PLEASE, loosely tie COMP SR to QP MMR

I shouldn’t be playing in silver QP matches as a diamond player. My account placed silver IN SEASON 6 and I’m still getting matched with silvers/low golds whenever I go into QP

Please fix, this is not enjoyable.

1 Like

You cant fix something what is not broken. Your MMR from comp and QP is completely separated. You have to climb in qp just like in comp. Your ranking is just invisible in qp. Just play as diamond and you will be where you belong after like 30 games or sooner.

3 Likes

Silver supports in qp had me malding so much I left the game and queued for comp instead. They were calling me a thrower when I’m more than 1k SR higher than them. Of course I’m gonna feed on tank when they never heal me once. Qp is supposed to be the chill mode but somehow I always seem to get way more tilted playing it than comp.

3 Likes

You have to grind QP. It IS possible to be matched against only high Elo players but you really gotta grind it. I think competitive MMR is completely separate tbh.

Haha… Yikers… :joy::joy:

Lol… I was playing tracer in QP the other night, constantly diving back line (killed Zen 2 times as well as a spawn camp) stuck Zarya and killed the Bapt and Zarya but got knocked out by doomfist and mercy tells me to stop dying (had only died once at this point).

1-clipped McCree, 1-clipped Baptist, got pummeled by Zen, mercy player starts flaming me in match chat at how trash I am. Overtime on point, dodging Hammond mines, stuck Zarya for the kill on Zarya/Cree, finished off low hp Hammond and got punched into Hammond mines by doomfist…

Mercy goes in chat talking about how I’m throwing… :unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

Omegalul… was in comp one time (tanks not making enough space to do much), I asked Ana please heal me, Ana says I see no DPS so you see no heals… :worried::worried:

Personally I’d LOVE to see QP allow attack and defend just like comp but with more difficult games (more competitive overall). It would be a lot nicer if QP matched you only with players +/- your SR. But there’s not enough QP warriors I think.

3 Likes

I.
Know.
This.
Hence.
THE POST.

I KNOW

You literally have no idea how little that helps. Play like a diamond tank? Your team will still be at 1st choke while you’re making space and getting no heals. Play like a diamond DPS? Your team will still be at first choke and throw-away a 3 pick gimmie fight. Play like a diamond support? Your team will stand at 1st choke and never push objective until it’s 60s left and they all pop their first ult of the game.

The reason it’s so frustrating playing with these players is that they don’t know how to play the game in the slightest and make it nigh impossible to carry them in more cases than not.

2 Likes

If you’re in the gold range in qp then guess what? You’re also playing against people like that. You said you’re diamond and I don’t doubt that. But if that’s the case it should be no problem for you to run over your opponent no matter what your team does. A diamond anything would be able to dominate those games if you play aggressively.

That being said I’d be okay with them being connected but only in one direction. I don’t need people who want to derank their comp mmr doing it in qp to avoid getting banned, or people making try hard groups for qp to get a boost to their comp mmr. But let the comp mmr slowly drag up the qp mmr behind it as you climb? Sure. Doesn’t make a difference.

Ahh, I felt this comment in my soul! cheers

Ok i didnt know you created post to just complain about team mates.

What do you want to hear then? Dude, qp sucks and team mates will make you lose games even when you play soooo good. Is this better?

Geez, I have several accounts and I have never experience your issue. If you play like plat or dia, you will compete against plats and diamonds in no time. Just stop finding excuses. If silvers are in your games, just farm them, you should have skill to do it easily…

1 Like

It would be nice. I’d like to give QP a fair chance, but being matched into gold teammates really takes its toll. I can’t play like I want to and instead have to play to the rank, which just isn’t fun sometimes.

3 Likes

Did you honestly ever have issues to climb in qp? I feel like qp is actualy doing alot better job to place you higher. A lot faster than comp I mean. When I created new accounts I was in my elo in few games.

Maybe it is because I play and take qp as comp.

Yes, only because 90% of my hours in QP were spent there when in gold. It doesn’t adjust as fast as comp, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

It does for me :slight_smile: maybe you dont try hard enough there? I almost never play it after I level up my accounts, qp frustrates me, because i expect others play it like comp but they dont…

That’s probably why it adjust faster for you than they do. They played a lot of qp and while in gold.

It’s the equivalent of having a new account placing in comp and getting the boost up or down after placing.

1 Like

I remember having only mercy account. I was playing only her even in qp and I was around high plat/diamond after like 15 levels. I was placed at 2500 in comp and it took me a lot more time to climb into high plat. Like it was incredibly more time consuming than QP. I think reason is that you only have MMR in qp and your performance has more impact there.

True. Though my point was more that they played a lot when they were in gold on that account, so while they can still get it up or down a decent amount by their own performance, it’s not going to be as easy to move as a new account.

1 Like

There are just not that many 3k+ players in general. Less then 15% of the player base is over 3k. Compare that to the tons of players in say gold and IMO most of your 3k+ players, are going to be in comp anyways.

In order to get an all 3k+ sort of QP game it needs to be all 3k+ solo or two stacks of just 3k+ players and you’re needed to be a +1 to that game.
compare that to people just playing with friends with a wide range of SR/MMR and ok we need a random 3k+ MMR player to balance this out.

I don’t really know how to fix it other than ‘play comp’ where at least by design everyone is the same MMR (even if some are fooling the system to make it happen).

1 Like

I’ve found it actually drops my APM and awareness… ~_~

But…

1. I dont wanna smurf.
  2. Playing peak SR comp requires me to try significantly harder on days where I’m legitimately not capable of maintaining (so I cant play).
  3. Playing QP with lower tier players forces you to play to them as opposed to your own level which has negative long term effects…
  4. Its basically aim training AT best… At worst its just frustrating expecting others to understand and practice what you’d want to practice.

Sorry but this is just weak argument because if there is less 3k+ players, result would be just longer wait time. Not games with silver and golds.

When I did try hard once in mystery heroes on new account I was in games with high diamond up to top500 players. It honestly sucked because I was waiting like 6-7 minutes for qp match and it was before role q.

sure, in comp where there are limits to the range of match making.

in QP all the 3k+ players are just used to balance out the match making of groups etc that might have a higher MMR/SR player in the mix too. Maybe a GM mercy main with a gold friend so throw a diamond, and a plats in there. Fill the rest with gold and meh… there ya go maybe a 2.7k average game.

In order for that not to happen you would need a whole bunch of random 3k+ players, all in QP over comp, not grouped with anyone under 3k and all looking for a QP game at the same time.
and as I said, 3k+ players are only less than 15% of the player pop.

The only time I see a ton of higher MMR/SR games in QP is when it’s a skin event and everyone meme stacks for the first week with other high SR friends. Then it’s like all masters+ games for me for about a week. Then it’s back oh I have a masters support, on tank… and low gold DPS players.
ok…

It is pretty much the same in qp and arcade. Only limit for groups is removed and balance of games is often bad because of groups with different ranks.