Please Revert Mercy 2.0 changes

1 button press = 1 rez. 1 button press = 1-5 people rezzed should never return.

1 Like

At least you needed positioning and the hide game was fun. Pulling it off felt good. It should come back.

No, I disagree. Mercy 1.0 was objectively a terribly unfun abomination of gamedesign.

I’m all in for suggestions for changes, but no, I refuse to have Mercy-gameplay be restricted to “the big rez” holding the entire game hostage with a single ability.
DPS, cant dps, because of the big rez and Healers cant heal because “If I go out there, that Mccree might headshot me and I’m gonna waste the big rez.”

Its over, you wont be hiding behind a wall anymore just to hit Q afterwards and be rewarded with “Wow, potg, youre so gud” - stop fantasizing about it.

And FYI: If you come around with the BS of “But I never said that my team should die on point, I always kept healing in front of the enemy Mccree instead” then you did not have the Mercy 1.0 gameplay nailed.
Not even gonna mention the trolls who blatanly lie about it just to get it reverted back to that.

3 Likes

No. The hide game was not fun.

Miss me with this noise.

4 Likes

You just had to be aware that she could swoop in and swing a fight. And they used it to res small groups in the mid game. At least she wasn’t hold left click, and thats all you do.

Mercy is in a much better state now than before because her power is no longer compressed into mass resurrect, which not only made it difficult to balance out her kit when it inevitably would need some tweaking (all heroes get tweaked at some point), but it had enabled a general playstyle that wasn’t engaging for any of the 12 players involved in a game with Mercy. We’re not going to see a revert because mass resurrect had far too many problems associated with it that couldn’t even realistically be touched without causing more problems. The health of the game is in a much better place with Mercy having a kit that can more finely be adjusted, especially now that it’s more on track with what Overwatch is meant to be about.

You don’t have to like the new Mercy, but I really do think the community would do better to drop this subject. So many people are asking for what is effectively a more flawed version of the game, one that the developers don’t want, and one that many other players don’t want either. It’s also just embarrassing, to me, how many people try to call this opinion “the majority among Mercy mains.” Because, look, I may not be a Mercy main, but I play a lot of Mercy, and these changes? I love them. The reworked Mercy is waaaay more fun for me, she’s way more involved. The opinion that she needs a revert isn’t a majority opinion but one from an extremely… extremely vocal minority, much of which is made up of people who only play Mercy and thus have significant biases in front of them.

This subject needs to be dropped. People need to understand the actual truth behind Mercy’s rework and what it was meant to do, and then after understanding that, then we can start having real conversations about the actual Mercy we actually play with. None of these conversations are ever productive because they’re consistently asking for something that is not going to make a comeback, the same way that even if a bunch of Bastion mains begged every single day for that 35% Ironclad to come back “because it was more fun,” Blizzard wouldn’t just forfeit their design philosophies and intentions over to them.

4 Likes

thats false, OVerwatch is balanced about ultimates, there are so many ults that can kill 5 players, she had one that could res 5 but you’re forgetting that there was a radius on it, and it was still difficult af to pull off.

It wasnt difficult to pull off. Take it from a Mercy main.

2 Likes

Balance involves far more than ultimates. That and what you said in response to me would be met with many Mercy mains saying you are playing wrong etc etc.

Your position is weak in the view of basically both the positions for and against mass rez. That’s just fact.

1:1. Not 1:1-5.

1 Like

May I remind you how awful overtime was on 2 CP maps because of Mercy?

1 Like

“Multiple threads” were made because you just spammed all the same, useless repetitive rants over and over and begged the devs to play again hide and seek and rank up, and reached the maximum amount of posts.

But if you say so, I’m now going to remove all my flags to all Mercy threads because you don’t like it.

Typical Mercy mains that in addition of wanting attentions, they start to do the victims too.

1 Like

No the invincibility buff to res was 2.0, it completely changed her playstyle

It was pretty easy to spawn camp a Mercy even on 2CP maps though if you really wanted to shut her down lol… why do people blame the hero for the inability of their team to kill her?

You can go into my post history and read all my overly long posts about Mercy’s rework, I’m not going to repeat everything here (in fact just recently I wrote an argument for why the “ultimates kill lots of people” argument doesn’t work).

For this point in particular, Mercy did not get reworked solely for balancing purposes, she was reworked so that her kit was more engaging for all players involved and so that her kit had room to be adjusted in future updates. Every hero will inevitably need to be changed as new things come out and new balance inequalities crop up, but Mercy was going to be in a stale state because almost all of her power was bound to an ultimate that people weren’t even enjoying playing with or around. It wasn’t about Mercy being underpowered or overpowered, it was about giving her the tools to make her a hero that can be tuned for what Overwatch is.

1 Like

Let’s be real, what the Mercy whiners are really saying is they loved countering high-skill/well coordinated plays with a single zero-skill button push to win matches and climb rank (aka Mass Rez).

At the highest-levels of play, Mercy could undo super high-skill plays with a single button push. Mass Rez was the epitome of no-skill, cheese-ball abilities with ridiculously high payoffs that could swing the entire course of a match.

Mass Rez is gone. It was bad for the game. It’s never coming back. People need to get over it.

1 Like

That’s not how it works. The invincibility buff introduced Mercy 1.5.

Reworked Mercy was 2.0, and just about any YouTube video will tell you the same.

Don’t bother with this guy, it’s not worth risking the silence.

I’m stating what I see.

I tought you were ignoring me. You keep reading my posts instead.
Not coherent.

1 Like

“thats not how it works because i said so”

1 Like

Damn, I saw some strange excuses but this beats all of them.

1 Like

I don’t recall ever saying this.

But if you want to accuse me of doing so, the same argument could be made with you.

“This is Mercy 3.0 because I say so”

Let me explain to you again.

• Mercy started out as Mercy 1.0.
  • She had a few buffs a long the way between 1.0 and the next iteration, 1.5.
  • Her invulnerability buff made her Mercy 1.5 because no extra abilities were added and her play style didn’t change too much. Don’t bother trying to argue that you feel like her playstyle changed because that’s subjective and not objective.
  • She was reworked and granted a new ultimate, whilst providing her an E ability. This is Mercy 2.0.
  • Her initial Valkyrie nerfs (removal of Rez reset but granted Rez charges instead) made her Mercy 2.1.
  • The January Mercy nerfs made her Mercy 2.3, because of how much she was nerfed.
  • I’m guessing that her healing nerf made her Mercy 2.4, though I’m not sure because the nerf itself isn’t very drastic.

To help you understand why your logic is wrong:

You say the Mass Rez with Invuln was 2.0.

Yet you say current Mercy is 3.0.

If this were true, what was her initial rework iteration? 2.5? That is impossible because the changes made were so significant that she needed to be branded another X.0.

1 Like