Please, make Mercy MtF character

I am MtF person and I like her a lot! She is very beautiful, kind and strong. She has both kindness and strength why not making her Mtf? I think she is the best character for it and your game has no Mtf or FtM at all :frowning:

7 Likes

I mean nothing’s comfirmed really

14 Likes

What do MtF and FtM mean?

8 Likes

No pls, Mercy is NOT MtF, maybe zarya but not mercy.

30 Likes

Man to female or female to male.

3 Likes

It would make sense after her original design even though you would need a skin change too but can y’all just stop. Maybe another hero but we just got another gay (nothing wrong with it) so can we just stop wanting everything to change even though it wouldn’t even matter.

1 Like

No. No Way. NO. Just NO.

53 Likes

So you want to change Mercy into a man?
Why?

5 Likes

These are the kind of posts that make people react so poorly to reveals like Soldier.

Just stop. Let Blizzard tell the story.

29 Likes

Sorry to disappoint you but the next comic we’re gonna get will only be at 2021.

9 Likes

Zarya would be the worst choice for mtf

16 Likes

Why would you need a skin change or a model change

Please don’t make that Mercy. I’m a bi man who obviously supports LGBTQ+, but that does not fit Mercy.

It would be a bit more understandable on Moira, but I don’t really think the game needs any more controversial additions to it. Not that it SHOULD be controversial… :confused: but I think a lot of games like this try to stray away from sexuality and such for a reason.

5 Likes

Really, things like sexuality isn’t needed in a game that has not much story in the first place.

21 Likes

You know what my only problem with this is? We’ve seen Mercy as a very young girl. Wasn’t she around 15 in the old OW picture? It’d be very odd for someone to have transitioned that far at such a young age.

1 Like

Sometimes being loose with storytelling can be to a games benefit, and quite honestly, I do wonder if it at times if we get TOO much information.

Story based games of course need to put more attention to it because detail rules there, but with games that could have reasonable lore like Starcraft or Overwatch, where story isn’t necessarily the focal point, having characters focus on key personality attributes can really, really work. Before the latest comic, there was not necessarily a proof that Soldier 76 was gay. But on the other hand, there wasn’t proof that Soldier 76 wasn’t either. It wasn’t solid, but those who were LGTBQ could interpret the story and what was known before and say that THEIR version of soldier 76 was a gay character. Or bi. Or pansexual. Or a furry. That’s the strength of more pulled back story telling: it doesn’t mean that any specific character interpretation is right/wrong: it could be on WHO is interpreting it. That means that a solid character with personality basics could fill in gaps on those who want to play it and get them attached. You could focus on specific elements more in certain cases to justify it.

Now, am I saying that it was a mistake for Soldier 76 to be specific told to be gay? No. I think it sets up interesting story telling elements. The idea of him giving up Vincent, how many of his close relationships have come in conflict with his duty, and the struggle that would put on a Soldier 76 with characters like Reaper and Vincent. To me, the gay portion of that tale is one that reinforce a specific story arc to tell that has potential: and while yes, some people wouldn’t be able to claim that Soldier 76 is bisexual or pansexual or what not, it would be a "sacrifice’ for the sake of developing other parts of the personality, not specifically related to being gay/etc.

What I’m trying to say here is: If you think that Mercy is MTF, or FTM, or something like that: great! Honestly, there’s nothing specifically saying that either way. Think that. Have her currently be the icon that you need. But be mindful that others may have their own fantasy for that character (strong independent woman for example), and that forcing a character to be something for the sake of just having it can be harmful in certain ways to others in the community. If it makes sense from a story perspective and opens up story telling opportunities in the future to make her personality traits make sense that she becomes a MTF or FTM in the future, that’s also fine, but there’s got to be a more substaintial reason then just HAVING one. That’s the thing: having it for the sake of having it reduces the character to just being THAT trait, and regardless of medium, that leads to weaker characters.

4 Likes

Magnetised Target Fusion?
….???

What is MtF?

2 Likes

Why do people think Moria or Zarya would be more “fitting” than mercy? Not that i think mercy is an ideal choice by any means.

5 Likes

I’m guessing Moira because her backstory is about genetic adaptation and pushing the boundaries to become better in her mind, the idea of maximizing human potential. One could argue that in her mind, transitioning from one to another to “maximize her potential” could be a step that she would take given that back story, keeping the focus on her personality traits rather then the actual “alignment” of her sexuality.

Zarya I’m guessing because she’s the strong “tank” like character that’s associated with stereotypical male gender qualities.

The backstory reason for moria seems good enough.
The Zarya thing is exactly why they SHOULDN’T do Zarya

3 Likes