Please Revert Mercy 2.0 changes

Dude I’m not going to wander through your maze of hypotheticals. If you can’t appreciate the fundamental design issues, I can’t be bothered to educate. I’m sorry.

:smiley:

It’s not a “maze of hypotheticals”, it’s basic consideration of context and the ability to form a cohesive and relevant example. Rez sounds OP when you put it in a vaccuum or in a situation that’s ideal and optimal in every way, and so does every ult, but that’s not what happens in the game.

2 Likes

There should not be anything in this game that even opens the door toward the possibility of someone being rewarded more for the more team mates that die under certain conditions.

Regardless of the restriction and conditions you place on mass rez, that mechanic will always exist as long as 1 button press = 1-5 people rezzed.

Therefore, 1:1, which we have now experienced for oh so long, seems the healthiest and simplest choice. Therefore, I support Blizzard (as misguided and foolish as they are) in their move away from 1:1-5 toward 1:1.

I have seen no reason, that doesn’t just beg for me to care about some victimized Mercy main, that convinces me that 1:1-5 would be better. Absolutely none.

Tempo rez better? You can tempo rez now. No gaminess or exploitation even remotely possible.

1 Like

I’ve already explained to you multiple times why she isn’t rewarded for teammates dying. Multiple people have now.

2 Likes

You haven’t given me any reason to believe that, under certain conditions that you seem to feel are oh so important, that she isn’t rewarded for teammates dying. All depends on the circumstance, right?

Like I said, the only circumstance in which she’s rewarded for teammates dying is when they die to bait out enemy ults. And even then, she’s not rewarded for them dying, she’s rewarded for them baiting the enemy, and only if the situation supports it. The value of rez does not automatically go up with the number of people rezed, she isn’t rewarded for teammates dying.

That’s not true AT ALL. I can think of so many circumstances to the contrary.

You’re just ignorantly arguing what benefits you, you’re not being considerate at all of the context. You’re just angry I won’t accept your proposed context as the legitimate one. Weak.

Just because the value of rez doesn’t automatically increase with the number rezzed, given certain circumstances, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t times where she IS rewarded for team mates dying. The number could be irrelevant given the situation, thus why pros popped mass rez to bring up JUST PHARAH.

You are just arguing against perspectives that are contrary to your own without giving any compelling reason. I have no reason to believe someone saying the opposite isn’t just as valid. Again, you’re just mad it seems that I am not acknowledging your position as correct.

Name them, then.

I’m really not, you’re just not giving any argument that supports your point and not refuting anything I’m saying.

I’m not angry at all. Frustrated, maybe, at your inability to listen to reason and having to explain the same basic things to you repeatedly.

Then give examples of when she would be rewarded for teammates dying.

1 Like

This is true. It was the only ultimate of its kind, but every ultimate is unique in its own way as well, aren’t they? Mass Rez was just sort of a different beast where it can’t be directly compared.

I agree with this. It’s hard to argue any point in regards to Overwatch due to how complex it is. A lot of things just can’t be entirely removed from the context, but the context is too highly variable to be used to 100% unequivocally support one side or another.

You did represent it well, and we do agree on a number of points - we just have a different way of looking at it.

For the sake of being entirely transparent, I personally am pro mass rez - but my personal feelings about something holds no weight in a discussion about resurrection’s mechanics, or how it interacted with the game at large. I specifically avoided breaching the subject of how “fun”/“engaging” or whatever Mass Rez was simply because you can’t really use a personal opinion to make any kind of argument.

2 Likes

I’m not going to run the gauntlet. Temple of Anubis, second point, Mercy gets killed first and the enemy team rolls hard onto the second point. She comes out of spawn first, manages to pop the rez. Bam. Nothing to do with ults, her Q press swings the game entirely based on how many people rezzed.

You do realize that the majority of complaints about Valk and such stem from the lack of swing/play making potential, yes? That in and of itself shows just how powerful it can be, and how it benefits from more than 1 person on her team being rezzed.

You’re lost in the hole, Alice. Find the hookah smoking caterpillar.

Except she’s not being rewarded for the number of teammates that died. The amount of alive teammates would be the same if one or two or three had simply survived.

1 Like

I legitimately have no idea how you could respond like that to what I said.

The door mouse said feed your head, Alice.

Much like rez, that’s because of your own inability, not because it’s somehow flawed.

If she rezes 5, there are now 6 alive including her.
If 2 survived and she rezes the remaining 3, there are now 6 alive including her.
The rez’s value does not go up simply because more people died.

1 Like

If you can’t see the difference between those two scenarios, there is legitimately nothing I can do. There is a clear and obvious distinction (that is number alive).

You do you, boo.

Okay? That has nothing to do with how she’s somehow rewarded for teammates dying. If the value is the same regardless of how many died, how is she rewarded?

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna pass yo. This seems like a lot of work.

Agree to disagree. We all got our opinions yo.

Stop with the MERCY SPAM let our FORUMS in peace thanks!

1 Like

Yes, proving something you have no argument for would probably take a lot of work.

1 Like

Wording my argument in a way that isn’t liable to misinterpretation is indeed a lot of work.

I don’t see why attempting to try and convince you, this one specific forum user, would be worth the time and effort it’d take.

I can argue. I just don’t see a point right.

That said, Kailan, I truly do appreciate your approach and perspective. I will do my best to further understand the situation. I have nothing but admiration and respect for your approach and patience. Thank you.

2 Likes