Please tell me we're getting a real archives event this year

Junkenstein > Archives.

Maybe that’s it but it’s been such a long time since we got a new story that I can only remember how lame and repetitive they are now.

1 Like

Yeah, I almost said “except Junkenstein” but they’re both right up there.

2 Likes

A company certainly knows how to pay an outside team to make skins while the main team works on the game. Heck, they did this for Warcraft Reforged…for what its worth.

In fact, I think even I could benefit from paying people to make 3d models for me. Also, in fact, making skins may not be as hard as making entire 3d characters, since you already have a starting point via already completed 3d characters.

Maybe we should try to make OW type skins. I’d love to see a talon Tracer.

No new missions, no way. Probably only 2 legendaries :sleeping: and yet this is the year they’re supposedly going to add more legendary skins than ever? :clown_face:

3 Likes

At this point I’d rather they just full-on focus on OW2 so we get it sooner. :slight_smile:

Skins do nothing to improve my ‘experience’ of the game but getting Push, new heroes and maps will be awesome! :slight_smile:

Have you been placing in top500 since comp season 1? If not you will never have everything, because now you’ve got no chance of getting those sprays and/or player portraits. And that’s not mentioning mini-events, challenge weeks or other OWL sprays (and golden guns too). Now, I wouldn’t be even mentioning those, except for the fact those things are still in the gallery. I have no clue what’s the point of me seeing the spray for comp season 1 if there’s no way to unlock it, is it just to look at the funny little animation?

Should they put April Fool patches on heroes into PVE missions? But that may make things too easy or hard.

New challenges would be nice, but very unlikely.

I need a labcoat Sigma skin based on his trailer; Sym needs a new lore skin like a student or fresh graduate from her Viskar academy.

All I need is do 2 event missions (Uprising and storm something both legendary) and I didnt do it last year coze did not have 3ppl to Play or random (genji) just 5s after starting die… and just saied that next year we gonna do this coze now I know how finish storm something but insurect is way to hard.
And it only left 7 event achivment (2 summer, 5 winter wonderland) and 6 hero achivment (Doomfist 2, genji 2, Hanzo 1, s67 1)
Right now OW is compleate in 90%
(Yes I need medical help)

So… For this event they could do 2 more challange missions but all I rylly wanna is a legendary skin for my Sweet Sweet metal Boi zen.
TBH theres like 6 Heroes that dont have any archive skins.

Survive and spam shoot on the “bridge” in Eichenwalde better than traveling through a whole map completing different objectives, fighting different enemy types with cinematics before and after the mission in addition to lore tied conversations throughout the missions?!?! Nice joke.

Remember, if we didn’t have archives missions, we wouldn’t have a clue about the current general lore/role of Mauga and Sojourn. Mauga a Talon Heavy Assault like in retribution so we can already guess his playstyle and Sojourn is at the same leadership level as Ana, Reyes and Jack for Overwatch (all led Overwatch missions through voice commands)

1 Like

Me still waiting for DVa and Brig to have at least 1 archives skin :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

I agree. I really don’t care for PvE.

1 Like

What about the cinematics/animated shorts. In other words, just the story?

That’s what Youtube is for on my second monitor XD

1 Like

They used to be. Retribution was the most hyped event in the games history. Archives is a huge lore dump+gameplay change all in one with unique voicelines and usually came bundled with a new map so was very exciting for the event to come since we got alot of unique content. It’s not exciting now because it’s turned into junkenstein 2.0

3 Likes

If you do each one once, then I’d agree with you. But there’s just something about Junkenstein that’s super replayable while archives missions get boring after doing them twice. Perhaps it’s the hard focus on gameplay vs the story parts.

That’s how it is for me. I never get tired of eating chips, but I can’t stomach more than one filet mignon a week…

You spelled Christmas wrong.

Nothing was as hype for OW as Uprising and Retribution trailers when they dropped.

Shame storm rising was such a letdown and then we’ve gotten nothing.

Forgot actiblizz was a small indie dev who barely can get new employees, or they would be in risk of bankrupt

If team 4 is not making sufficient revenue , Blizzard can easily switch them to work on other Blizzard projects that would be more profitable to them.
Blizzard the billion dollar company doesn’t have to keep a game and live service up that isnt making them much money, when they can just relocate those resources to their more profitable franchises.

Why would a company , even if they are a billion dollar company , have a game in live service giving everything out for free , with it generating very little revenue for them just because they are a big company?