PLEASE, loosely tie COMP SR to QP MMR

In all honesty, I would prefer mine don’t tie together at all, while only being Silver for comp, all of my QP matches (both 2/2/2 and CQP) are against Diamond/Masters, I much prefer my QP matches, and playing against them and more than holding my own, makes my Silver games in comp extremely easy, to where I get called out for hacking due to much higher mechanical skill. Eventually I will climb my comp rank (if the queue times weren’t so high would already be climbing) to match my QP.

1 Like

The grind for QP MMR should be extremely easy… takes only 10 levels or so from silver lobby to diamond/masters lobby

How do you know if youre playing against silvers or golds? Then I guess I’m on Master - GM level, because sometimes in QP there are Tracers with 60-70 elims and 23432423 level Widows with 60%+ accuracy. :rofl:

I believe that’s what OP’s post is about. He wants to play QP games where the Comp SR will match him with QP players around the same SR, not have QP control Comp SR.
Myself I don’t care too much. I’m a diamond player that’s whooped up on players of all ranks and got whooped by players of all ranks in QP. I feel it’s a learning experience. Treat every death as though you’re a Saiyan and come back stronger/smarter.

That’s sadly not correct… You’d think though…

You can check open profiles.

Trust me YOU’RE not…

Yes but playing with lower player consistently drags down your performance. A more competitive quick play experience would reduce the number of alt accounts in comp where people practice heroes they’re bad at.

Sad to say that it wouldn’t. Most players create Alt accounts to smurf, play with friends at a lower SR, get a better SR, or screw around on. You can learn any character in QP/Arcade/Customs on your main account. Bettering QP won’t lower smurf accounts by more than 5% if that.

I said alt accounts not smurf accounts.

The two are not mutually exclusive…

1 Like

To be fair, a smurf account is a type of alternate account. Any additional account you make is an alternate account unless it becomes the account that you spend the most time on.

The difference being a smurf account is created with the intention of trolling lower ranks. An alt account (Rhainsict for me is alt) is at/near your actual SR to practice and reduce comp anxiety.

1 Like