balance, with people aware that during overtime if they leave the payload to get a kill the team will get defeated… or like today someone asking “what is a payload” while he was running after 2 players :man_facepalming: