Please stop removing Zarya Mechanics

At this point, Zarya has basically no variance between high energy and low energy apart from damage.

Before, her explosion used to scale with energy, and her beam used to scale with energy.

Now, she has nothing. It makes the hero simpler.

Please stop removing mechanics from the game.

15 Likes

They nerfed her so they can disguise the sym nerf as “beams are too strong”

2 Likes

Honestly, the damage nerf is probably because the previous beam damage bug fix causes her to do x% more damage which is why they removed x% damage, but this really dumbs down Zarya and lowers her efficacy on shields. It’s just a weird change.

Funny thing considering how many people complained about her damage before.

Brig is feeling it too. With slavery to 2/2/2 we’re starting to see the homogenization of everything special about the game. Truly it is going to Hell in a hand basket.

4 Likes

Why make things unique when its easier to balance things that are the same I guess.

It’s such a shame they’re removing interesting little mechanics like this =\ wonder if they’ll get rid of monkeys jump momentum like reins shield jumping next :frowning:

It isn’t interesting in the slightest, it’s merely a consequence of gaining more energy and there’s absolutely no reason not to.
No one is making interesting decisions around this mechanic like “I’d rather not bubble now because if I gain another 20 energy and my beam width goes above 1.75 that’ll be detrimental for some reason”.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what point you’re trying to make in the second part, but you’re welcome to your opinion I suppose.

Zarya is one of my favorite heroes, but I am not really mad about the beam damage reduction. It makes sense that fixing the irregularities in the beam interactions would indirectly buff her damage and need some toning down.

The beam width thing is a strange one to me, though. I wonder what the reasoning is behind it.

Why don’t they simply revert the ‘fix’ then?

Well I kind of understand why they don’t. But sometimes even what is technically ‘correct’ isn’t necessarily correct in ‘application’.

Also wouldn’t a strictly better implementation is slightly increase the ‘rate of decay’?

Exactly I give it a week tops before she’s buffed meanwhile Sym will get another nerf, maybe Sombra too.

I think the fix is very, very good, because it will make her output consistently what the numbers say it should be.

On the whole I think she should pretty much break even in terms of damage output?