Please Respond to #reworkmercy

Exactly my point though. She HAS to waste time switching weapons. While Moira and lucio don’t. She should be outhealing them but is unable to because of the massive nerfs. And thank you for admitting she IS a pacifist as that’s a main point why her ult should be boosting her healing/Rez capabilities and NOT her pistol.

On that note I must go all. It’s late and I have a life to live tomorrow so I must go.

I’ll probably be on tomorrow to see what f*ckery I missed lol. But I love you all. Even those with differing opinions. I tried to express mine concise and clearly in hopes that we can humanely talk to one another. It’s kind of worked. Thank you for all who participated. Goodnight!

1 Like

I’ve been saying this a lot. Mercy should be deleted and Pharah should get a new ultimate called “Mercy”. She presses Q, yells “Mercy do something” and a Mercy bot shows up to pocket her.

Perfect.

2 Likes

We have fixed the problem. We can close this thread now.

1 Like

What part of that addresses her issues?

Like I said, a lot of talk about balance, which is missing the point.

“Ashe’s addition to the game may restore Mercy’s glory and it might show how strong Mercy really is.”

Now that’s pissing on players without the courtesy of calling it rain.

1 Like

Don’t let yourself get disheartened by all the neagitve comments here.

The OP even said, he wanted to keep it civil and just wanted to discuss ideas regarding Mercy, and in the first five answers, there are already insults, like calling OP a “kid”, who allegedly is “pathetic” for expressing his opinion.
You have created a well thoughtout post with many right remarks and even more good suggestions for improvement.

The amount of arrogance and stupidity in many of these negative comments is astounding.

Claims like: “If they would rework Mercy now, it just shows that if enough people complain, Blizz will rework any hero”
Yeah no sh$$t Sherlock, what do you think happened before the Mercy-Rework disaster?
Mr. Seagull lead the pitchfork movement against Mercy and her ult. And the consequences of this movement continue to damage this game to this day.
I take special amusement in the fact, from all people, its the Seabird that is now complaining, that there is no counter to ultspam ^^

Whatever.
Your post is intelligently written and was a pleasure to read.
Keep it up and dont get frustrated by the fact, that intelligent and polite people are rare to find these days.

2 Likes

So they think Mercy is strong and can play her role as support hero better with the addition of Ashe (just like how she has a great synergy with Pharah)? :thinking:

What about this:

They confirmed that she will not get a rework (or a revert in another post).
They want to see how Mercy performs with the latest buffs before deciding if she needs buffs.

Please do tell me.
Is Mercy unbalanced, unviable and broken?

• Her average healing is on par with other main healers.
  • Her pickrate is higher in lower ranks than in higher ranks. This can (partly) be blamed on the fact that she isn’t meta. But she still has a decent pickrate in high ranks.
  • Her winrate is above 50% in play and higher (just like most heroes).
  • Her kit doesn’t seem broken nor is she affected by bugs like many other heroes.

Does Mercy need changes?
I would say no. I think she is balanced in her current state.

Is (un)fun a valid reason to change an already balanced hero?
Again, I would say no. Fun is subjective.

3 Likes

It is the answer though, Mercy is not getting a rework.

The reason the rest is ignored is because you already have the answer.
You can keep asking the same question after you’ve been given the answer, that doesn’t change the fact that the question has been answered

5 Likes

you know they can’t reply to everything and everyone, right?
Demanding that they make a post addressing every single complaint ever is absurd and reeks of entitlement.
What more do you need?
“We thought mass rez was unhealthy for the game, because it was holding mercy back and incentivized hide’n’rez”.
The devs said hide’n’rez was a thing. Because it was.
It wasn’t the sole thing you’d do, but let’s not kid ourselves that it wasn’t a legit tactic. The devs have far more data than we will ever get, no matter what a select few users say.

Also, despite how noisy these complaints are, remember they are exclusive to a specific subset of fans of a specific hero. Overwatch has 40 millions accounts. Even if half of those are smurfs, the amount of mercy mains truly unhappy with her current state is still a minority.
You need to start accepting that mercy shouldn’t take all the attentions of the devs, she’s been tweaked pretty much every single patch, everytime.
Stop saying she’s ignored just because they don’t do those very specific things you ask for.

Can you also stop blaming seagull for literally everything you don’t like about the game?

2 Likes

outheal lucio? heh it will be prety hard this guy has a constant passive chain healing
yea it is low but man dont cross him in total mayhem it makes the team hard to kill

Pocketing another hero doesn’t change Mercy at all.

It’s the same as above, so I’ll give the same answer:

I followed Blizzcon quite closely. It was frankly as embarrassing as the Diablo mobile stuff albeit on a much smaller scale.

They talked a lot about Mercy’s balance and how “Ashe is almost like a buff to Mercy”. Meanwhile the feedback on Valkyrie is mostly unrelated with balance, I have yet to see someone who likes to play this game as Pharah’s Bob.

And by the way, they have been “happy with Mercy’s state” for 15 changes.

1 Like

For starters, her lore

A guardian angel to those who come under her care, Dr. Angela Ziegler is a peerless healer, a brilliant scientist, and a staunch advocate for peace.

Ziegler rose to become the head of surgery at a prominent Swiss hospital before pioneering a breakthrough in the field of applied nanobiology that radically improved the treatment of life-threatening illnesses and injuries. It was this expertise that attracted the attention of Overwatch.

Because her parents had been taken by war, Ziegler was opposed to the organization’s militaristic approach to keeping global peace. Ultimately, she recognized that Overwatch offered her the opportunity to save lives on a much larger scale. As Overwatch’s head of medical research, Angela sought to leverage her work for healing in frontline crises. The result was the Valkyrie swift-response suit, which Ziegler herself piloted on many Overwatch missions.

Despite her contributions to Overwatch, she was often at odds with her superiors and the organization’s overarching aims. When Overwatch dissolved, Ziegler dedicated herself to helping those affected by war.

Though she spends most of her time caring for the broken and dispossessed in crisis areas around the world, Dr. Ziegler can be counted on to don her Valkyrie suit whenever innocents are imperiled.

Secondly, only once the world peace is mentioned, pacifist is nowhere no be found, healer however yes

it is an FPS game though, add whatever you want but pewing is the main focus

You are connecting two different points, she’s not a hippie nor weak, on the contrary she’s willing to fight for what is right, which is very different from standing still hoping science magically undo harm, those who you mention (with the exception of J boy) weren’t weak because they had a voice and they stood up to injustice, the only simile to be made here (again, on an fps game) is to take a gun and fire at the evildoers

keep your mic, I don’t want it

2 Likes

This, they have gone back on their word many times in the past. I don’t see a problem with expecting them to do the same with their previous stance on Mercy. A response would certainly be beneficial. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
ReworkMercy
:blue_heart:

Torbjorn, who is the only other character with weapon swap, also has a delay between weapons, does that mean that he’s not offense oriented? it seems to me like this is simply a design mechanic meant to stop animation cancelling

However, taking your point as somewhat valid, what character has stuff in their kit for the player not to use? but sure, let’s give Mercy a gun so that people could twist her lore to their wishes? the gun is there for you to use when the benefits are greater than the harm, for self defense sure but also for when your position (Mercy can pretty much design her position at will) and dmg (which is nothing to laugh about, 100 dps) will allow you to save your allies

You may choose to play the pacifist in game but you can be incredibly sure that someone else who’s playing the battle medic will kill you repeatedly and Mercy won’t suddenly start crying

It’s not really that difficult.

New tournament rule:

• No triple healers.

Solved.

I kinda see your point, but some people are not willing to give up mercy that easily because they’ve been with her since day one

1 Like

I don’t think it will end even then. It’s gone on for so long that the divide has grown deep, and if she is changed the stance of the posts is all that is going to change.

At this point no matter what they do with Mercy people will hate it.

3 Likes

She could use some buffs. 50 hp/s causes problems for her. You find less opportunities to utilise damage boost because you are spending all your time healing now. They only need to tweak numbers around to make a majority of people happy. Healing back to 60hp/s Valk single beam heals 75, chain beams half that. Maybe even experiment with shorter cast times for res in valk. They don’t need to do a full rework imho.

I’m relatively new to Overwatch, and I wasn’t here when she could rez the whole team, but it already feels annoying when you just killed someone and when you turn she rezed the person you eliminated, I can’t even imagine this but x5 times worse plus invulnerability both to the people she rezed and to her. I’m not saying they should remove her current rez ability and there’s no need to, given that it is completely balanced. However, I do agree that a 5 men rez was probably very frustrating.

1 Like

That’s literally why she was reworked in the first place, though.

2 Likes

It has been established within the marketing community that a person is something on the order of ten times as likely to voice displeasure with something than they are to voice satisfaciton or happiness

Said another way - there are plenty of folks who are happy with Mercy’s current state and are not talking on the forums because they are happily playing the character in the game rather than running to the forums to complain about it

5 Likes