Please try harder to do something about smurfs

Ah, i can agree that that system would be fine.

Just like CS:GO’s Overwatch system huh?
Would work out.

I understand that.

It’s just that we should also acknowledge that people wanting to ruin games is the main reason why they’re smurfing.

So that people realize that this issue is not directly one-sided, thus higher rankings should also recieve some attention.

Pretty much yes. Though it’d need a new name. Overwatch: Overwatch would just be confusing.

While yes higher ranks have issues as well. I can’t agree with you there. Issues that exist at higher ranks due need to be addressed but like I said they do not excuse the experiences that get ruined for other players. Just because someone steals from me does not give me the right to go rob someone else.

The issue of smurfing is inherently one sided because outside of paying someone to boost your low level account, something I’m sure is much rarer than the inverse, there is no such thing as reverse smurfing where someone intentionally boosts themselves up to a higher rank just to troll and bully those players. It is still a choice that the players that do it make and they are ultimately responsible for it.

Never did I ever say i deserved a higher skill rating.

chuckled at the questionnaire. Smurfs arent going anywhere, if you dont like it, then leave because blizzard literally is feeding them.

GM smurf 3 - stack in silver… wtf

Most of them have fragile egos so if you lose one point they either leave the group or just flame everyone

1 Like

I chuckled at you chuckling because laughter is infectious. I guess the quarantine is good for something.

I only wish I could avoid smurfs on my team. Being the fat kid thrown onto an NBA team is the worst. You never get the “ball” or learn what to do with it.

A smurf on the other team is only depressing when you are playing with friends, and know that those friends aren’t having fun being locked in spawn for the 3rd game in a row.

2 Likes

I’ve won games that felt too easy with smurf on my team, and I report for gameplay sabotage just the same.

1 Like

Here’s my issue. I play in Diamond on my healer so I know what Diamond/Master DPS play like. I’m very aware of what they play like as I’ve been diamond tank/healer for at least 10 seasons, but then I queue as dps and I’m sitting very steadily at 2100 and I notice DPS that are playing like Diamonds. I’m a decent dps so I can contend with them, but I shouldn’t have to because I’m practically silver rated at this point. When I play against actual gold dps I feel bad because it’s just not fair to them. The smurfs have definitely destroyed any semblance of a skill bell curve by existing.

From what you’re saying, either they’re not smurfing or you’re smurfing too.

1 Like

I’m just a victim here. My account is 2 star gold. There’s no way I’m smurfing.

Well, you’re saying that you’re a 2100 DPS who’s holding their own against (allegedly) diamond DPS. So either these guys arent anywhere near diamond or you dont belong anywhere near 2100.

How naive do you think I am? Ive played with maxed diamond border smurfs.

1 Like

Okay well I’m in no way trying to smurf. I just played with a friend for one season which tanked my rating but my mmr is still high so I am stuck playing against smurfs. And I hold my own against masters and gm dps. I know because I’ve friended them afterwards and played with them. One was 3800 and the other 4200. I’m not just blowing smoke here. Granted I don’t think I’m masters DPS maybe low diamond at best, but it’s very frustrating.

Imagine complaining about smurfs while smurfing.

The actual low rankers deserve to complain. You’re just being hypocritical.

1 Like

? The MMR system is responsible for me being stuck in gold. I only try to win. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Oh, so when you’re playing below your rank its because the system did it.

But the other people that are playing at the same level as you, they’re obviously intentionally deranked smurfs.

Thats grade-A logic right there

1 Like

I didn’t intentionally derank. That’s where your flaw in logic is.

Ill reiterate, in the hopes that you understand the point this time:

1 Like

It’s obvious when people are smurfs. Accounts that are bronze bordered are smurfs. The other people who have silver/gold/plat borders who are really good are stuck in the same boat as me. Trust me I see a lot of them. Smurfs mess up the bell curve. Christ get your head out of your own butt.