Please nerf Sombra. I can't take it anymore

She’s not picked that much. That pickrate puts her in like 10% of games.

And she is picked for EMP, which unlike hack is not easy to deny. She’s an ult based hero. Her regular kit is meh.

Just because something is frustrating doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed

4 Likes

You must main doom or hammond no? Yeah its mostly those 2 characters that get hard countered by sombra. I for example love to play hanzo but there are some tracers or genji players that will ruin my day, you think I bend over and take it? No i switch out and try to counter them, This game is all about counters bruh. If the enemy is going sombra to counter your doom then you must be doing something right because a doom thats ignored usually allows him to singlehandedly wipe supports easily.

3 Likes

There are several reasons why this argument is redundant.
a) a hack on one character can lead several deaths of other characters that would not be counted as OAs (e.g. a hack on rein comboing with a DVA bomb or a shatter, a hack on a defensive support stopping them from ulting, a hack on Lucio preventing him from healing a team mate in need)
b) hack isn’t just about making another character die, there is a massive utility in preventing a ultimate from going off, preventing various different abilities from going off, and preventing characters from using their movement mechanics.

Putting so much emphasis on OAs ignores utility provided by hack outside of kills, and ignores deaths that occur to characters because of hack that aren’t the hacked target.

And yet there is still more counter-play to these ablities, they don’t last an aggregious amount of time, and they go on the full CD when cast… even if they don’t land on a target.

Hack does not go on its full CD when used badly. This is not good design. All abilities should go on their full CD when committed to a cast. This way people can bait abilites out, outplay abilities, and properly dodge abilities.

It is not intuitive… If my Sigma sees Sombra committed to a hack on another person in my team he should be able to use that information and use his ult. Not have Sombra change her mind half way through her committed hack and hack him instead. It isn’t intuitive and isn’t the case for any other ability in the game.

It isn’t fair because the short CD might aswell not even be there. If I outplay a hack - I shouldn’t get hacked immediately after - I should get that outplay. Not all characters can sit and stare at Sombra and prevent a hack every 2 seconds…

So many characters in the game are countered quite heavily by hack - it is an extremely powerful ability and should not be so lenient and easy to cast for the level of impact it has.

I also don’t think it is fair the level to which she hard counters particular characters… none of them are so oppressive they need such an oppressive an hard counter towards them.

People generally want to be afforded fair counter-play and fair interactions with other heroes in the game. The issue with Sombra is in how she doesn’t have that.

If you counter her hack you don’t get rewarded for it this is a big issue that makes her unfun and non-interactive. Hack and EMP are not trivial low impact abilities. On average across all ranks Sombra gets 32 hacks and 13 EMPs - this is not a hard ability to land, with those numbers I would say its probably too easy.

Infinite invisibility providing great scouting?
Translocated offering an easy escape out of various different situations?
Passive ability allowing you to see people through walls that are low HP?

So what if her damage is low? She is providing so much utility it shouldn’t be high. Making it so she had a bit more fair counter-play by making it so she went on the full CD once committed to a hack wouldn’t kill her.

And ruined someone elses enjoyment of the game - it doesn’t even matter if she got value out of it at that point. It is straight up bullying, removing the ability of other people to enjoy the game is not a good mechanic.

And? I mean you can’t throw Moira’s ball at the sky and go “oopsies I cast that badly but its ok because the game just gives me no CD”.

The CD should be the full CD. There is no justification for a refund on the CD. It is not intuitive and removes fair counter-play and interaction making the character BS and not fun.

Once again not all characters are able to camp a Sombra trying to hack them, if they cancel it once that should be enough to have it wait out its full cooldown… It isn’t exactly hard to pull off a hack on someone.

1 Like

That’s still a decent pickrate

While it is true she is picked for EMP, that doesn’t mean she isn’t able to get hacks off. I’ve watched GM player play Sombra and they can get hacks off pretty consistently.

Hard counters are unhealthy for the game.

That’s decent, not high. Asking why is it so high, when it is not high and is what a dps is supposed to be at if they are viable is ridiculous.

Denying hack isn’t solely about prevention, but when it does go off limiting it’s value. Like you can break hook, or you can bubble a hooked victim…you can also break hack or force Sombra away before she can get a ton of ult charge and/or get someone killed.

1 Like

I use Torb and stick with my Turret. Never gets a hack on me

It’s high for a DPS

It’s not always about her gaining ult charge. Say, if your Rein gets hacked then the enemy will almost assuredly push in.

No. It isn’t. High for a dps is above 3%, which she is not. 2% is normal.

And if the enemy doesn’t get any picks, but instead get picked then it wasn’t that valuable. Her offensive assists aren’t that high, given how many hacks she puts out.

1 Like

2% is above average

Why would they get picked? If your Rein is hacked then the enemy has a big advantage

No. It isn’t. You can’t just go by a singular meta that’s getting resolved. 2% got Genji buffs because it was meh. Normally, 2% is just average. In more metas that not, her pickrate would be below average.

Because they assumed they had the advantage only for an ally to bubble Rein and goes aggro and they get picked. Things like that.

2 Likes

Yes it is, because 2% is higher than 11 DPS.

He wasn’t at 2%, he was regularly around .8% - 1.2%

Genji at the time of his buffs was 2%

1 Like

No, he was around 1%

Nope. It was around 2%. Person showing a screenshot mostly just before the buff to prove he’d always had a good winrate at that time period.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/hecdfv/why_pickrates_need_to_be_taken_with_a_grain_of/

Except 6 of those dps are around the same pickrate as her.

1 Like

Here’s another demonstrating Genji’s state before his buffs.

1 Like

And people are replying that her pickrate isn’t that high, BECAUSE hack is so easily negated.

Currently She is being picked because Hog, Wreckingball, and D’va are being heavily picked, and they are literally the only targets she really ever has.

And her win rate isn’t enough for a person to stay in gm, if that was their win rate.

3 Likes

Yup. If hack was as good as people say it is, she’d be up there with Tracer, if not higher. The main reason she isn’t hard meta is that relying mostly on ultimates is a risky playstyle, that often isn’t worth the pay off. Which is similar to the problem plaguing Genji and Junkrat.

Edit
Only in Sombra’s case, that’s desirable so that she remains good at her niche but not a hero people will want to play a ton.

That was for all 6 months and during that time hero bans were still a thing which would affect pickrates. I checked literally every day, he was regularly .8% - 1.2% with some occasional outliers

Her’s is still higher.

So that’s why Gm players are able to consistently get hacks off

Right, because this is the perfect conditions for her.

Hack is the first stage in converting that hack into ult charge.
Are they getting ult from it?

Citation needed. You are begging the question.

Step 1, show me they are.

So why is cheese the best rocket fuel? Well… it isn’t, and ASKING that question doesn’t make it so.

1 Like