Please Nerf Power Creep instead of Nerfing Defense/Support

I just want the dang bug fixed that lets someone slide right off a wall and take no damage when they hit any sort of curved surface. They hit a wall. They should take SOME kind of damage.

In other words: getting killed is fun. Somehow. But donā€™t you dare prevent those kills by putting up some kind of obstacles in their way, or you will be sent deeper than hell.

But itā€™s me, I guess. For me itā€™s fun watching enemies, that are unable to breach our mighty defense and bash against it, like itā€™s concrete wall.

??? This is my main lmfao

Hi Josh,

is there data available to see what the initials picks and what the subs/counter picks are after specific keypoints or time passed in a match?

Like what determines the value ā€œpick rateā€?

Amount of time over a certain threshold as the char?

Start the game or finish as the char?

I think this would shed some light on which chars are perceived as dominating the meta and which chars are picked up to adjust or counter after a game starts.

Also whatā€™s the absolute values and sample size for pickrate?

Because on paper Ashe has the highest winrate on Overbuff (is this every account or only every public account btw?) but it could be just a handful of skilled Ashe mains.

How many games have been played on each hero would be nice to know aswell.

Thanks in advance!

I dont think I ever said that GM isnt ladder because it sure is. All the people who were GM since Season 10 or so have given stopped tryharding or caring about sr. The only place where you will find people truly tryharding and caring is in scrims/T3+ play which has just been confirmed to not matter to the devs.

How do you think they got Soldier and Genji stats? Through people caring enough to not play meta? Come on.

Oh and donā€™t kill me in an unskilled way like waving around a lightsaber, itā€™s so annoying. Getting punched around and koā€™d instantly however, is fair and balanced. =p

Youā€™re also changing Hanzo, right?

Excuse me, did you just ask me to kill myself? I canā€™t really tell, please specifify.

and can we be sure that the stats youā€™re presenting are legitimate and not inflated?

Like a genji who was only picked 8 times (on one side only) and won 4 games giving him a 50% winrate
compared to
Mei being picked 50 times (on both sides this time) which automatically balances out to another 50% winrate regardless of how many games were played since every match has a mei winning and losing.

while im here, i want to ask another question as well. How do winrates and pickrates work?
this seems odd seeing my last question but hear me out:

Do winrate and pickrates go up for the hero who wins? regardless of if they were picked first or not?
Do winrate and pickrates go up depending on time spent on Y hero even if they picked X hero first?
Do winrate and pickrates go up depending on who was picked first, regardless of if that hero was swapped off and the match was won with a different hero?

In OWL when an enemy players gets 2 picks (sometimes even 1 if itā€™s a tank/support), the rest let themselves die quickly to respawn faster. When a player gets mutlikill (one after another scenario , not at once) itā€™s called Cleanup duty

There is even a video where coaches joke how the audience screams after Mcree gets a 4k, but the reality was that 4 players went to contest point to quickly get cleaned up my Mcree so they can regroup faster and push againā€¦

Stay in spawn, pick Widow and contest her backā€¦ Jesusā€¦ Try something else
This game is 6v6v moba with synergies and counters , not tekken 4 where you should be able to play which ever hero you like or some arcade.

I think it would be wise to look at 4200+ win rate and pick rate, where people coordinate and are extremely skilled compared to even 4000. I can see how winrate can be similar between mei and genji in at 4000 but in t500 games there are many cases I find my team try a hero thatā€™s impossible to play against the other teamā€™s comp. Basically what Iā€™m saying is that random off-meta picks can work fine for low gm, but high gm they hardly do from my experience unless you are near one-tricking that hero; and a hero shouldnā€™t only be able to be played unless you only practice that hero alone, after all.

Genji is one of the most obnoxious characters Iā€™ve ever had to fight in any genre of video game. Heā€™s already played constantly, making him even stronger would be a nightmare.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to point out the obvious, but people love playing Genji so they will try their hardest to play himā€¦ People hate Mei.

A note on Power creep, Ana/Lucio used to be sufficient to maintain the healths of 3 tanks in season 3 with only 1 shield and a Solider as the sole dps was considered sufficient damage to play with that combo. Ana had to be nerfed for that comp to die out, but now Baptiste can pump out more healing by himself then was required back then. Power creep exists 100%.

You sir, are now my fav dev.

Not because of your being the only posts from devs on these forums recently, but because I hope your opinion, that is articulated much better than mine, is something I feel myself, I have been having a great time on torb and winning much with him lately for example. I have also been trying to say (poorly haha) the healers outside a few abilities are all pretty good and even vouching for of the stigmatized heroes.

While I have my own personal problem with some functions, I hope people take this to heart.

1 Like

You : ā€œI DONT PLAY DPS THEREFORE EVERYBODY WHO DOES IS AN IDIOT AND NO OPINIONS ALLOWED HERE I CANNOT MAKE MISTAKES MERCY NEEDS BUFFS RIGHT NOW OR I WILL HAVE TO PUT ACTUAL EFFORT INā€

Me : ā€œJust play the game, jeez.ā€

This is absolutely fascinating. Thank you very much for sharing this information. I remember a while back a dev mentioned that they wanted to balance the sr system to get lots of ā€œclose gamesā€. Do you have any data on how much these heroes are picked in games that are considered close when they are not mirror comps?

Can someone tell me what power creep means?

We want to encourage developer communication with the community, not discourage it, as your language might discourage this. If you donā€™t want OW devs to communicate with the people here, you are free to leave.

I think that it makes no sense to return to the game while this happens in it. I just have no words, how can such a balance section exist at all?

So gengi wr in gm is over 50% thats suprising